Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: 2.2 Demo Known Issues and Bug Report Thread  (Read 52086 times)

March 09, 2017, 12:34:22 AMReply #40

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +18/-6
  • Professional Shut in, Steam Name: Mr.puertorican
    • View Profile
Re: 2.2 Demo Known Issues and Bug Report Thread
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2017, 12:34:22 AM »
No Doubt... My only good game as them and the game crashed when I alt-tabbed and I lost the save, tried restarting and Zsinj took Columex :/ - Starting to wonder if fortifying planets on the ground and letting space go is a good idea or not.
Depends on what planets, if they are high income I would protect them in space. If they have a lot of structure slots then go with ground. If it has a capital shipyard then obviously protect it in space with a hyper-velocity gun and Golans. If its a choke-point then protect it in space.
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

March 09, 2017, 07:30:09 AMReply #41

Offline dachiakia

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2017, 07:30:09 AM »
I do not know if it is a bug persay, but on Kashyyyk space battles I noted the defenders spawn within attack range of the attacking fleet. It happened every time I fought over Kashyyyk while defending and attacking, and seems to be a minor inconvenience to the defenders.

March 09, 2017, 09:38:14 PMReply #42

Offline Illidan Stormrage

• Admiral
  • Approval: +17/-10
  • Killing a Emperor doesnt end a Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2017, 09:38:14 PM »
I don't that's a bug lol, it's supposed to be that way. Greater Maldrood is supposed to be a challenging faction, not a walk in the park like the IR or PA.
well its not just a bug thread its a issue thread.
BTW: How Do I get Lion Banjeer? The AI attack me with him so where do I get him form?
"The Empire did nothing wrong obviously" :)
"Your Memes will make a fine addition to my collection"
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

March 09, 2017, 09:53:15 PMReply #43

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2017, 09:53:15 PM »
I don't remember the planet, but he's a buildable space hero.  It's sad because I can see the location of the planet on the galaxy map in my head, but I can't remember the name.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

March 09, 2017, 09:58:09 PMReply #44

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2017, 09:58:09 PM »
well its not just a bug thread its a issue thread.
BTW: How Do I get Lion Banjeer? The AI attack me with him so where do I get him form?

Issue would still imply that it's not supposed to be that way, but as Puerto said, it is; we try to have a pretty broad range of scenario difficulties in the mod since we need to accommodate skilled players all the way up to people who've been playing it for 10+ years  (though we still need to get in our documentation for relative scenario difficulty, even if nobody will read it).

As for Banjeer, capture Commenor and you get him and Lott.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

March 10, 2017, 07:20:22 AMReply #45

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2017, 07:20:22 AM »
Issue would still imply that it's not supposed to be that way, but as Puerto said, it is; we try to have a pretty broad range of scenario difficulties in the mod since we need to accommodate skilled players all the way up to people who've been playing it for 10+ years  (though we still need to get in our documentation for relative scenario difficulty, even if nobody will read it).

As for Banjeer, capture Commenor and you get him and Lott.
okay got it.

Thrawn's Bug log entry 3:
I had a bug where Zsinj capture Commenor and I still got the heroes form there(playing as Greater Maldrood
Another which people told me plenty of times was that the Antermadias sector forces don't spawn fighters when you fight them.
BTW: Is this a bug. I have Zsinj call Allegiances and Isds hyperspace on top of my forces and instantly cause me to lose many battles
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 07:22:59 AM by AdmrialThrawn2 »
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

March 10, 2017, 11:08:49 AMReply #46

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +18/-6
  • Professional Shut in, Steam Name: Mr.puertorican
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2017, 11:08:49 AM »
okay got it.

Thrawn's Bug log entry 3:
I had a bug where Zsinj capture Commenor and I still got the heroes form there(playing as Greater Maldrood
Another which people told me plenty of times was that the Antermadias sector forces don't spawn fighters when you fight them.
BTW: Is this a bug. I have Zsinj call Allegiances and Isds hyperspace on top of my forces and instantly cause me to lose many battles
The bug you have with commenor is probably a bug, everyone has stated the Antermadias thing and is probably fixed or done on purpose. That last one however I don't think its a bug, just the AI beating you  :P
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

March 10, 2017, 03:56:51 PMReply #47

Offline Pentastar Enforcer

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-2
  • Hi everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2017, 03:56:51 PM »
Dropping a bug here where the game continuously crashes and deletes saves after crashing. Drops an 'exception' error and alt tabs me out of the game. Deleted both my auto save and regular save. Any ideas?
The Galactic Empire - The best thing to happen to the galaxy since Midichlorian counts.

March 10, 2017, 04:59:52 PMReply #48

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2017, 04:59:52 PM »
When does it crash, and are you using the second patched version or an earlier one?
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

March 10, 2017, 05:27:00 PMReply #49

Ty

« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2017, 05:27:00 PM »
When I try to extract, it only extracts art, why?

