Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Your Least Favorite Star Wars Character (Be Honest)  (Read 6430 times)

March 28, 2017, 08:18:29 PM

Offline Director Krennic

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-0
  • I Made The Death Star!!! Also Tarkin Sucks
    • View Profile
Your Least Favorite Star Wars Character (Be Honest)
« on: March 28, 2017, 08:18:29 PM »
Personally I hate Jar Jar Binx. He is annoying and had no real purpose. And I know that he is a dark lord but we never saw him truely as one.

What's your least favorite character.
The power that we are dealing with here; is immeasurable

March 28, 2017, 09:01:49 PMReply #1

Offline GreyStar

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +11/-4
  • The Rival Defender
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
Re: Your Least Favorite Star Wars Character (Be Honest)
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 09:01:49 PM »
The one I don't hate but like the least? Borrosk Fey'la.

March 28, 2017, 09:11:02 PMReply #2

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 09:11:02 PM »
Probably Natasi Daala.  Incompetence personified, and yet she keeps being given more oportunities throughout the EU to prove her incompetence is boundless.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

March 28, 2017, 09:36:59 PMReply #3

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 09:36:59 PM »
this is a tough call, there are a lot of worthy contenders but I'm going to go with Ysanne Isard. She is cruel for cruelty's sake, she is incompetent but blames others for her failings, she single handedly did more damage to the Empire than anyone else- causing Fel to defect, fragmenting the military, giving the NR legitimacy with Coruscant as well as handing them an SSD, 2 ISDIIs, 2 ISDs and 7 VSDs to boot.

Added to this is how very satisfied I was with how she died, shot in the gut after being systematically lectured how she had become predictable and being utterly foiled by someone whose life she tried to ruin merely for her amusement. Yes, Iceheart is probably my least favorite.
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

March 28, 2017, 09:40:39 PMReply #4

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +18/-6
  • Professional Shut in, Steam Name: Mr.puertorican
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 09:40:39 PM »
Definetly Maul in cannon, Starkiller in legends. Worse characters ever created for a Star Wars franchise. Hell Jar Jar was a better character since he was used as a good plot device because he enabled palps to gain emergency powers.
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

April 05, 2017, 01:09:01 PMReply #5

Offline Grand Admiral Rufaan Tigellinus

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-0
  • One of the 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2017, 01:09:01 PM »
this is a tough call, there are a lot of worthy contenders but I'm going to go with Ysanne Isard. She is cruel for cruelty's sake, she is incompetent but blames others for her failings, she single handedly did more damage to the Empire than anyone else- causing Fel to defect, fragmenting the military, giving the NR legitimacy with Coruscant as well as handing them an SSD, 2 ISDIIs, 2 ISDs and 7 VSDs to boot.

Added to this is how very satisfied I was with how she died, shot in the gut after being systematically lectured how she had become predictable and being utterly foiled by someone whose life she tried to ruin merely for her amusement. Yes, Iceheart is probably my least favorite.

Yes, 100% Isard for me, too. However, Nil Spaar and Borsk Fey'lya are also quite despicable characters for me, although both for entirely different reasons.
"To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Maybe those nihilist philosophers are right; maybe this is all we can expect of the universe, a relentless crushing of life and spirit, because the equilibrium state of the cosmos is death" - Arthur C. Clarke

"We even ignited the first atomic bomb on the day commemorating the transfiguration of Christ, thus unconsciously signaling that we intended likewise to transform the world, not only after the light but after darkness - with a blast that burned several times hotter than the surface of the sun." - Stanislav Grof, "Human Survival and Consciousness Evolution"

April 05, 2017, 01:27:37 PMReply #6

Offline the_trots

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2017, 01:27:37 PM »
Jar Jar Binks for obvious reasons.  I think there was some good stuff in The Phantom Menace but he was a big problem.

My second least favorite is Boba Fett.  Never understood why people think he is the cat's ass.  Got his ass kicked in RotJ.

Boba Fett is the reason I stopped reading star wars books.  I could not read another book by Karen Traviss about how great Boba Fett and the Mandalorians are.

April 05, 2017, 02:10:00 PMReply #7

Offline Grand Admiral Rufaan Tigellinus

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-0
  • One of the 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2017, 02:10:00 PM »
My second least favorite is Boba Fett.  Never understood why people think he is the cat's ass.  Got his ass kicked in RotJ.

Boba Fett is the reason I stopped reading star wars books.  I could not read another book by Karen Traviss about how great Boba Fett and the Mandalorians are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwX4OEEjVJg

Come on, man, he got drunk, that's all! Everyone has their off day. Seriously though, I know what you mean. It's easy to dislike Boba judging by films only. However, I can't say I understand your hatred of his portrayal in the EU, and Traviss's books in particular. Maybe it's just a matter of taste, what do you think? I wouldn't be too bothered about it if I were you. I, for one, enjoyed the Legacy of the Force series. And I'm sure I wasn't the only one. Every book has its audience. It's fine to dislike a work of fiction, there's a myriad of things in the EU that I'm not a fan of as well, for instance, but I don't go mad about it, it's fine with me.

