Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Exploding Galloffree transports  (Read 1032 times)

March 12, 2017, 05:23:32 PM

Offline Legostarwarseu

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Exploding Galloffree transports
« on: March 12, 2017, 05:23:32 PM »
In almost every fleet shot of the Rebel Alliance in the original trilogy and Rogue One we see Galloffree transports (including in pitched fleet battles). They must serve some combat purpose and I'm trying to make a little submod to give Galloffrees some military purpose in space combat.

I want to make a few different buildable variants for use in space battles.

1) one that act as a fleet tender, restoring health to nearby ships. There would be an incentive then to deploy them in fleet battles, have them close to the action and protect them.

2) a bomb ship. I remember reading that sometimes the Alliance basically packed transports with proton torpedoes/explosives and had droids fly them to take out Imperial ships. I plan to use the self destruct feature to do this.

3) possibly one that collects salvage from destroying enemy ships. Is it possible to make salvage collection only occur within a certain radius of the ships with the salvage special power? (Again so it incentivises the player to keep the Galloffree in the action)

4) possibly one that uses the bribe power to simulate a boarding action against Imperial ships

I'm using the 'variant of exising ship' XML to create the basic, buildable Galloffree with the Marauder's text as the base. The trouble I'm having is that it still fires weapons like the Marauder and spawns an A-Wing squadron. How do you stop it doing both of these, as I want the transports to be unarmed.

Thanks if anyone can help!

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!