March 10, 2017, 06:03:36 PMReply #50

Offline Colonel

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2017, 06:03:36 PM »
Hello, I have the gold pack on disk, am running on Windows 10 and have the ram patch. I downloaded the patch 2 version of the demo and unzipped it, placed the data folder in the forces of corruption folder, and put the .bat file in the forces of corruption folder. When I start up the demo I get to the image of the two executors shooting at each other. My mouse I con the becomes the blue ribbon rotating clockwise and i get no further. I have to alt-tab to the tab menu and close the game from there. I then get the "Windows is looking for a solution" and the follow up of it closing the application. I have no idea if its because of the Gold Pack, Windows 10, or something else. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

March 10, 2017, 06:23:46 PMReply #51

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2017, 06:23:46 PM »
When I try to extract, it only extracts art, why?
Did you stop it before it had finished extracting? It takes a while.

Hello, I have the gold pack on disk, am running on Windows 10 and have the ram patch. I downloaded the patch 2 version of the demo and unzipped it, placed the data folder in the forces of corruption folder, and put the .bat file in the forces of corruption folder. When I start up the demo I get to the image of the two executors shooting at each other. My mouse I con the becomes the blue ribbon rotating clockwise and i get no further. I have to alt-tab to the tab menu and close the game from there. I then get the "Windows is looking for a solution" and the follow up of it closing the application. I have no idea if its because of the Gold Pack, Windows 10, or something else. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
You've installed it incorrectly; you basically overwrote your base data, probably removed another necessary file. This video has specific installation instructions:

March 10, 2017, 06:49:36 PMReply #52

Offline Colonel

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2017, 06:49:36 PM »
Did you stop it before it had finished extracting? It takes a while.
You've installed it incorrectly; you basically overwrote your base data, probably removed another necessary file. This video has specific installation instructions:

Thank you so much for the help, the mod works fine. I've been watching your youtube letsplay and was very excited to play the demo!

March 10, 2017, 08:45:54 PMReply #53

• Vice Admiral
  • Hi everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2017, 08:45:54 PM »
When does it crash, and are you using the second patched version or an earlier one?

Randomly when battles and stuff it seems, though I can't say for certain. It's the newest version, and they only things i've fiddled with are the space pop caps cause 'muh big fleet battles'. Not sure if that's causing it, don't see why it would, but yeah.

I'll try to recreate it later tonight, I'll keep you on the up & up via steam once you're back on.
The Galactic Empire - The best thing to happen to the galaxy since Midichlorian counts.

March 10, 2017, 09:46:32 PMReply #54

Offline DarthRevansRevenge

• Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-3
  • Your empire is doomed. Revan has returned
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2017, 09:46:32 PM »

this is that the AI is no longer an idiot, and will bring more stuff until either you or they die, unless they get wise to impenetrable defences and hype out. as for bring it on top of you, that is abit more random. Corey had 3 Bellators attacking the imperial stack of doom, but the AI kept hyping Vindicators in right in the kill box of the Bellator triangle, so, you never know
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

March 11, 2017, 10:19:40 AMReply #55

Ty

« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2017, 10:19:40 AM »
No, it says cannot open archive may be damaged, but it seems to finish.

March 11, 2017, 11:05:05 AMReply #56

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2017, 11:05:05 AM »
Try redownloading. May have been a corrupted download.

March 11, 2017, 11:12:01 AMReply #57

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2017, 11:12:01 AM »
No, it says cannot open archive may be damaged, but it seems to finish.
also make sure you have enough space on your harddrive. Sometimes it gives the same error to that too
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

March 11, 2017, 02:46:48 PMReply #58

• Vice Admiral
  • Hi everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2017, 02:46:48 PM »
Randomly when battles and stuff it seems, though I can't say for certain. It's the newest version, and they only things i've fiddled with are the space pop caps cause 'muh big fleet battles'. Not sure if that's causing it, don't see why it would, but yeah.

I'll try to recreate it later tonight, I'll keep you on the up & up via steam once you're back on.

Got the crash to occur again, this time it happened with the Admiral you get from Commenor in a battle over Kuat - huge battle with all golans built, defending from over 25 gladiator star destroyers and thousands of fighters, as well as a whole support fleet to boot, is the game crashing from just too much?

March 11, 2017, 08:29:10 PMReply #59

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2017, 08:29:10 PM »
Thrawn's Bug log entry 4?:
Played through Zsinj and ran into two things and a minor question.
1: on certain maps with hills the At-et cant really move or shoot so you might want to look into that.
2: melvar doesn't really shoot his cannons much even with infantry in the juggernaut tank.

And my minor question is about something that might be a bug.
Is Lion Banjeer's Quasar suppose to spawn X-wings, Tie Raptors, and Y-wings?
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!