Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Assault Concussion Missile discussion  (Read 6302 times)

March 30, 2017, 10:02:14 PMReply #20

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Re: Assault Concussion Missile discussion
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2017, 10:02:14 PM »
Assault concs are probably something we'll try to do in the testing phase, especially once we get to doing abilities (since I've had an idea which may work for them to mitigate the possible frustration factor without making them be weak enough to have a lower cooldown) but it's entirely possible they wouldn't make it to the full release for the reasons I've mentioned before. That being said, keep it civil; there's no reason to jump down anyone's throat. People can make whatever suggestions they want too, Helix; that was just a hypothetical Hobbes was stating. If there's an issue where amount of work would stop something being feasible, that would possibly stop us from doing it but it shouldn't be a reason not to bring it up. The only suggestion people aren't allowed to make is an EotH SSD because at this point I may just have an aneurysm.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 10:06:02 PM by Corey »
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

March 31, 2017, 08:31:50 AMReply #21

Offline HobbesHurlbut

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +5/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2017, 08:31:50 AM »
The only suggestion people aren't allowed to make is an EotH SSD because at this point I may just have an aneurysm.
And the EotH roster isn't satisfying for them, with many of the non captial ships having capital shields?  :o
They probably want a "command" ship. But I know EotH is rational enough to decide that trying to build a SSD is like putting all of your eggs into one basket (or one hell of a resource sink).

March 31, 2017, 11:57:23 AMReply #22

Offline Helix345

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2017, 11:57:23 AM »
I think its because thrawn specifically said he hates them, so people want them more.

March 31, 2017, 02:08:55 PMReply #23

Offline briG

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2017, 02:08:55 PM »
IIRC Thrawn said he didn't like giant superweapons to inspire fear as advocated by the Tarkin Doctrine.  He thought the credits sunk into the Death Stars would have been much better used to build lots of SSDs and bolster the Imperial Fleet.

March 31, 2017, 02:47:15 PMReply #24

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2017, 02:47:15 PM »
IIRC Thrawn said he didn't like giant superweapons to inspire fear as advocated by the Tarkin Doctrine.  He thought the credits sunk into the Death Stars would have been much better used to build lots of SSDs and bolster the Imperial Fleet.

He also felt SSDs were a waste of credits and resources.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!