Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: 2.2 Demo Known Issues and Bug Report Thread  (Read 52085 times)

March 17, 2017, 01:56:34 PMReply #80

Offline silvermoon88

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • SMWorks
Re: 2.2 Demo Known Issues and Bug Report Thread
« Reply #80 on: March 17, 2017, 01:56:34 PM »
What did you do with the defreezer, and what happened afterwards? It should have fixed it if it was used on the correct save.

Located the save file, selected Defreeze, and relaunched the game after it was done. Going into the session still had the game "paused". I did end up going into the Defreezer again and just going through all my saves just to be sure I didn't accidentally select the wrong one but still it stayed "paused." On the bright side, it seems to have been an isolated bug - at least for me - as it hasn't happened at all since then. Even when I used my slightly older backup save and did the same thing, the bug never showed itself again. If it does seem to occur once more I'll be sure to mention it here.

March 17, 2017, 04:47:37 PMReply #81

Ty

« Reply #81 on: March 17, 2017, 04:47:37 PM »
If you double-click the file instead of extracting it (which should let you explore it like a regular folder structure), what's in it? Also, what's the name of the file you downloaded?

It doesn't

ICW22DemoPatch2

March 17, 2017, 04:50:47 PMReply #82

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 17, 2017, 04:50:47 PM »
Is the art folder inside of any other folders when it's extracted, or is it just the Art folder on its own?
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

March 17, 2017, 05:47:05 PMReply #83

Offline Bucman55

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-0
  • Come on, boss, when have I ever let you down?
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 17, 2017, 05:47:05 PM »
For some reason, the Dauntless does not deploy its fighter squadrons.

EDIT: In fact, the hangar and shield generator hardpoints don't even appear on the ship. Perhaps this could have something to do with the issue.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 12:27:38 AM by Bucman55 »

March 18, 2017, 05:38:19 PMReply #84

Offline Illidan Stormrage

• Admiral
  • Approval: +17/-10
  • Killing a Emperor doesnt end a Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 18, 2017, 05:38:19 PM »
Thrawn's bug log entry 7?:
alicmators don't appear to be able to be built on selgas iv (that asteroid near dathomir) even though I can build them on planets with level one space station
and Lott(Maldrood's atat ground hero) seems to crash my game on certain land battles
"The Empire did nothing wrong obviously" :)
"Your Memes will make a fine addition to my collection"
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

March 18, 2017, 06:17:43 PMReply #85

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 18, 2017, 06:17:43 PM »
alicmators don't appear to be able to be built on selgas iv (that asteroid near dathomir) even though I can build them on planets with level one space station
and Lott(Maldrood's atat ground hero) seems to crash my game on certain land battles

Wow, poor acclamators.  I've never seen that class spelling be so horrendously butchered.  :D
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

March 18, 2017, 08:30:04 PMReply #86

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 18, 2017, 08:30:04 PM »
Acclamators don't appear to be able to be built on selgas iv (that asteroid near dathomir) even though I can build them on planets with level one space station

That is probably due to the fact they act like a ground unit rather than space. They deploy TIEs on the ground if I'm not mistaken.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

March 19, 2017, 03:00:46 PMReply #87

Offline DarthRevansRevenge

• Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-3
  • Your empire is doomed. Revan has returned
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 19, 2017, 03:00:46 PM »
that would be why, as more people have mentioned it's technically a ground unit
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

March 21, 2017, 02:11:12 PMReply #88

Dumitru22233

« Reply #88 on: March 21, 2017, 02:11:12 PM »
When I win a land battle at Celanon with the Greater Maldrood,Melvar is still alive even if I kill him in future battles.

March 22, 2017, 07:13:05 PMReply #89

Offline Irrelevant

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 22, 2017, 07:13:05 PM »
Using Patch 2, which was applied over the initial public release of 2.2. 

Dathomir uses the FoC campaign map, but all the structures on that map remain...and loyal to the Imperial Remnant. This was especially fun as Malrood, as NR had the planet. Resulted in me getting swarmed by nightsister rancors at spawn, with the hardcoded imperial forces actually defeating most of the NR for me.

Antemeridias Faction spawns no fighters from any of their ships. Given they use ISDs, I thought that was odd.

Some enemy Heroes aren't staying dead. I've killed Wraith Squadron 4 times and counting, and Admiral Ackbar keeps on rearing his fishy head too. My heroes, however, have indeed stayed dead.

A ground map which is used for lots of planets (one such being Antemeridias) has a civilian spawn at the bottom left of the map which has a *chance* to spawn civilians off-map.

