Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: 2.2 Demo Feedback  (Read 35341 times)

April 30, 2017, 07:03:31 PMReply #40

Offline Helix345

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-3
    • View Profile
Re: 2.2 Demo Feedback
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2017, 07:03:31 PM »
as to the battle dragons, they probably seem weak because they have a good amount of ion cannons, which can't hurt hulls. Instead of using them by themselves, use them to strip shielding and then use something else to do the actual killing.

April 30, 2017, 09:19:38 PMReply #41

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2017, 09:19:38 PM »
1. The lack of heroes for the Greater Maldrood, Especially land heroes, the lack of heroes made it very bland at times but that's a minor complaint.

http://thrawnsrevenge.com/forums/index.php?topic=6184.0

3. The Hapan Battledragons seem very weak for some reason and I think they should be buffed and moved up to capital ships rather than frigates.

Capital ships are more delineated by size than anything, and Battle Dragons are only 500 meters. The smallest capital ships in the mod currently are 1200 meters.

4. This is just a minor one but why can't the Maldrood have the Venator as a frigate/carrier? They have Arquitens and ARCS already. So it could make sense for them to have it in their roster as a patrol ship for some of their outer territories

Because we need some variety in the rosters for all the Imperial factions. If we give Maldrood the Venator, we'd be removing it from someone else who has it, and that would give Maldrood too many carriers, so we'd have to remove another one. There's no reason to give it to Maldrood over any other faction.

I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

April 30, 2017, 10:16:25 PMReply #42

Offline DarthRevansRevenge

• Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-3
  • Your empire is doomed. Revan has returned
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2017, 10:16:25 PM »

Because we need some variety in the rosters for all the Imperial factions. If we give Maldrood the Venator, we'd be removing it from someone else who has it, and that would give Maldrood too many carriers, so we'd have to remove another one. There's no reason to give it to Maldrood over any other faction.

Personally, because of the faction, I'd rather see them have the Venator SD then the larger Secutor SD, since they are more frigate-focused

however, that would make them like PA, so i really don't know.

my honest opinion? less capital ships and more frigates for the GM, More outer rim/older tech for PA(accomplished), experimental for Zsinj(accomplished), and advanced for EA(accomplished)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 10:19:41 PM by DarthRevansRevenge »
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

April 30, 2017, 10:58:28 PMReply #43

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +18/-6
  • Professional Shut in, Steam Name: Mr.puertorican
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2017, 10:58:28 PM »
I'd say GM is more of a capital support navy if anything. The frigates used in their navy are there to support the battle-cruisers and ultimately the bellator.
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

May 01, 2017, 12:21:12 AMReply #44

Offline the_trots

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2017, 12:21:12 AM »

3. The Allegiance is a very powerful ship and it's a very powerful asset although it's range should match more of the Praetor's than just an ISD (in my opinion)

Is the Praetor's range going to be reduced?

May 02, 2017, 10:41:34 PMReply #45

Offline briG

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2017, 10:41:34 PM »
I'd prefer the Praetor to keep it's range. It is the only thing that makes defending not absolutely cut and dry. When the Praetors come into range and start tearing down my Golans, to keep them intact I have to risk moving ships away from them towards the enemy to draw fire and eliminate anti-fighter threats before coming down on it with bombers. Ground based weaponry is also already quite a bit of a problem for them since Ion Cannon strips their shields outright and I'd imagine the HV can cripple one with repeated shots.

May 03, 2017, 09:12:05 AMReply #46

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2017, 09:12:05 AM »
If I am not mistaken, a praetor can survive 3-4 shots from one of those bad boys(HVG) which is more than enough time for it to get in range.
Also since the hardpoint destruction is quite random, if the shield is still one of the intact you can still be in trouble.
About the range, they were OP, so had to be nerfed a little bit to get in line with the other ships.
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

May 03, 2017, 09:52:24 AMReply #47

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2017, 09:52:24 AM »
The Praetor's range was in order to compensate for the tendency to spin, but it was just too much. This doesn't mean there won't be longer-range siege ships, but having the ship with basically the best attack and defense stats be that ship doesn't make much sense.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

