Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: 2.2 Demo Known Issues and Bug Report Thread  (Read 52105 times)

March 12, 2017, 01:41:53 PMReply #60

Offline MrSicnus

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: 2.2 Demo Known Issues and Bug Report Thread
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2017, 01:41:53 PM »

Unconfirmed: (I can't recreate any of these issues no matter how many times I try, need more information on reproducibility)
- Potential crash on Zsinj death?

I get this one every time he dies. Is there any info I can send to help?

March 12, 2017, 01:49:15 PMReply #61

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2017, 01:49:15 PM »
Do you know who controls any of Kuat, Etti, Bonadan, Ession, Tsoss Beacon, Carida, and Garos IV?
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

March 12, 2017, 10:52:24 PMReply #62

Offline Pentastar Enforcer

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-2
  • Hi everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2017, 10:52:24 PM »
new glitch found, can't seem to take the planet of Celanon with Melvar on it. I've tried about 3 times now, blown Melvar to bits multiple times, yet the planet won't join me and the Maldrood. So what do?

The Galactic Empire - The best thing to happen to the galaxy since Midichlorian counts.

March 13, 2017, 09:18:14 AMReply #63

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2017, 09:18:14 AM »
Autoresolve.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

March 13, 2017, 05:03:10 PMReply #64

Offline Illidan Stormrage

• Admiral
  • Approval: +17/-10
  • Killing a Emperor doesnt end a Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2017, 05:03:10 PM »
Thrawn's Bug log Entry 5:
Sometime my game might crash on level three shipyards if Zsinj dies there.
My game also crashes when I attack New Alderanan
"The Empire did nothing wrong obviously" :)
"Your Memes will make a fine addition to my collection"
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

March 13, 2017, 06:12:44 PMReply #65

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2017, 06:12:44 PM »
AdmrialThrawn2, are you playing the second patched version, or are you still using the original release?
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

March 13, 2017, 07:30:02 PMReply #66

Offline Illidan Stormrage

• Admiral
  • Approval: +17/-10
  • Killing a Emperor doesnt end a Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2017, 07:30:02 PM »
AdmrialThrawn2, are you playing the second patched version, or are you still using the original release?
second patch
I was playing the Maldrood taking New Alderanan
and as Nr I kill Zsinj and he crash the game on these planets
Kuat
Mon Calamari
"The Empire did nothing wrong obviously" :)
"Your Memes will make a fine addition to my collection"
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

March 14, 2017, 01:38:16 PMReply #67

Offline Jorritkarwehr

• Mod Team Member
  • Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2017, 01:38:16 PM »
I was finishing up my campaign as Zsinj when Maldrood managed to ambush and destroy Iron Fist. I owned Centares and the surrounding area, but Kosh still spawned over it. On an only marginally related note, could Angela Krin be removed and appear in the Corporate Sector fleets when Zsinj dies?

Also, while not a bug, droidekas are very expensive for what they offer. A price more comparable to T2-Bs rather than Hailfires would be more fair. Interceptor IVs also seem underwhelming as a 2 pop unit.

Finally, are there any plans to make infantry captains heroes that show up on the tactical map? It would be convenient to know their whereabouts and health/existence more easily.

March 14, 2017, 06:21:49 PMReply #68

LT-Recon

« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2017, 06:21:49 PM »
Im having issues loading the game, it starts to run but it just stops at the loading screen. Do i have to delete the mod then redwonload it?
I have installed quite a few mods and they all have worked well, Including Thrawns revenge. (And yes i am using the vanilla data folder I have copies for a reason.)
Also i cannot get the shortcut to work, so i am having to use a mod launcher program to launch mods, I cant get the shortcut for the first Thrawns revenge to work either.

March 14, 2017, 06:25:13 PMReply #69

Ty

« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2017, 06:25:13 PM »
I have enough memory, and I have downloaded it multiple times on different browsers. It still only extracts art.