P.S.: I might be wrong, but I feel like my post on another thread here in the Lounge about Boba Fett being my favorite character might have triggered your desire to express your dislike of him, which is why I felt the need to respond to you here. Although it might not be the case. Anyway, have a good day, sir!
"To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Maybe those nihilist philosophers are right; maybe this is all we can expect of the universe, a relentless crushing of life and spirit, because the equilibrium state of the cosmos is death" - Arthur C. Clarke

"We even ignited the first atomic bomb on the day commemorating the transfiguration of Christ, thus unconsciously signaling that we intended likewise to transform the world, not only after the light but after darkness - with a blast that burned several times hotter than the surface of the sun." - Stanislav Grof, "Human Survival and Consciousness Evolution"

April 06, 2017, 12:04:36 AMReply #8

Offline the_trots

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2017, 12:04:36 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwX4OEEjVJg

Come on, man, he got drunk, that's all! Everyone has their off day. Seriously though, I know what you mean. It's easy to dislike Boba judging by films only. However, I can't say I understand your hatred of his portrayal in the EU, and Traviss's books in particular. Maybe it's just a matter of taste, what do you think? I wouldn't be too bothered about it if I were you. I, for one, enjoyed the Legacy of the Force series. And I'm sure I wasn't the only one. Every book has its audience. It's fine to dislike a work of fiction, there's a myriad of things in the EU that I'm not a fan of as well, for instance, but I don't go mad about it, it's fine with me.

I don't necessarily dislike the Legacy of the Force series.  They were a gift from my wife and the books that got me into the EU because initially they were interesting enough that I wanted more EU.  I started reading them and realized I was missing out on a lot of back story, so I went all the way back to Shadows of the Empire (excellent), the X-Wing series, the Thrawn Trilogy (which was obviously great but I was always waiting for a showdown of tactics between Thrawn and Ackbar yet Ackbar spent his time under house arrest), the New Jedi Order (kind of a mess but at least the series showed ambition and a willingness to try new things unlike Disney) and then finished and stopped with the Legacy of the Force

As someone who just doesn't get Boba Fett I was honestly nauseated by Traviss going on for hundreds of pages in book after book about Fett and the Mandalorians for the simple reason Fett is hugely popular and it doesn't matter that this fandom obsession had nothing to do with the Legacy of the Force story line.  I remember at the time I was not the only one to feel this way, and internet forums called Traviss's books "MandoWank"

P.S.: I might be wrong, but I feel like my post on another thread here in the Lounge about Boba Fett being my favorite character might have triggered your desire to express your dislike of him, which is why I felt the need to respond to you here. Although it might not be the case. Anyway, have a good day, sir!

Your honest post deserves an honest reply, so yes, your post in the other thread hit a nerve I have about Boba Fett.  No offense was meant and I do enjoy reading the star wars discussions here unrelated to the game itself. 

You are absolutely right, it is a matter of taste.  I like old motorcycles, classic rock n roll and studying a few select topics of history, and many people find these interests stupid. 

have a good day, sir!
You as well.   :)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 12:07:02 AM by the_trots »

April 06, 2017, 12:44:02 AMReply #9

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2017, 12:44:02 AM »
I'm laughing so hard, MandoWank that is literally the best description for her books. I really want to go back and read them again since I enjoyed them at the time, but I feel like my memory of them will be ruined.
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

April 06, 2017, 01:49:54 AMReply #10

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2017, 01:49:54 AM »
I'm laughing so hard, MandoWank that is literally the best description for her books. I really want to go back and read them again since I enjoyed them at the time, but I feel like my memory of them will be ruined.

While I agree that in the Legacy of the Force series Traviss went overboard on Mando stuff, you can basically say the same thing about many novels that go overboard on Jedi/Sith/Force stuff.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

April 06, 2017, 02:13:16 AMReply #11

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2017, 02:13:16 AM »
While I agree that in the Legacy of the Force series Traviss went overboard on Mando stuff, you can basically say the same thing about many novels that go overboard on Jedi/Sith/Force stuff.
Yeah, I agree with you the Force stuff is always overboard. I liked the stuff she wrote with the Commando books, because it was primarily about the Clones and it never really focused on the force if I recall. I do like the Mando stuff inside of those books, and I really don't remember the legacy of the force. However there is a point where you write way too much about one topic and it kinda just dries up the interest of it