May 03, 2017, 09:21:24 PMReply #48

Offline RevanTheFireMage

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +2/-0
  • "Rule through Fear of Aggression"
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2017, 09:21:24 PM »
Okay the Praetor's range makes sense but also some other thoughts I have for the GM and also Zsinj's  empire as well
1.  The IPV seems to be far superior to the CR-90, range and firepower wise, I don't know if it was intentional or not but if it wasn't then that is something that could be worked on
2.  Why does the standard Victory Star destroyer for the GM get ARCS instead of the Crimson Command version? This has bothered me because I want to use the unit so bad but their isn't very good fighter coverage for the cost and the Scimitar assault bomber doesn't even come close to the ARC but I mean the weaker fighters could balance the greater firepower of the Crimson Victory Star Destroyer (Discuss as you will)
3. The Secutor seems like a great asset for a very large price and very little firepower, the fighter support is great but with the lack of firepower I don't know if it should take up 7 population space, maybe about six would be better, otherwise the cost and fighters are great.
4. The Arquitens in this mod is great! And that may be a problem (maybe I don't know yet). The shields and armor on the Arquitens are fan-fricking-tastic (pardon my french) but I find that means it isn't very balanced. I would put an Arquitens right beside an Allegiance and it would take a while for it to die because of how good it's shields are.
5. The Rancor units are way, way, WAY, too overpowered, but that's a good thing in my opinion, I mean they are Rancor's after all. To make them a tiny bit more balanced I think they should cost slightly more and take a little longer to build and also they require a special building on Dathomir (That's my personal opinion though)
6. Reinforcement units for the GM are great, which makes sense since they are a frigate/cruiser based faction. But for Zsinj's empire and the New Republic they are very inadequate for defending stations and the unit rooster for these two factions needs to change.
7. New Republic AI needs to be reworked to not build all MC80-Home One types, The Independence cruisers are good, but it's boring if that's all the NR attacks you with. And their cost is not worth it because the ship deploys great fighters and has great shielding but the firepower is severely lacking, and that matches the legends continuity but it just isn't very powerful and the credit cost should be lowered by a little bit. Or just buff up the ship a little more so that it can be more of a proper capital ship
8. The Bellator is a good replacement for the Executor but something that I found is that, for me at least, the shields drop at a very rapid rate, and I don't know if that is a trade off for the waves of turbolasers.
9. The Providence is kind of a carrier for the GM, which is fine, it deploys good fighters and has good defense weapons. My problem however is the Zsinj equivalent of a carrier at that pop cap, the Quasar is a good carrier and makes sense for the fighter compliment, But it should be a pop cap of two because look at the Gladiator, it has a pop cap of two and it's got good fire power with turbolasers and proton torpedo launchers. As well as having two skipray blast boats with it. Drop the quasar down a pop cap and it'll be good all around.
10. There is a glitch where in battle at least when I hover over the Providence there appears to be a random hardpoint in the top left corner of my screen floating in space.
11. Could the Greater Maldrood have the Republic V-wing as it's space superiority fighter, where the ARC is the superiority bomber? Just a thought.
12. The Maldrood should be able to build Munificent's, they were the mainstay of the CIS fleet and the Rebellion and several pirate elements had some in their space forces, and if the GM can get Providence's I would assume they could get Munificent's as well.
13. This is a unit that should be added in my opinion for any faction, add the Gozanti Cruiser, it's a good light anti fighter frigate that could also carry a small number of TIE fighters, this would be perfect for the GM as they are a smaller ship based fleet.

Well these are my opinions on the mod, and they may be picky and critical but at the end of the day it is always the mod author's/team's/corey's choice on what goes in the mod and what doesn't. And either way no matter what happens with 2.2 I'm sure I will love it.
I still have more thoughts and ideas but I have some more tinkering around I have to do before I make another post. Also if the team ever needs a voice actor or two then I'm always available and on standby (not expecting a call any time soon though). So good day to all and keep up the good work with the mod!
"History is on the move, and those who cannot keep up, will be left behind"
"Fire Torpon Portedoes!"

