Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Beta Testing & We Could Be Heroes - Eriadu Authority  (Read 17207 times)

March 06, 2017, 05:14:19 PM

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Beta Testing & We Could Be Heroes - Eriadu Authority
« on: March 06, 2017, 05:14:19 PM »

With the demo released and the larger fires put out, it's time for us to get back to focusing on and talking about the full 2.2 release, as well as Ascendancy. Before we get to the rundown of Eriadu's planned heroes, though, we want to take a moment to discuss how we're going to be handling the testing and the release of 2.2. While the demo has already provided a lot of good feedback (which was the point), there's several times that amount of content in the full release, so it will require significantly more testing. 

We currently have a team of four testers (Lord Xizer, TLMiller, Pali, and Revanchist), all of whom have been selected to test for several of the last few releases. Over previous releases, we'd ask people to test for one version, and then reselect with every version. With 2.2, now that we have the proper systems in place for easily deploying changes as we go and a ton of changes in constant flux between both mods, we're making testers a permanent position. We'd ideally like to have around 10-15 between the two mods, so if you're interested in signing up, you can do so by posting in this thread.

We'll likely start picking people over the next couple weeks. Our primary criteria for picking testers tends to be their ability to provide feedback. The more examples we have of that, the more likely we are to pick someone. If the only thing we've ever seen you post is "I want to test" and we never hear from you again, that's usually a good sign we're not going to pick that person; it's not a raffle to reward people with an early version of the mod, nor are we trying to somehow punish people by not picking them- we're usually communicating quite a bit with our testers, so beyond a certain number of people it becomes unwieldy, and the fewer people we have to organize or track down, the more time we have to spend working on the mods.

That being said, the testing will not all be internal. After we reach beta phase, we'll be posting beta versions for progressively larger groups in order to catch as much as possible before the full public release. Before anyone gets too ahead of themselves, this doesn't mean we're releasing 2.2 anytime soon:
Weeks 1&2: Admiral's Louge on forums (post-restricted board)
Weeks 3&4: Members Only subforum
Week 5: Full version release.

Some people will probably disagree with this, but again, we're trying to make sure the final release as as polished as possible before releasing it into the wild, and this is, based on our experience, the best way to make sure that happens.

If you need a refresher on what the Eriadu Authority is, check out the faction profile and unit list post by clicking here.

Superior General Sander Delvardus - Space: Praetor II-class Battlecruiser, Thalassa
Like most Warlords, Sander Delvardus was obsessed with his own status. In an attempt to move up the rungs of galactic society, he married into the wealthy Tarkin family on Eriadu and joined the Imperial Navy. After becoming captain on the ISD Brilliant, he lobbied to be made naval overseer of the Rimma trade route, in order to be closer to a refugee aid worker named Seledra-Zin, with whom he had fallen in love. Some time after making the rank of admiral, he and Seledra-Zin had a heated argument (not uncommon for the lovers) which ended with Delvardus striking her with a hammer. Filled with grief and regret, Delvardus ordered a suspended-animation casket for her and dedicated all of his future military and political actions towards secretly finding a cure for blunt force trauma. He had been under the command of Ardus Kaine, however after the defeat of the Empire at Endor, Kaine left to form the Pentastar Alignment in Oversector Outer, while Delvardus moved to form his own holdings around Eriadu, having promised the wealthy ruling families his protection. After acquiring a large force of AT-ATs from Vondarc, he styled himself Superior General; the first in a series of moves which would alienate his support base, specifically the well-respected General Maximilian Veers in this case. Subsequently, his moves to conquer territory closer to the core was met with disapproval by the Eriadu elites, including the Tarkin family and Shea Hublin, who believed it better to simply protect what they had. This was exacerbated by the string of military defeats suffered by Delvardus at the hands of Rebel Admirals Firmus Nantz and Sien Sovv, including the loss of his flagship. Once driven out of Eriadu, he fled to Kampe in the Deep Core, where he continued construction on the expensive Executor-class, Night Hammer. With the return of Palpatine, he rejoined the Imperial forces, but as the Empire once again splintered, he found himself at war with the other Warlords in the region. Ultimately, he was killed by Daala at Tsoss Beacon with the rest of the Warlords.

