Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: 2.2 Demo Feedback  (Read 35151 times)

May 12, 2017, 09:33:14 AMReply #60

Offline DarthRevansRevenge

• Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-3
  • Your empire is doomed. Revan has returned
    • View Profile
Re: 2.2 Demo Feedback
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2017, 09:33:14 AM »
are you using the unmodified lasers? because that could be why
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

May 12, 2017, 12:43:48 PMReply #61

Offline GreyStar

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +11/-4
  • The Rival Defender
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2017, 12:43:48 PM »
Didn't modify the turbolasers, set the difficulty to Admiral.

May 12, 2017, 02:44:51 PMReply #62

Offline HobbesHurlbut

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +5/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2017, 02:44:51 PM »
Didn't modify the turbolasers, set the difficulty to Admiral.
So you didn't correct the error in the NR turbolaser data that halved their firepower compared to the imperial factions?

May 12, 2017, 03:19:59 PMReply #63

Offline GreyStar

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +11/-4
  • The Rival Defender
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2017, 03:19:59 PM »
I didn't.

May 22, 2017, 09:37:17 PMReply #64

Offline Avarice1987

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2017, 09:37:17 PM »
Can we see red lasers from the Lusankya and other Ex Imperial Ships now in NR Service?

May 23, 2017, 12:20:46 AMReply #65

Offline MaxL_1023

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2017, 12:20:46 AM »
I notice that the Allegiance has a lot of trouble actually attacking anything on its own - it has an annoying habit of circling backwards, only attacking broadside, or just not moving when I give it an attach order. It seems to be able to fire everything forward - shouldn't it act like a VSD and just point and shoot?

May 23, 2017, 01:22:32 AMReply #66

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2017, 01:22:32 AM »
It should, but EaW doesn't handle patching and targeting very well. The bigger the ship, the bigger the problem.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

May 23, 2017, 12:57:39 PMReply #67

Offline MaxL_1023

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2017, 12:57:39 PM »
No wonder VSD-size ships seem so powerful - they are probably the largest vessels which can actually get all their guns in action. Also, how does the Procurasator (I probably spell that wrong - the "heavy victory") compare to the VSD-I? It seems underwhelming at first glance, although that might just be due to the insane ship to ship damage potential the VSD has.

May 23, 2017, 01:01:39 PMReply #68

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2017, 01:01:39 PM »
I notice that the Allegiance has a lot of trouble actually attacking anything on its own - it has an annoying habit of circling backwards, only attacking broadside, or just not moving when I give it an attach order. It seems to be able to fire everything forward - shouldn't it act like a VSD and just point and shoot?

Simple solution I find is NOT to target, just click nearby and the ship auto fires at enemies anyway usually focusing on a certain hardpoint and moving along.
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

May 24, 2017, 11:05:18 AMReply #69

Offline Helix345

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2017, 11:05:18 AM »
I think the procursator might actually out damage the vsd

May 24, 2017, 09:23:45 PMReply #70

Offline MaxL_1023

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2017, 09:23:45 PM »
If it does, the missiles and 2 squadrons make the VSD I seem much more effective. The Procurasator has no ability to engage strike craft at all - the missiles actually do pretty well, especially against bombers.

May 24, 2017, 09:34:51 PMReply #71

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2017, 09:34:51 PM »
If it does, the missiles and 2 squadrons make the VSD I seem much more effective. The Procurasator has no ability to engage strike craft at all - the missiles actually do pretty well, especially against bombers.

Yes.  Procursator will take out a heavy frigate faster than a VSD, but the VSD is a FAR more balanced ship that has no major glaring weakness.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

May 24, 2017, 09:35:50 PMReply #72

Offline Bucman55

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-0
  • Come on, boss, when have I ever let you down?
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2017, 09:35:50 PM »
True, though I feel the Procursator is better in direct ship-to-ship combat. That thing is fast for its size.

May 25, 2017, 10:26:51 AMReply #73

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 25, 2017, 10:26:51 AM »
True, though I feel the Procursator is better in direct ship-to-ship combat. That thing is fast for its size.