May 03, 2017, 10:36:30 PMReply #49

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2017, 10:36:30 PM »
Okay the Praetor's range makes sense but also some other thoughts I have for the GM and also Zsinj's  empire as well
1.  The IPV seems to be far superior to the CR-90, range and firepower wise, I don't know if it was intentional or not but if it wasn't then that is something that could be worked on
2.  Why does the standard Victory Star destroyer for the GM get ARCS instead of the Crimson Command version? This has bothered me because I want to use the unit so bad but their isn't very good fighter coverage for the cost and the Scimitar assault bomber doesn't even come close to the ARC but I mean the weaker fighters could balance the greater firepower of the Crimson Victory Star Destroyer (Discuss as you will)
3. The Secutor seems like a great asset for a very large price and very little firepower, the fighter support is great but with the lack of firepower I don't know if it should take up 7 population space, maybe about six would be better, otherwise the cost and fighters are great.
4. The Arquitens in this mod is great! And that may be a problem (maybe I don't know yet). The shields and armor on the Arquitens are fan-fricking-tastic (pardon my french) but I find that means it isn't very balanced. I would put an Arquitens right beside an Allegiance and it would take a while for it to die because of how good it's shields are.
5. The Rancor units are way, way, WAY, too overpowered, but that's a good thing in my opinion, I mean they are Rancor's after all. To make them a tiny bit more balanced I think they should cost slightly more and take a little longer to build and also they require a special building on Dathomir (That's my personal opinion though)
6. Reinforcement units for the GM are great, which makes sense since they are a frigate/cruiser based faction. But for Zsinj's empire and the New Republic they are very inadequate for defending stations and the unit rooster for these two factions needs to change.
7. New Republic AI needs to be reworked to not build all MC80-Home One types, The Independence cruisers are good, but it's boring if that's all the NR attacks you with. And their cost is not worth it because the ship deploys great fighters and has great shielding but the firepower is severely lacking, and that matches the legends continuity but it just isn't very powerful and the credit cost should be lowered by a little bit. Or just buff up the ship a little more so that it can be more of a proper capital ship
8. The Bellator is a good replacement for the Executor but something that I found is that, for me at least, the shields drop at a very rapid rate, and I don't know if that is a trade off for the waves of turbolasers.
9. The Providence is kind of a carrier for the GM, which is fine, it deploys good fighters and has good defense weapons. My problem however is the Zsinj equivalent of a carrier at that pop cap, the Quasar is a good carrier and makes sense for the fighter compliment, But it should be a pop cap of two because look at the Gladiator, it has a pop cap of two and it's got good fire power with turbolasers and proton torpedo launchers. As well as having two skipray blast boats with it. Drop the quasar down a pop cap and it'll be good all around.
10. There is a glitch where in battle at least when I hover over the Providence there appears to be a random hardpoint in the top left corner of my screen floating in space.
11. Could the Greater Maldrood have the Republic V-wing as it's space superiority fighter, where the ARC is the superiority bomber? Just a thought.
12. The Maldrood should be able to build Munificent's, they were the mainstay of the CIS fleet and the Rebellion and several pirate elements had some in their space forces, and if the GM can get Providence's I would assume they could get Munificent's as well.
13. This is a unit that should be added in my opinion for any faction, add the Gozanti Cruiser, it's a good light anti fighter frigate that could also carry a small number of TIE fighters, this would be perfect for the GM as they are a smaller ship based fleet.

Well these are my opinions on the mod, and they may be picky and critical but at the end of the day it is always the mod author's/team's/corey's choice on what goes in the mod and what doesn't. And either way no matter what happens with 2.2 I'm sure I will love it.
I still have more thoughts and ideas but I have some more tinkering around I have to do before I make another post. Also if the team ever needs a voice actor or two then I'm always available and on standby (not expecting a call any time soon though). So good day to all and keep up the good work with the mod!