Colonel Ivan Cronus - Space: Executor-class Star Destroyer, Night Hammer. Construct at a capital shipyard.
The Night Hammer was a customized Executor class with black stealth armour (not to be confused with a cloaking device), and heavily automated systems which brought the crew requirement down by over half, and allowed more hangar space. Despite the power this provided to Delvardus, it had taken years and most of the financial and material resources of the Eriadu Authority to construct, only finishing sometime after their retreat to the Deep Core, and ultimately ending up under the command of Natasi Daala after her efforts to reunify the Empire. Cronus had been the second-in-command of Delvardus since at least 8 ABY, and was kept onboard as one of Daala's chief military personnel after he provided Night Hammer to her, which she renamed Knight Hammer in reference to the Jedi, and took as her flagship.

Major General Maximilian Veers - Ground: AT-AT Walker
Veers was raised by a middle-class Denon family before joining the Imperial academy, where he proved his dedication and skill repeatedly. Eventually, he attracted the attention of Darth Vader and gained a position as an instructor and commander aboard the first Death Star, although it was destroyed before he could take up his post. After successful missions against the Black Sun, an impressed Vice Admiral Thrawn recommended Veers to Darth Vader for further promotion, which Vader granted in the form of command of Death Squadron's elite Thundering Herd (later Blizzard Force at Hoth). After the death of the Emperor and Darth Vader, Veers served under Sander Delvardus, and was critical of the idea to form the Eriadu Authority. Eventually Veers left Eriadu and served under Thrawn's confederated forces, becoming one of a few who Thrawn used as templates for his clones. As the Imperial forces around the galaxy depleted, Veers went from commander to commander, until, in disgrace, he was sent on a suicide mission by Executor Sedriss.

Air Marshall Shea Hublin - Space: Imperial I-class Star Destroyer, Kabalian Cross
Hublin initially joined the Republic Navy at the end of the Clone Wars, graduating flight school shortly after the CIS surrender. His actions as commander of Sword Squadron in the Western Reaches during the early days of the Empire brought him significant media attention and fame, making him the subject of several recruitment posters. Based on Eriadu, he led Grand Moff Tarkin's starfighters against criminal and pirate forces before being injured in an ambush, losing a leg and most of his right arm. With prompting from his wife, he accepted a command position on the ISD Kabalian cross, allowing him to direct fighter operations from the bridge. He was asked by Kaine to accompany him to help form the Pentastar Alignment, but instead decided to remain on Eriadu under Delvardus' command. Like other Eriadu elites, he was highly critical of Delvardus' announcement that they would be conquering the core worlds instead of protecting Eriadu, prompting him to leave Delvardus' service. He returned after the Rebels defeated Eriadu at Sullust, until being killed in action at Sanrafsix.

Admiral Adye Prittick - Space: Imperial II-class Star Destroyer, Avenger
Prittick was one of the many high-ranking commanders to survive the retreat from Endor ordered by Gilad Pellaeon. When the fleet regrouped at Annaj, Prittick was determined to be the highest rank present and therefore in charge of the gathered Imperial forces. Prittick's indecision caused fractures in the gathered forces, leading a frustrated Blitzer Harrsk (among others) to take his own fleet and retreat to form Zero Command, the first Imperial splinter group. Altogether, this left Death Squadron with only a dozen Star Destroyers, which Prittick finally decided was insufficient to challenge the local Rebel forces, instead choosing to retreat to Yag'Dhul.
Note: There is no solid record of which was his flagship, or where he went after Yag'Dhul, however based on proximity we have decided on Eriadu. Avenger was chosen as its known path goes from Endor to Shadow Hand, consistent with a ship under the command of Delvardus.

Victor Strang - Ground: Storm Commando
Prior to the Battle of Yavin, Strang was in command of a team of storm commandos, elite troopers of the Empire's Stormtrooper Corps. Later in the war, he was promoted to the rank of admiral and placed in command of the Conqueror, an Imperial-class Star Destroyer equipped with a superlaser. He encountered the Rebel Alliance's Renegade Squadron led by Col Serra when they infiltrated the Conqueror in the Mustafar system in 1 ABY. Strang and his storm commandos were defeated by the Renegades, who proceeded to place thermal detonators on ship's reactor core. The detonators were triggered and the ship was destroyed, but before the explosion an X4 Gunship was able to escape from the Conqueror. One of the Renegades speculated that this ship may have been carrying Strang. (From Wookiepedia)

(Icon N/A) Moff Lobax Resuun - Galactic, Space: Imperial-class Star Destroyer, Retribution
Moff Resuun was the sector governor of Tamarin, which fell into disarray after Endor. The level of organized crime in the sector led to Resuun relocating the sector's headquarters to the Star Destroyer Retribution. Resuun managed to just barely retain control of local forces.