March 14, 2017, 08:31:25 PMReply #70

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 14, 2017, 08:31:25 PM »
Im having issues loading the game, it starts to run but it just stops at the loading screen. Do i have to delete the mod then redwonload it?
I have installed quite a few mods and they all have worked well, Including Thrawns revenge. (And yes i am using the vanilla data folder I have copies for a reason.)
Also i cannot get the shortcut to work, so i am having to use a mod launcher program to launch mods, I cant get the shortcut for the first Thrawns revenge to work either.

Depending on specs, the loading screen can take a LONG time to load.  For instance, on my system (octa-core, 16 GB ram, SSD) it takes ~5 minutes to actually get to the game.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

March 15, 2017, 05:26:34 PMReply #71

Jacob

« Reply #71 on: March 15, 2017, 05:26:34 PM »
I can't seem to get the mod working it goes to the first screen then locks up. I followed all the instructions to the tee. I even combed the help forums, did a fresh clean install of both eaw foc and the mod. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks

March 15, 2017, 05:33:33 PMReply #72

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 15, 2017, 05:33:33 PM »
Does it actually crash (as in, do you get an error) or does it just sit on the loading screen? As has been mentioned, it can take a while to load.

March 15, 2017, 05:40:59 PMReply #73

Jacob

« Reply #73 on: March 15, 2017, 05:40:59 PM »
Im good, you're right it takes time. ;D

March 16, 2017, 02:37:01 PMReply #74

Offline silvermoon88

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • SMWorks
« Reply #74 on: March 16, 2017, 02:37:01 PM »
A recent bug I had involved my Greater Maldrood attacking Commenor to retrieve Lott who had spawned there.

I had managed to retreat Gendarr, but oddly enough Lott was never attacked on the ground and clicking his symbol in the upper right told me Commenor. So, conquering Porus Vida, Kashyyyk, and retaking Cejansij, I went for Commenor. I had packed a well-sized fleet with me and sent them off as I sent my main fleet out to Selaggis IV. Now this is when the bug actually began. As my fleet neared Commenor, the hint-notifier told me that the planet had been conquered by the Imperal Remnant, kicking the New Republic out of there... and suddenly the game paused. But.. not really?
The game acted as if I had hit the pause button - could select planets and fleets and start construction but could not move, attack, or much of anything else. The pause button had not been pressed, even after clicking on it a few times I still saw the pseudo pause affect everything. Restarting the game, the Windows VM (I'm currently on a Mac using Parallels w/ Win7 on it) and even trying the Defreezer did not allow the game to continue working.

Thankfully I did have a backup save of not too far before the pseudo pause, though unfortunately it seems that despite having saved it for later examination, the save is gone or has rollbacked itself somehow... I did see if I could recreate the bug by reconquering the very planets I had done before and moving a similar sized fleet to Commenor, though it did not reappear.

This would be using the second patch I believe, I downloaded the demo a little under a week ago and have been enjoying it thoroughly. This is the only major bug I've found so far, and it is a strange one.

March 16, 2017, 04:47:58 PMReply #75

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 16, 2017, 04:47:58 PM »
What did you do with the defreezer, and what happened afterwards? It should have fixed it if it was used on the correct save.

March 16, 2017, 07:12:28 PMReply #76

grunt700

« Reply #76 on: March 16, 2017, 07:12:28 PM »
When I play as Greater Maldrood and try to reload a save, it crashes my game

March 16, 2017, 07:57:23 PMReply #77

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 16, 2017, 07:57:23 PM »
Grunt, get the updated version; it fixes that issue.

March 17, 2017, 08:51:12 AMReply #78

Ty

« Reply #78 on: March 17, 2017, 08:51:12 AM »
I have enough memory, and I have downloaded it multiple times on different browsers. It still only extracts art. Any Answers?

March 17, 2017, 10:55:35 AMReply #79

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 17, 2017, 10:55:35 AM »
If you double-click the file instead of extracting it (which should let you explore it like a regular folder structure), what's in it? Also, what's the name of the file you downloaded?

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!