Lots of reinforcement points can trap units which deploy in a wide area. Saber Tanks are one of the most obvious. Maybe clump the units closer together for spawning, or make a pass around land reinforcement points with the passable terrain brush (even if it ends up looking stupid)

A level 3 shipyard with a pirate base results in units being pushed off-screen for space production. Move TIE carriers to bottom row?

edit- added forgotten ones plus any new ones

Yavin 4, I for some reason had a random second AT-AT on the map, pretty close to the enemy power generator. It counted towards my unit cap, was there as soon as the battle started and was nowhere near any reinforcement point

Selaggis IV Space is a map where you have to autoresolve to win (mentioned in the original post, but no list of known maps given)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 08:46:07 PM by Irrelevant »

March 24, 2017, 05:24:38 PMReply #90

Ty

« Reply #90 on: March 24, 2017, 05:24:38 PM »
Is the art folder inside of any other folders when it's extracted, or is it just the Art folder on its own?

This is what is extracted C:\Users\Ty\Desktop\Extra\ICW22DemoPatch2\ICW22Demo\Data\Art\Maps
                                    C:\Users\Ty\Desktop\Extra\ICW22DemoPatch2\ICW22Demo\Data\Art\Models

March 29, 2017, 07:46:15 PMReply #91

Offline emkayoffense

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 29, 2017, 07:46:15 PM »
During land battles as Zsinj I can only seem to call orbital bombardments if I have a VSD-II in orbit. A fleet containing an Executor, Allegiances, and several ISD-II's did not permit one. Is this intentional?

And is Zsinj not allowed to produce additional VSD-II's?

March 30, 2017, 01:43:49 PMReply #92

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 30, 2017, 01:43:49 PM »
And is Zsinj not allowed to produce additional VSD-II's?

If I remember correctly Imperial factions will be getting either the VSD 2 or the Procursator to fill the top end heavy frigate.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

March 30, 2017, 06:11:06 PMReply #93

Offline Bucman55

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-0
  • Come on, boss, when have I ever let you down?
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 30, 2017, 06:11:06 PM »
If I remember correctly Imperial factions will be getting either the VSD 2 or the Procursator to fill the top end heavy frigate.
Well currently Zsinj cannot build either of those.

March 31, 2017, 10:10:40 AMReply #94

Offline carpemark

• Stormtrooper Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 31, 2017, 10:10:40 AM »
Great Demo!

Had fleets/ships jump on top of mine - scared me but loved it as any good commander would do the same - dont change this!

The Belator is perfectly balanced! I actually dont like the SSD's because i think they are too powerful
Never played Hunt for Zsing before - this is great!
Malrood Galaxy placement is hard to defend! No real choke points. I like it! Take Mon Calimari and New blah and close the right flank.
Game froze jumping into Corsin with a fleet BUT the lead ship was only a Crusader. Your Defreeezer worked like a charm.
If you want a list I can provide it but found (playing as Malrood) many planets showing that they can only build Light Shipyards actually allowed to upgrade to Heavy or higher Shipyards.
Asteroid Fields not weakening Ships. This needs to be fixed when Mon Calimari Cruisers slow down going through an asteroid field BUT take no damage.
Some Asteroids have a grey square box. Not sure why.
Raid fleets take a long time to jump in. I like to use them against the enemy but just when I give up and engage the enemy they appear. Not convenient :)
Overall a really good BETA! Excellent work!
Democracy must be defended.

March 31, 2017, 06:11:22 PMReply #95

paul

« Reply #95 on: March 31, 2017, 06:11:22 PM »
I have a bug where the only playable campaign is the hunt for zsinj one
Is there any fix?

March 31, 2017, 06:30:28 PMReply #96

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +18/-6
  • Professional Shut in, Steam Name: Mr.puertorican
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 31, 2017, 06:30:28 PM »
Is there any fix?
That's the only one, its a demo
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

March 31, 2017, 10:15:10 PMReply #97

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 31, 2017, 10:15:10 PM »
Is there any fix?

Not sure if serious or trolling.
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

March 31, 2017, 11:19:17 PMReply #98

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +18/-6
  • Professional Shut in, Steam Name: Mr.puertorican
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 31, 2017, 11:19:17 PM »
Not sure if serious or trolling.
Since its a guest I'm guessing serious. But hey I have been wrong my entire life, why stop here?
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

April 06, 2017, 07:32:17 PMReply #99

Samuel wallace

« Reply #99 on: April 06, 2017, 07:32:17 PM »
On galactic conquest only 1 map shows up the hunt for zjinji is this a bug or is this part of it

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!