Captain Tomax Bren - Space: TIE Fighter Wing, White Death (Garrison on Retribution)
Tomax Bren was a gifted pilot as well as an engineer. For years he led the Scimitar Assault Wing, a group of ace pilots attached to the Qeimet Fleet, led by Retribution. At one point in his career, he devised an upgraded design for the TIE Bomber, elements of which were incorporated by Grand Admiral Thrawn into the Scimitar Assault Bomber after Bren joined under his command. In the Thrawn Campaign, Bren was essentially given total control over his assault wing. With Thrawn's death,  Bren and his pilots went into hiding.

Bossk - Ground, Space: Hound's Tooth
Bossk, a Trandoshan, is a highly skilled and deadly bounty hunter, and longtime rival of Boba Fett. He was also  one of the six bounty hunters Darth Vader hired to track down and capture the Millennium Falcon.

Elrood Sector Heroes
Much like the Antemeridian Sector for Maldrood and the Corporate Sector for Zsinj, Eriadu can gain some other heroes from minor factions by conquering them. The primary one for Eriadu is the Elrood sector, which provides four heroes.

(Icon N/A) Moff Villis Andal - Galactic
Villis Andal was a male Human and the Moff of Elrood sector during the New Order. A young man from a well-connected family, he became lazy in his secure job. Andal promoted the rivalry between his sector fleet's two top captains: Tanda Pryl and Akal Zed. Andal actually didn't even spend most of his time in the Elrood sector but instead spent it abroad in various games. Andal left most of the day to day governing of the sector to Governor Afren Hul of the planet Derilyn. (From Wookiepedia)

Captain Tanda Pryl - Space: Imperial I-class Star Destroyer, Thunderflare
Tanda was a force sensitive who came from a privileged family which taught her the subtle art of manipulating and influencing people. Her father's influence ensured that she was accepted into the Naval academy, although it was her ability that allowed for her meteoric rise through the ranks. Captain Pryl's Star Destroyer was reasigned to Darth Vader's Death Squadron for the Battle of Endor. Pryl survived the battle but refused to obey the new fleet commander, Gilad Pellaeon, after the battle, She decided to return in the Elrood sector rather than follow the other Warlords. (From Wookiepedia)

Civé "Howlrunner" Rashon- Space: Obsidian Squadron (deploys from Thunderflare)
Civé Rashon was a Human female TIE pilot in the Imperial Navy during the Galactic Civil War. She led Obsidian Squadron, an elite TIE squadron stationed aboard the Star Destroyer Avenger, and was given the call sign "Howlrunner". In 3 ABY, Rashon and Obsidian Squadron participated in the takeover of the planet Bespin and in the pursuit of the fugitive Rebel starship, the Millennium Falcon, as it escaped the planet. A year later, Rashon and Obsidian Squadron fought in the Battle of Endor, after which she returned to Elrood, continuing her service aboard Thunderflare. (From Wookiepedia)

Captain Akal Zed - Space: Imperial II-class Star Destroyer, Stalker
Zed was raised in a militaristic household and earned his first command following meritorious performance aboard the Carrack-class cruiser Seswennan Nightcloak during the Battle of Fleyars IV. After earning command of the Stalker, he botched a pacification operation on Valera and was reassigned to Elrood sector. Thereafter, Zed resolved to regain the trust of Imperial High Command by keeping Elrood sector secure. Like Pryl, he was assigned to Death Squadron but returned to Elrood after Endor rather than serve Pellaeon. (From Wookiepedia)

That's all for now. If you want to see Eriadu in action, I'll be running an Eriadu playthrough in Endor Aftermath on my channel starting Saturday to show some of the progress we've made on both that faction and the scenario.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 05:18:07 PM by Corey »
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

March 06, 2017, 05:47:08 PMReply #1

Offline Helix345

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-3
    • View Profile
Re: Beta Testing & We Could Be Heroes - Eriadu Authority
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 05:47:08 PM »
This looks like a pretty good lineup, but I so have one question. If the fighter heroes are destroyed but the ship hero is not, is the fighter hero still gone?

March 06, 2017, 06:15:40 PMReply #2

Offline TyberFen

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 06:15:40 PM »
What was the rationale for including Bossk with the EA? Just curious since Imperial commanders seemed to have a very low opinion of bounty hunters.