I prefer my VSDs
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

May 25, 2017, 01:00:56 PMReply #74

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 25, 2017, 01:00:56 PM »
Of course the utility of VSD missiles against fighters may or may not continue depending on what we may or may not do with them in future.
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

May 25, 2017, 01:38:27 PMReply #75

Offline Helix345

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 25, 2017, 01:38:27 PM »
I like the procursator more because it's different, and since the maldrood gets it and IPVs I don't feel particularly threatened by fighter groups as they are usually controlled by the ai and half are somewhere completely unreasonable.

May 25, 2017, 10:42:13 PMReply #76

Offline MaxL_1023

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 25, 2017, 10:42:13 PM »
For the Zinsj Campaign (as Zinsj)  I think the Iron Fist you start with should be the ISD-II version, with an option to build one SSD at Dathomir representing the Iron Fist being repaired after that whole second death shenanigan.

I think that getting to start with an Executor makes the Campaign a bit unbalanced - the AI has nothing which can stop it especially considering the support ships you have already. The Maldrood can't get anything that powerful, and Bellators take quite awhile to get to (since you have to take Kuat or Fondor which are both usually heavily defended). The NR can counter the SSD with fighters, but I don't think its enough to make up for it.

May 26, 2017, 01:20:21 AMReply #77

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +18/-6
  • Professional Shut in, Steam Name: Mr.puertorican
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 26, 2017, 01:20:21 AM »
For the Zinsj Campaign (as Zinsj)  I think the Iron Fist you start with should be the ISD-II version, with an option to build one SSD at Dathomir representing the Iron Fist being repaired after that whole second death shenanigan.

I think that getting to start with an Executor makes the Campaign a bit unbalanced - the AI has nothing which can stop it especially considering the support ships you have already. The Maldrood can't get anything that powerful, and Bellators take quite awhile to get to (since you have to take Kuat or Fondor which are both usually heavily defended). The NR can counter the SSD with fighters, but I don't think its enough to make up for it.

I think in the first couple of minutes of Corey's Greater Maldrood playthrough he killed the Iron Fist pretty easily. Its quite a simple task to do, you don't need a Bellator to take it out.
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

May 26, 2017, 06:30:02 AMReply #78

Offline zealot4160

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 26, 2017, 06:30:02 AM »
1. I really like the ssd nerf, especially the engine hardpoints, it is going to make kiting them much riskier.

2. I really like a lot of the new GM ships. The Bellator is my new favorite SSD (is it GM exclusive or does the IR get it at some point?). I hated the Allegiance at first and found its shields really weak, but with a dedicated IPV screen they are very potent ship killers. However, their carriers seem rather lackluster and the Secutor seems pretty bad (and more importantly, ugly).

3. The gladiator might be too good of a garrison when you can suicide them to spam Skiprays.

4. The ground starfighters seemed bugged. Ground units don't attack them unless specifically ordered by the player. The AA turrets seem to ignore them.

5. Is the NR mission just a demonstration of the mechanic? It seems rather pointless when you can do it right at the beginning and there is virtually no chance of failure. I think it would be neat if other factions had a way to disrupt it.

6. I really like the breakaway factions mechanic, in this scenario it sort of punishes the NR for dealing with its main threat, but it does seem to retake all IR territory but Carida fairly quickly.

7. I liked ground-to-space cannons a lot better when only I used them.

8. I like that the AI is a lot less suicidally aggressive, even if it does make for much more difficult fights.

May 26, 2017, 10:56:01 AMReply #79

Offline Bucman55

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-0
  • Come on, boss, when have I ever let you down?
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 26, 2017, 10:56:01 AM »
2. I really like a lot of the new GM ships. The Bellator is my new favorite SSD (is it GM exclusive or does the IR get it at some point?). I hated the Allegiance at first and found its shields really weak, but with a dedicated IPV screen they are very potent ship killers. However, their carriers seem rather lackluster and the Secutor seems pretty bad (and more importantly, ugly).

As far as I know, the Bellator is exclusive to the Pentastar Alignment and the Greater Maldrood.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!