Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: 2.2 Demo Known Issues and Bug Report Thread  (Read 52071 times)

September 04, 2017, 05:15:59 PMReply #120

Offline Imrahil

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: 2.2 Demo Known Issues and Bug Report Thread
« Reply #120 on: September 04, 2017, 05:15:59 PM »
When I move the anti-aliasing slider to the maximum and click "Accept", the screen goes white and I cannot play the game. I have to exit the game and launch it again. This happens every time I try to modify the anti-aliasing setting.

September 07, 2017, 04:34:51 PMReply #121

Offline d1001more

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 07, 2017, 04:34:51 PM »
I am getting error messages when trying to save. It will say something like not enough space or something like that. I have lost some major campaign progress a few times. Sometimes after playing longer it will eventually allow a save and sometimes it will crash.  Also I am not sure if it is a mechanic of the game but fighters are extra hard to take out even when using ships with lasers or anti fighter builds.  You go through the trouble to build these anti fighter ships and they just dont do their job. The only exception is the CR90 which does an exceptional job of taking out fighters when commanded to which brings me to the next issue. Too many times I use attack move or target an enemy fighter with other anti fighters and when I go back to the ship it will be just sitting idle not shooting with fighters buzzing all around it like bees. The capital and large ships try their best to at least shoot at fighters with very low success. The ships good for fighters almost have to be single target click on each fighter rather than auto attack like the capital ships.  Lastly when playing against the AI they are either busting chops over one or two planets or sitting back sipping tea waiting for me to own all of their planets. I would like them to keep fighting. I know on some of these I get off to a rough start fighting for my life to keep 5 planets but when I get them going the AI seems to loose interest and I just take over everything.

I love this game and it is one of the only games I look forward to playing every single day.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 05:39:12 PM by d1001more »

September 16, 2017, 04:55:38 PMReply #122

Offline nariac

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 16, 2017, 04:55:38 PM »
Hey, I just installed the mod and everything is green. :C

Vanilla FOC works fine. I followed the instructions in the installation video. I have Steam. Here's what I'm looking at. The game is running, I just can't see much and it's unplayable. :C

September 16, 2017, 05:07:22 PMReply #123

Offline TonPhanan

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 16, 2017, 05:07:22 PM »
Hey, I just installed the mod and everything is green. :C

Vanilla FOC works fine. I followed the instructions in the installation video. I have Steam. Here's what I'm looking at. The game is running, I just can't see much and it's unplayable. :C

Did you try to simply delete the shaders-folder in corruption/mods/icw/data/art/ :? Could be an issue with that.

September 16, 2017, 05:21:04 PMReply #124

Offline nariac

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 16, 2017, 05:21:04 PM »
Did you try to simply delete the shaders-folder in corruption/mods/icw/data/art/ :? Could be an issue with that.

I think I found the issue. The version I used is the original from March and there's a newer one which deals with a shader issue, which I assume is the green mess. Trying that one now.

October 08, 2017, 03:26:05 PMReply #125

Offline Decepticon141

• Stormtrooper Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 08, 2017, 03:26:05 PM »
Playing Greater Maldrood GC, Win 10, disk version.  once I eliminate green and gain two new heroes I can no longer do any space battles. Like two ships passing in the night, I can send my fleet around "scouting" and occupying the same space. Tried debugging the saved file, with no luck.

October 17, 2017, 02:44:21 AMReply #126

Offline Decepticon141

• Stormtrooper Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 17, 2017, 02:44:21 AM »
As I may or may not of said, I restarted and left he "Green Imperial" (AnthoXXXX what ever) planet covered with a space unit to keep them pacified as I continued the GC.

In week 300 now gained 2 more heroes "just because" i think. Decided to try once again to take over the Green planet and see if the bug was still a thing. This time gained the Moff and other guy with no bugs...

October 17, 2017, 02:50:33 AMReply #127

Offline Decepticon141

• Stormtrooper Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 17, 2017, 02:50:33 AM »
Minor bugs

#1 - Medium difficulty AI does not make surface cannon ever. (may just be hard difficulty thing)
#2 - Only could build 3 star destroyer bellator's (this also might be by design). Also lost the ability to build the Crimson field Victory Class SD's somewhere along the way.
#3 - Probe droids scout space for all planets they pass through (again maybe that's not a bug).
#4 - All star destroyer Heroes have voice of thrawn.

October 17, 2017, 08:32:36 AMReply #128

Offline Jorritkarwehr

• Mod Team Member
  • Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 17, 2017, 08:32:36 AM »
Bellators and Crimson Command VSDs both have build limits by design.

October 19, 2017, 08:15:25 AMReply #129

Offline Decepticon141

• Stormtrooper Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 19, 2017, 08:15:25 AM »
Understood. Possibly add an event msg like   ~~~~~ Commander: The great Warlord Teradoc has ordered no new Belladaar Star Destroyers to be manufactured. Instead the resources and manpower will be focused on other capital ships.