April 06, 2017, 12:10:31 PMReply #12

Offline thdhted

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Elite Stormtrooper, AKA: better cannon fodder.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2017, 12:10:31 PM »
For me, it's gotta be Darth Maul. Spends his entire existence playing second fiddle to a far greater threat(Dooku in Clone Wars, Vader in Rebels), and yet he kept coming back; as if he did something more relevant than kill Qui-Gon, and deserves recognition for it. The worst part is that he has no real backstory, or at least one that's compelling. Essentially, he just really dislikes the Jedi because he was Sideous' apprentice, and had two brothers.
 Dooku, by comparison, is far more interesting(And was Played/Voiced by an amazing actor), having an actual backstory(He initially became interested in the Dark Side because of a friend who dared him to steal a Sith Holicron, and was Master to Qui-Gon), and having an actual character. Darth Maul just feels..... empty in comparison.
"When in war, men must die, they can't be managed to their deaths, they must be led."

April 06, 2017, 04:48:56 PMReply #13

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2017, 04:48:56 PM »
For me, it's gotta be Darth Maul. Spends his entire existence playing second fiddle to a far greater threat(Dooku in Clone Wars, Vader in Rebels), and yet he kept coming back; as if he did something more relevant than kill Qui-Gon, and deserves recognition for it. The worst part is that he has no real backstory, or at least one that's compelling. Essentially, he just really dislikes the Jedi because he was Sideous' apprentice, and had two brothers.
 Dooku, by comparison, is far more interesting(And was Played/Voiced by an amazing actor), having an actual backstory(He initially became interested in the Dark Side because of a friend who dared him to steal a Sith Holicron, and was Master to Qui-Gon), and having an actual character. Darth Maul just feels..... empty in comparison.

I've been saying this for years. I can't understand how Darth Maul got such a following over Dooku in the fandom.
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

April 08, 2017, 06:55:46 PMReply #14

Offline briG

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2017, 06:55:46 PM »
I've been saying this for years. I can't understand how Darth Maul got such a following over Dooku in the fandom.

Because he had a saberstaff. Saberstaffs are cool.   8=)

What, you expected a more elaborate reason?

I don't think I could pick out a character I don't like for story reasons. I'll agree that I don't like Borsk just on account of him being a self-serving politician with no redeeming qualities about him, but it really is the whole point of the character. It would probably be Padme. Just because most scenes involving her were cheesy. Can I hate the Ewoks as a whole? They were absolutely the biggest asspull in the entire series from 1-6.

April 15, 2017, 03:58:20 PMReply #15

Offline CaptainPogo

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +3/-0
  • Won't be running into traps today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2017, 03:58:20 PM »
Isard gets my vote. She had a major advantage...Yet is so incompetent that the Empire never truly recovered from it until Dark Empire.

Though Borsk is close. He's basically a major reason I dislike the NR and I keep wondering why the Hell the higher ups keep him around. I'd rather shove this ambitious jackass out the airlock the moment he tries pulling a scumbag move behind my back if I was a captain in a ship and he's on it.

And Nil Spaar? ...He and his race of xenophobes that will gladly commit acts of genocide pretty much became the one race I won't miss when the Yuuzhan Vong crushed them....Hell, I wouldn't even mind if the Empire wiped them out.

February 19, 2018, 05:04:16 PMReply #16

Offline True Light Guy

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Discord: True Light Guy #9733
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2018, 05:04:16 PM »
Personally I hate Jar Jar Binx. He is annoying and had no real purpose. And I know that he is a dark lord but we never saw him truely as one.

What's your least favorite character.
spoiler alert.
He dies in canon on naboo as a clown entertaining orphans and is widly blamed directly for papa palpatine's rise to power.

Definetly Maul in cannon, Starkiller in legends. Worse characters ever created for a Star Wars franchise. Hell Jar Jar was a better character since he was used as a good plot device because he enabled palps to gain emergency powers.

I agree with you in both, especially maul. Not only did they kill him off super quickly, they bring him back in the animated cartoons in some weird obsession with Obiwan
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 12:13:54 PM by Slornie »

March 23, 2018, 02:31:15 PMReply #17

Offline btemple1230

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2018, 02:31:15 PM »
It seems like Isard is the most disastrously incompetent.  She hid a super star destroyer on the surface of Coruscant and when she finally does use it, she sets herself up as a dictator on Thyferra.  The whole Krytos plan was not enough benefit for what she payed for it. 

March 25, 2018, 10:24:08 AMReply #18

Offline XxNovaStarxX

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +0/-1
  • The Pentastar Allignment has Cookies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2018, 10:24:08 AM »
Canon: I would say Snoke, or Rose, not because I don't like their characters, because they just don't serve any purpose in the story.

EU: Don't really have any least favorites.

"The New Republic is still
merely the Rebellion, thinly
 disguised as an official
entity. They are outlaws
, and they will continue to
 think and do as such.
In the Pentastar Alignment,
there will be no tolerance
 for any Rebel insurrection."
    ―Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!