March 06, 2017, 07:47:15 PMReply #3

Offline DarkJedi497

• Tester
  • Stormtrooper
  • Approval: +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 07:47:15 PM »
I'm absolutely loving the mod Corey and team. And YouTube seems to be going well for you. Admittedly I'm new to being vocal on any forum I guess but I've been in love with this mod for years and as much as I wish I could say I'd post on here all the time I don't because it's just a bit different. I still haven't gotten used to the whole forum thing. Anyway if I can be of any help I'd love to do whatever I can. Also I did comment on YouTube (wrong place sorry was busy playing on computer with YouTube in background) about one bug with the providence having a hardpoint appearing up in the left hand corner of the screen which I think is just a visual bug. Also I remember Corey mentioned and he showed in his let's play as maldrood that there was a hero on kashyyk if you captured it before I think week 5 well I captured kashyyk before week 3 and he wasn't there so I'm guessing just got changed or something but I thought I'd mention it. And yes sorry I'm rambling on one post cuz I'm kinda in the back of a car writing this on my phone so  :P  anyway plz keep up the great work guys!  ;D ;D

March 06, 2017, 09:17:22 PMReply #4

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +18/-6
  • Professional Shut in, Steam Name: Mr.puertorican
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 09:17:22 PM »
Awesome stuff! Can't wait to check out the playthrough.
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

March 06, 2017, 09:51:36 PMReply #5

Offline DarthRevansRevenge

• Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-3
  • Your empire is doomed. Revan has returned
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2017, 09:51:36 PM »
I'm absolutely loving the mod Corey and team. And YouTube seems to be going well for you. Admittedly I'm new to being vocal on any forum I guess but I've been in love with this mod for years and as much as I wish I could say I'd post on here all the time I don't because it's just a bit different. I still haven't gotten used to the whole forum thing. Anyway if I can be of any help I'd love to do whatever I can. Also I did comment on YouTube (wrong place sorry was busy playing on computer with YouTube in background) about one bug with the providence having a hardpoint appearing up in the left hand corner of the screen which I think is just a visual bug. Also I remember Corey mentioned and he showed in his let's play as maldrood that there was a hero on kashyyk if you captured it before I think week 5 well I captured kashyyk before week 3 and he wasn't there so I'm guessing just got changed or something but I thought I'd mention it. And yes sorry I'm rambling on one post cuz I'm kinda in the back of a car writing this on my phone so  :P  anyway plz keep up the great work guys!  ;D ;D

i can answer this one. Grand Admiral Syn is only recruitable era 1, so not in Demo. Corey got him because back then, they were continuing with earlier warlord programming. instead of Syn at Kashyyyk, you get 2 heroes at commenor, with NO timelimit.

as for EA, i like all the heroes, Delvardus will have a blast with the death of Elrood Sector, but why does Cronus get Night Hammer? i thought Delvardus himself would Wield it as a Upgrade, as he would trust just about no one else. also, since i'm on Night Hammer, will it be an All Era build? or a 3-4 era build? that's my only comment though
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 09:54:44 PM by DarthRevansRevenge »
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

March 07, 2017, 04:09:31 AMReply #6

Offline StarBornMichaelh165

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-6
  • Long Live the United Species Republic.
    • View Profile
    • www.YouTube.com
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2017, 04:09:31 AM »
Oh my god....wow I thought Tanda Pryl and that other Characters for Elrood  were not  Legend canon characters. ....but now I see now that she and the other  we're....want to know what I meant by that. ....we'll I'll give people a link to what I'm Talking about if you all are instead that is. And it's in a FanFiction someone wrote About the Characters of the Elrood Sector.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 04:20:59 AM by StarBornMichaelh165 »
Greetings my people and welcome to the United Species Republic. Come and join the Republic that is not Like any Republic you never know before come join today. Oh and check out my YouTube and my Fan Fiction Profile OK Everyone.
 [img] file:///C:/Users/Michael/Pictures/my%20photos/Conqueror_superlaser.jpg [img]

March 07, 2017, 04:29:09 AMReply #7

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2017, 04:29:09 AM »
What was the rationale for including Bossk with the EA? Just curious since Imperial commanders seemed to have a very low opinion of bounty hunters.