Something similar can pop up when you reach your max of Crimson Command VSDs.

Keep up the good work fellas!   

October 20, 2017, 06:11:03 PMReply #130

Offline the_trots

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 20, 2017, 06:11:03 PM »
AI defending fleets are still parking under their golans.

November 01, 2017, 03:18:03 PMReply #131

The Odyssey

« Reply #131 on: November 01, 2017, 03:18:03 PM »
I was Playing The demo mod and i am 243 turns in on Captain difficulty and everything was going fine until i made a spy droid on Kuat and try to spy on a planet to invade, but then once i moved it onto the planet and let go it just moved back to Kuat and didn't work. I tried multiple times but it wouldn't work, then out of curiosity i tried to move my hero off the  planet as i had him there for the discount, but all he did was move to space. Then upon attempting to put him back onto the planet he copied himself? at this point i was very confused. then i tried moving everyone and no-one was able to move save some fleets i had in space. But when i tried putting one of the three fleets i had control of on a planet to reinforce them, once i put more ships into their fleet I was unable to control them anymore. Also when i moved the two other fleets i had to try and see if i could still battle with them. I could battle with them still, but once i entered the space battle i was unable to do anything except bring in reinforcements and the ships all appeared to me as if they were an enemy fleet (i.e. i couldn't see sub-stations or access abilities or command them in anyway whatsoever) the same went for the one group of land attack vehicles i was able to move. I am wondering if there is anyway to fix this or am i doomed to start again?

November 01, 2017, 03:43:49 PMReply #132

Offline GreyStar

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +11/-4
  • The Rival Defender
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
« Reply #132 on: November 01, 2017, 03:43:49 PM »
I was Playing The demo mod and i am 243 turns in on Captain difficulty and everything was going fine until i made a spy droid on Kuat and try to spy on a planet to invade, but then once i moved it onto the planet and let go it just moved back to Kuat and didn't work. I tried multiple times but it wouldn't work, then out of curiosity i tried to move my hero off the  planet as i had him there for the discount, but all he did was move to space. Then upon attempting to put him back onto the planet he copied himself? at this point i was very confused. then i tried moving everyone and no-one was able to move save some fleets i had in space. But when i tried putting one of the three fleets i had control of on a planet to reinforce them, once i put more ships into their fleet I was unable to control them anymore. Also when i moved the two other fleets i had to try and see if i could still battle with them. I could battle with them still, but once i entered the space battle i was unable to do anything except bring in reinforcements and the ships all appeared to me as if they were an enemy fleet (i.e. i couldn't see sub-stations or access abilities or command them in anyway whatsoever) the same went for the one group of land attack vehicles i was able to move. I am wondering if there is anyway to fix this or am i doomed to start again?

Your install folder of Thrawn's Revenge should include the Defreezer utility, if you cannot find it / figure out how to use it google "Empire at War Defreezer".

November 06, 2017, 07:41:13 AMReply #133

Offline Decepticon141

• Stormtrooper Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 06, 2017, 07:41:13 AM »
In Maldrood demo the computer used a planet to planet route that doesn't exist and shouldn't exist. Serenno to Celanon. (CORRECTION I was wrong. All flight paths are working correctly)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 06:47:57 AM by Decepticon141 »

November 27, 2017, 12:37:34 AMReply #134

Offline derp

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 27, 2017, 12:37:34 AM »
The anti air turrets don't work on the ground for zsinj faction.
"I am not the Lord Darth Vader--I do not spend my men recklessly. Nor do I take their deaths lightly."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

December 03, 2017, 01:56:47 PMReply #135

Offline derp

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: December 03, 2017, 01:56:47 PM »
The raptor infantry for zsinj have a bug with their scout bikes going continuously forward until they get stuck in the map.
"I am not the Lord Darth Vader--I do not spend my men recklessly. Nor do I take their deaths lightly."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

December 03, 2017, 04:23:56 PMReply #136

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 03, 2017, 04:23:56 PM »
That's a bug introduced into EaW by the official patch unfortunately, not something we can fix.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

December 04, 2017, 01:01:55 PMReply #137

Offline derp

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 04, 2017, 01:01:55 PM »
AI defending fleets are still parking under their golans.
If you send some ships to destroy the space station the AI will start a retreat usually.
Grand Admiral Thrawn

December 07, 2017, 02:45:06 PMReply #138

Offline derp

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 07, 2017, 02:45:06 PM »
I got a hero corvette.
Grand Admiral Thrawn

December 07, 2017, 03:41:08 PMReply #139

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 07, 2017, 03:41:08 PM »
That's not a bug, we just don't have a useable portrait for an icon for Darillian/Night Caller yet.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!