Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Steam Game Issue  (Read 2197 times)

March 12, 2017, 09:19:28 PM

Offline TheStarLegion

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Steam Game Issue
« on: March 12, 2017, 09:19:28 PM »
I recently purchased EAW gold pack and wanted to play this mod on there. I am using steam and i tried following the guide to install the mod pack.. but i am unable to..when i go through the steam directory stated in the guide, once i get inside the Common folder EAW isnt listed..other games are but not this game. How do i force the creation of this folder? or is there something else I need to do? Any help will be appreciated.. Thank you

March 12, 2017, 10:56:34 PMReply #1

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Game Issue
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 10:56:34 PM »
If you have the game installed, you will have that folder somewhere on your computer. It shouldn't be anywhere but Common unless you've told it to install games elsewhere, but if you go to your Steam client, right click on Empire at War in your library, properties, local files tab, "browse local files" it'll open the folder for you. In that base EaW folder will be the corruption folder.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

March 12, 2017, 11:35:52 PMReply #2

Offline TheStarLegion

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 11:35:52 PM »
Thank you!! I added a mod folder inside of corruption, moved all the extracted files into it and moved the .bat file into the corruption folder when i double click it gave me an error with a string of numbers so im guessing i broke something... do i need more than just the basic 2.1 file? do i need the patch updates? thank you for any help

March 13, 2017, 09:02:44 AMReply #3

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 09:02:44 AM »
Well first, if you're using the Steam version then set it up using launch options. Secondly, follow the instructions in this video to make sure it's all in the right place:

(That's the instruction video for the 2.2 demo, but it's the exact same, the folder will just be called Imperial_Civil_War instead of ICW22Demo).
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!