They may not have had a high opinion of them, but Imperial groups hired slavers, bounty hunters and pirates all the time (as long as they weren't pirating in their territory). They get Bossk in particular, because we had to divide them up somehow (or else there'd be multiple copies of bounty hunters everywhere) and Bossk spent a significant portion of the early timeframe of the mod in that area. They also give the Warlord factions access to some more ground heroes, which they're sorely lacking otherwise.

Also I remember Corey mentioned and he showed in his let's play as maldrood that there was a hero on kashyyk if you captured it before I think week 5 well I captured kashyyk before week 3 and he wasn't there so I'm guessing just got changed or something but I thought I'd mention it. And yes sorry I'm rambling on one post cuz I'm kinda in the back of a car writing this on my phone so  :P  anyway plz keep up the great work guys!

We can't lock out building of anything beyond build limits. Syn was only there because I had been testing him earlier. He's dead by the time HfZ starts, he's only available by rescuing him from Kashyyyk very early on in the earlist GCs (ie Endor Aftermath).

but why does Cronus get Night Hammer? i thought Delvardus himself would Wield it as a Upgrade, as he would trust just about no one else. also, since i'm on Night Hammer, will it be an All Era build? or a 3-4 era build? that's my only comment though

If we put Delvardus on it, it reduces their hero options and leaves out Cronus (who's their second most important figure). He may have intended to use it as his personal flagship most of the time, however as far as not trusting anyone else with it, he seemed to trust Cronus with it when he wanted to kill all the other Warlords at the meeting, before Daala killed them first. It'll become available to build in era 1, after the Pestage/Isard transition. He seemed to commission it pretty soon after they got established on Kampe, which would have been around 5.5-6 ABY, well within Era 1, even if he didn't finish it until much later.

I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

March 08, 2017, 08:33:58 PMReply #8

Offline Illidan Stormrage

• Admiral
  • Approval: +17/-10
  • Killing a Emperor doesnt end a Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2017, 08:33:58 PM »
Not to be a dick but the Avenger was capture and turned into the emancipator.
you might just want to change the name of the ship or just be in a ship.
"The Empire did nothing wrong obviously" :)
"Your Memes will make a fine addition to my collection"
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

March 08, 2017, 09:36:16 PMReply #9

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2017, 09:36:16 PM »
Emancipator was the Accuser, not Avenger.

March 08, 2017, 09:56:33 PMReply #10

Offline Illidan Stormrage

• Admiral
  • Approval: +17/-10
  • Killing a Emperor doesnt end a Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2017, 09:56:33 PM »
Emancipator was the Accuser, not Avenger.
ohhhhhhhhhh
I feel fucking stupid
"The Empire did nothing wrong obviously" :)
"Your Memes will make a fine addition to my collection"
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

March 10, 2017, 06:57:23 PMReply #11

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2017, 06:57:23 PM »
A fine list, my only issue is Thalassa was destroyed in the year after Endor. Delvardus undoubtedly meant for Night Hammer to be his flagship. Cronus was his staff officer and in control of his Fortress on Kampe. While he was a competent space commander under Daala, his rank and role until then suggest he was likely identical to General Melvars role to Zsinj as a starfighter and ground forces commander. I think he'd fit more as a ground hero since at the point Night Hammer emerges the EA will be very short on ground heroes. Thus Some diversity could be added in later eras.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 06:59:50 PM by Lord Xizer »
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

March 10, 2017, 09:27:49 PMReply #12

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2017, 09:27:49 PM »
since you mention this, what was Delvardus's flagship between Thalassa and (intended) Night Hammer?
also, could Cronus command something more like his actual role in SW? commanding Night Hammer is great for a second in command and all, but with Delvardus's 1 thing he cared about most aboard said SSD, he would want him and him only to be in charge of it. maybe give Cronus something obscure, like a torpedo sphere or a Class-II carrier or something, and make Night Hammer solely a upgrade for say, Galactic Delvardus after Thalassa dies
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

March 10, 2017, 09:28:34 PMReply #13

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2017, 09:28:34 PM »
Thalassa may have been destroyed canonically by then, but no GCs that they're part of except Shadow Hand/Crimson Empire start after that point, so it's irrelevant except in those GCs (and when those GCs start, Night Hammer isn't finished either). Reunification is the only one which starts with Night Hammer finished, and it'll likely need to be separate from Delvardus for story reasons at that point, too (he wasn't on it at Tsoss). Remember, canon is used for a starting point and for firing events. Not to force the results of battles that don't happen in the context of that GC, as in, if you don't get Thalassa killed, it's not dead.