so, this is a lot, but i'll give you my opinion
1. the anti-fighter ships should be more balanced, as it is annoying how the IPV shreks everything
2. Balance is probably why, but also the CCVSD is limited build, so if  ARCs were on it, and you ran out, then your stuck with building them, which no one builds fighters(besides defenders)
3. i feel the same with this and Endurance, but secutor is closer to heavy firepower than endurance, and its massive fighter count makes it 7 pop
4. didn't know this, but that might have been because the allegiance wasn't focusing it, though the shields might want to get nerfed
5. i think they should too
6. Spawns depend on station, faction, era, and tech, so it might be they are in a bad era
7. this already has been acomplished, look at the PA let's play of the mod at Corey Loses youtube channel, he came across the same thing and already fixed it
8. you might be jumping the Bellator in right on top of enemies, which is not good for any unit, but also the bellator is a weaker ship, so it won't last against a executor one-on-one, and fighters are REALLY powerful against Battlecruisers/Star-Dreadnoughts
9. yes, the quaser should be a 2 pop unit, this has been discussed already, but if it is implemented, i don't know
10. hum, that's quite a glitch
11. probably not. the V-wings were phased out first, as(i'm pretty sure) they had no hyperdrive, so they relied on Carriers, and the Ties replaced them, while the empire didn't get a hyperspace bomber for years
12. no, this is already a PA unit. if the Maldrood gets it, what will they lose,a and what will the munificent be replaced by in the PA ranks
13. they already have the IPV, so i don't see this unit being added, because the TR team doesn't already have a Gozant model, and they won't make one unless absolutely necessary.

hope these are helpful
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

May 03, 2017, 10:45:18 PMReply #50

Offline Helix345

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2017, 10:45:18 PM »
just to let you know about number 7, the red turbolasers do half the damage of the green turbolasers. This has been fixed, just not in the demo. it makes it so pretty much all of the rebel's ships are severely less powerful than normal.

May 03, 2017, 11:04:28 PMReply #51

Offline RevanTheFireMage

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2017, 11:04:28 PM »
so, this is a lot, but i'll give you my opinion
1. the anti-fighter ships should be more balanced, as it is annoying how the IPV shreks everything
2. Balance is probably why, but also the CCVSD is limited build, so if  ARCs were on it, and you ran out, then your stuck with building them, which no one builds fighters(besides defenders)
3. i feel the same with this and Endurance, but secutor is closer to heavy firepower than endurance, and its massive fighter count makes it 7 pop
4. didn't know this, but that might have been because the allegiance wasn't focusing it, though the shields might want to get nerfed
5. i think they should too
6. Spawns depend on station, faction, era, and tech, so it might be they are in a bad era
7. this already has been acomplished, look at the PA let's play of the mod at Corey Loses youtube channel, he came across the same thing and already fixed it
8. you might be jumping the Bellator in right on top of enemies, which is not good for any unit, but also the bellator is a weaker ship, so it won't last against a executor one-on-one, and fighters are REALLY powerful against Battlecruisers/Star-Dreadnoughts
9. yes, the quaser should be a 2 pop unit, this has been discussed already, but if it is implemented, i don't know
10. hum, that's quite a glitch
11. probably not. the V-wings were phased out first, as(i'm pretty sure) they had no hyperdrive, so they relied on Carriers, and the Ties replaced them, while the empire didn't get a hyperspace bomber for years
12. no, this is already a PA unit. if the Maldrood gets it, what will they lose,a and what will the munificent be replaced by in the PA ranks
13. they already have the IPV, so i don't see this unit being added, because the TR team doesn't already have a Gozant model, and they won't make one unless absolutely necessary.

hope these are helpful
Okay fair points and the PA should keep the Munificent I agree so why don't they instead get the Recusant class light destroyer, or maybe even the Bulwark class capital ship?  They could be very good fleet carriers/support vehicles. Also I feel like the  Secutor is very underpowered for its size, maybe add a couple more turbo lasers or ion  cannons and it would be  worth the cost and pop cap.  And the Crimson command could use either the over shield button or all power to weapons button to make up for its higher cost with inferior fighters. And also, where are all the Victory II's at? In both the GM and ZE they only had the Victory I. Which makes sense as it saw more use than the later model but still I think ZE should have the Victory II at least
"Fire Torpon Portedoes!"

May 03, 2017, 11:21:14 PMReply #52

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2017, 11:21:14 PM »

The IPV firing rate is far higher than it's meant to be, especially with PTW.

The ARC is currently much stronger than it should be (partially a function of them having weapons with front and back firing arcs).

To the first point, the AI in EaW is incredibly finnicky. We're doing what we can to make them build more diverse fleets, but they're always going to have certain preferences and overproduce some stuff, even if that thing doesn't make the most sense for overproduction. With the NR in particular, for the second point, as others have mentioned, their units are currently erroneously about half as powerful as they should be.

