Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: [2.2 Feedback] Auto-Resolve Weight of Allegiance Battlecruisers, Zsinj Faction  (Read 1637 times)

March 15, 2017, 04:25:33 PM

Offline RyCo

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
After looking for a little bit I couldn't find any threads that addressed this subject on the forum. I've been playing around with auto-resolve and found that fleets made up of Allegiance Battlecruisers seemed to dominate basically anything that was thrown at it - including fleets that would most likely tear them to shreds in an actual fight(Plenty of bombers, fighters etc.). This would routinely happen without having any losses. Additionally, I've noticed that this behavior would still happen if the battlecruiser had almost all of its hardpoints destroyed in a battle where I would just auto resolve to get it over with. I haven't had a chance to experiment with the Greater Maldrood's version (I don't know enough about the engine to know if they're set separately), but it seems like they may just be a bit too good in auto resolve.

Has anyone else experienced this in their gameplay?

March 21, 2017, 02:07:50 PMReply #1

Offline badaeu

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-1
    • View Profile
I have the same impression.
Generaly speaking, I think autoresolve has a funny way of dealing with outcomes.

March 22, 2017, 09:41:19 AMReply #2

Offline SentrY

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +0/-2
    • View Profile
Auto Resolve has always worked in the favor of battlecruisers. I think that auto resolve looks at Alliegances as if they are 1/2 or 1/3 an executor and assigns points accordingly. this is why in the base game you could send a fleet of 3 praetors and take out an executor easily. moral of the story is don't auto- resolve against battlecruisers. this is something that Corey and the team to my knowledge can't fix.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!