Using Knight Hammer as a direct flagship for Delvardus to replace Thalassa would also limit their heroes even more and mean if he dies, you can get him a second time, which we want to avoid. We can't lock out the construction option if he dies. We also need something else to put Delvardus on in the later GCs, and for the reasons I've already stated, it won't be Night Hammer. He may not even get a direct flagship that he's attached to for eras 3 and 4.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 09:34:34 PM by Corey »

March 10, 2017, 09:38:49 PMReply #14

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2017, 09:38:49 PM »
alright then, it's not like we have much say in vanilla ICW, but i guess you have a point in that. maybe a submod can explore what happens without Cronus on Night Hammer, but not for this mod

complete tangent: you said you had to cancel/delay a lot of projects/plans/ideas to make the Bellator. can you tell us what the Bellator replaced that won't make the cut for 2.2?

March 10, 2017, 10:45:36 PMReply #15

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2017, 10:45:36 PM »
That isn't really what I meant; it wasn't that we had x, y and z planned and cancelled them in favour of the Bellator. It's more like, we know we have a certain amount we can feasible do for any given release before it would get to the point where the extra time it would take to make the content isn't worth the extra delay, so we have to choose certain things. The idea of focusing on the Warlords, of which the Bellator was a part, meant we can't do a significant expansion of the EotH or Hapans or whatever else alongside that and get it reasonably close, even though for the same resources it took to make the Bellator we could have done, for example, 4-5 fully new Hapan designs. Even within the Warlords, the decision to do the Bellator contributes to the smaller number of distinct frigates between the groups; for those same resources, we could have had a more diverse frigate set, or ground unit set, or spent more time redoing old content.

The basic idea I was getting at with that is more that when people suggest we add something, they tend to think they're coming at it from a perspective of "having more is better, so why wouldn't we want this" whereas the reality is more like "we have a ton of shit we want to do, which will we ultimately end up doing?" and any decision to do X means that, ultimately, there's no room to do Y. At various times before we really got into it (there were 2 years where we were really just doing Ascendancy and ICW was on the backburner), ICW 2.2 vacillated between being a pre-Endor expansion, an EotH expansion, and what we ultimately decided on doing, the Warlords.

March 11, 2017, 03:10:50 AMReply #16

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2017, 03:10:50 AM »
Fair enough. Your reasons are sound, besides a sub mod could give Night Hammer to Delvardus if need be.

March 11, 2017, 05:07:08 AMReply #17

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2017, 05:07:08 AM »
A fine list, my only issue is Thalassa was destroyed in the year after Endor. Delvardus undoubtedly meant for Night Hammer to be his flagship.
since you mention this, what was Delvardus's flagship between Thalassa and (intended) Night Hammer?
We need something else to put Delvardus on in the later GCs, and for the reasons I've already stated, it won't be Night Hammer. He may not even get a direct flagship that he's attached to for eras 3 and 4.

My thoughts on how to resolve the awkward gap between Thalassa being destroyed and the much delayed Night Hammer has always been this: Delvardus transfers his flag to the next available battleship in his fleet and renames the vessel after his previous command (rather like Zsinj had Brawl renamed Iron Fist - people can get very attached to names).  For mod convenience we determine this happens to be another Praetor II. Problem solved!
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

March 11, 2017, 04:22:41 PMReply #18

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2017, 04:22:41 PM »
My thoughts on how to resolve the awkward gap between Thalassa being destroyed and the much delayed Night Hammer has always been this: Delvardus transfers his flag to the next available battleship in his fleet and renames the vessel after his previous command (rather like Zsinj had Brawl renamed Iron Fist - people can get very attached to names).  For mod convenience we determine this happens to be another Praetor II. Problem solved!

My main thought on this was having Cronus as a ground hero as other than Veers and Bossk(both likely not available to EA in later eras(I presume because Bossk stayed mainly outer rim and Veers left Delvardus for Thrawn then died under the reborn Emperors Executor Sedriss) leaving the EA minus ground heroes while heavy in space. Giving Cronus a heavy ground command vehicle might be a viable alternative while also freeing up Night Hammer for Delvardus without reducing the hero pool and offering variety. Just a thought.

March 11, 2017, 05:47:20 PMReply #19

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2017, 05:47:20 PM »
maybe have it when Delvardus dies once, he losses Thalassa, he becomes a galactic only hero, to get the upgrade after he has money

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!