There are a few factors for this. One, if you're just jumping them in, there's a significant damage modifier in the first few seconds against all ships, although people only tend to notice on SSDs. Secondly, the SSDs are especially vulnerable to bombers, which can shred their shields pretty quickly. Thirdly, in an effort to make SSDs less of an "I built this and now I never have to worry about anything else ever again" situation, we also shifted a lot of their health away from shields into hull. For more ships, it's closer to 50/50 hull/shields. On SSDs, it's closer to 75/25. This way, they keep the same total health but you get to the point where they start losing their firepower a bit sooner, rather than taking equivalent damage to the entire enemy fleet and still having 100% of their firepower left.

A lot of pop cap values are changing significantly. We have to squish too much of a range in too few values as it is.

This is being fixed as we update all of the Providence's art.

We really don't need to throw more Clone Wars stuff at the Warlords.

Being a mainstay of the CIs or Rebel fleets don't really have a bearing on the Greater Maldrood. This area is closer to the creators of the Providence than the creators of the Munificent, and we don't wanna oversaturate the unit lists with Clone Wars tech, so if it's one or the other, Providence is better for the faction.

For the Warlords, there are plenty of directly Imperial-affiliated anti-fighter ships we can use, so there's no reason to go to something that was primarily pirate for them, especially when we already have the Crusader for that for Maldrood's connections to pirates.

Okay fair points and the PA should keep the Munificent I agree so why don't they instead get the Recusant class light destroyer, or maybe even the Bulwark class capital ship?  They could be very good fleet carriers/support vehicles.

Plenty of Imperial hardware to use (these are Imperial factions, not pirate factions), and ICW isn't a Clone Wars mod- no need to use more Clone Wars ship in areas where it's already a stretch to use the ones we're using, and their rosters aren't exactly lacking in those areas.

And also, where are all the Victory II's at? In both the GM and ZE they only had the Victory I. Which makes sense as it saw more use than the later model but still I think ZE should have the Victory II at least

Imperial factions are either being given the Procursator, or the Victory II, since they're filling the same space and there are 7 different Imperial factions to spread them out between.

May 04, 2017, 06:27:55 PMReply #53

Offline RevanTheFireMage

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2017, 06:27:55 PM »
Also another quick question, (sorry if I'm pestering you I just enjoy this mod a lot)
Will there be a sign up post or form for people wanting to do voice work for the new update? Or does the mod team have enough voice actors as it is.
and will the Dushkan League have more units to choose from in this newer update
Thanks and have a nice day!!
"Fire Torpon Portedoes!"

May 04, 2017, 06:30:11 PMReply #54

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2017, 06:30:11 PM »
Once we have enough of the lines written, we'll be doing a post requesting voice actor submissions, and the Duskhan League has been expanded in several ways.

May 05, 2017, 12:35:13 PMReply #55

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2017, 12:35:13 PM »
I'll have some prototype scripts this weekend. Pending their approval I can produce scripts en masse.
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

May 05, 2017, 01:45:14 PMReply #56

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2017, 01:45:14 PM »
Xizer, you might as well be the official voice-over/unit line person on the team

May 10, 2017, 11:25:14 PMReply #57

Offline RevanTheFireMage

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2017, 11:25:14 PM »
And also can Thrawn's death line when he dies in fleet combat be "But it was so artistically done"
"Fire Torpon Portedoes!"

May 11, 2017, 12:46:36 AMReply #58

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2017, 12:46:36 AM »
Xizer, you might as well be the official voice-over/unit line person on the team

lol well official or unofficial I am kinda the voice of around 30 something units/heroes in game or recruited their voices. No need to get greedy. Just happy to help the mod in any way.
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

May 12, 2017, 09:19:01 AMReply #59

Offline GreyStar

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +11/-4
  • The Rival Defender
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2017, 09:19:01 AM »
Well. A fleet of 6 DP20s, 5 AFs, 2 MC40as, 3 Neb-Bs, 2 MC80Bs, and Ackbar against 7 Secutors, 2 Providences, and an Alligence worked out well. Though the DP20's preformance against TIEs was, passable, their damage against the bloody V-19s, ARCs, and Skiprays were amazing. Only lost like 12 DP20s, 2 AFs, 3 MC40as, and 3 Neb-Bs over the course of the battle.

Not seeing a need for changing the AF, DP20 could use a slight firepower increase.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 09:22:25 AM by GreyStar »

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!