Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Inability to personally conduct a battle  (Read 2048 times)

March 08, 2017, 01:32:35 PM

CSperry

Inability to personally conduct a battle
« on: March 08, 2017, 01:32:35 PM »
Hello, my concern is that the game works, but when ever I try and personally conduct a battle, it continuously attempts to load, but never does.  Is there a way to fix this?  I'm playing the game through steam, so is that the problem?

Thanks in advance,
Christopher Sperry

March 08, 2017, 01:36:04 PMReply #1

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Re: Inability to personally conduct a battle
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 01:36:04 PM »
It may be a misnamed map. Which planet is it (and is it the 2.2 Demo or 2.1)?
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

March 08, 2017, 01:43:25 PMReply #2

CSperry

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 01:43:25 PM »
its 2.1 demo, and its all the planets and when I play any other faction other than Imperial Remnant, they simply just don't work.  I also had Republic at War auto install on my computer.  Is that the issue? If so how would I fix this?

March 08, 2017, 01:55:32 PMReply #3

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 01:55:32 PM »
Let's try again
2.1 or the 2.2 demo?
And RaW is a serious problem. It changes the AI which basically makes every other mod be uncompatible with it.
You need to uninstall it, and find any remaining AI scripts and delete them all manually, or no mod (or even the base game) will ever work properly.
That's why a friend of mine calls that mod the cancer of EaW mods.
He couldn't play anything for almost a year and never knew what the problem was until I enlightened him.
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

March 08, 2017, 02:10:06 PMReply #4

CSperry

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 02:10:06 PM »
Can I completely uninstall, and then reinstall the game?

March 08, 2017, 02:19:19 PMReply #5

CSperry

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2017, 02:19:19 PM »
Can one of you post a video on dealing with an auto installed RaW, and then install mods such as Imperial Civil War?  This would be much obliged

March 08, 2017, 03:24:52 PMReply #6

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2017, 03:24:52 PM »
The most likely issue is that you didn't actually get the maps extracted when you installed ICW. There was no 2.1 Demo, so I'm still not sure which version you're referring to, but either way, delete what you have and try redownloading it and reinstalling it from there. I'm thinking you mean when you press Start Battle or whatever it's called, it just resets the load bar and loops like that?

The problem with RaW is just AI related; all you need to do differently with it is go into Forces of Corruption/Data/ (the base game's, not a mod's folder) and delete the folder called Scripts, and from there into XML and delete the folder called AI.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!