Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Suggestion - Yuuzhan Vong?  (Read 4795 times)

February 17, 2017, 08:12:27 PM

Offline BravoTango

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Suggestion - Yuuzhan Vong?
« on: February 17, 2017, 08:12:27 PM »
Just wanted to throw this out there... but as this team develops the eras up until the Yuuzhan Vong war, has there been any discussion by this team of collaborating with the Yuuzhan Vong At War team to develop the game from that era to potentially the Legacy Era? A consolidated mod that covers everything from after Endor would be pretty cool. Just a suggestion (I have no connections to either project, just someone that enjoys the mod).

February 17, 2017, 08:59:05 PMReply #1

Offline Avarice1987

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-1
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestion - Yuuzhan Vong?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 08:59:05 PM »
Oh man. The Focus of this very good mod is on Imperial Civil War Periode beetween 4 Years After Yavin and 19 Years After Yavin.

I Hope the Mod Team dont Add to many Stuff like the Vong, or Legacy Era. To many of all Destroy the Soul of the Mod. A all in One mod is not good. You can see this on FOC Alliance. To many of all of them.

I Never Like the Vong in SW.

Greetings a loyal ICW Player and Imperial Loyalist :-). Thanks for your Good Work for Empire at War Since 9 years?

February 17, 2017, 09:00:36 PMReply #2

Offline DarthRevansRevenge

• Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-3
  • Your empire is doomed. Revan has returned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 09:00:36 PM »
i can tell you know, that unless future leadership joins the mods/teams together, that won't happen. while it would be a cool mod, the two groups have their different standards and projects. also, all the units don't match up. then, there is the File size of the mods separately. i have spent a lot of time on the YVAW site, and the amount of detail is amazing, but the file size for that probably equals ICW 2.15 or more. added to 2.2, and the game would take forever to load. also, by that point, it would inherit Alliance's tendency to want to always crash. unless the base game engine itself gets another expansion, fixing a all the problems and strengthens it, there is no way it could work, and even then, with the fact that they are different groups, they most likely would never actually merge the mods together.

so, nice idea, but, to take from the movie Princess Bride(awesome movie by the way) "Inconceivable!!!"
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

February 17, 2017, 09:18:35 PMReply #3

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 09:18:35 PM »
I do not think that word means what you think it means...

:D
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

February 17, 2017, 09:28:30 PMReply #4

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 09:28:30 PM »
AAASSS YOOOUUU WWIIIIISSSSSSHHHHH!!!
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

February 17, 2017, 11:25:26 PMReply #5

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2017, 11:25:26 PM »
I can say with pretty much 100% surety there will not be a collaboration between ICW and YVAW teams in that regards. The design philosophies are completely different. Not that one is better or worse, but different. It is impossible to do as you suggest when the teams are looking to go different directions with their mods. Also, ICW has so much already in it at this stage going into 2.2 and beyond, that it would detract from the main focus of the game to throw in more factions and the like.

That being said, if you look through the Ascendancy forums "you will be pleasantly surprised" with what may be coming to that mod. In addition, do some spelunking into the ICW XML files and you'll find a couple interesting units that at one time were planned to have been involved in an fascinating event during Final Imperial Push.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 11:28:40 PM by Revanchist »
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

February 18, 2017, 06:36:42 AMReply #6

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2017, 06:36:42 AM »
The ones before me were right. We don't intend to merge the two mods. The way we stand to the base values are very different.
The most prominent of these as said before are the models. While YVaW tries to put as many details to the model like rotating turrets and such, we want to go to the more simplistic designs to spare the hardware and the game's engine so the mod is accessible with less powerful PCs.
YV has some very detailed models and fancy stuff, but from the looks of it the game will be nothing more than a lagfest if you don't have the newest hardware available.
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

February 18, 2017, 09:54:03 AMReply #7

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2017, 09:54:03 AM »
yeah, that's what I meant. the chance of this every happening are approximately 178,235,021 to....   NEVER TELL ME THE ODDS 

February 19, 2017, 08:51:26 AMReply #8

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2017, 08:51:26 AM »
yeah, that's what I meant. the chance of this every happening are approximately 178,235,021 to....   NEVER TELL ME THE ODDS
okay, you got a laugh out of me.
GG DarthRevansRevenge, GG
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

February 19, 2017, 03:40:53 PMReply #9

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2017, 03:40:53 PM »
your welcome. i enjoyed it too

February 20, 2017, 04:23:55 AMReply #10

Offline Kad_Venku

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2017, 04:23:55 AM »
The ones before me were right. We don't intend to merge the two mods. The way we stand to the base values are very different.
The most prominent of these as said before are the models. While YVaW tries to put as many details to the model like rotating turrets and such, we want to go to the more simplistic designs to spare the hardware and the game's engine so the mod is accessible with less powerful PCs.
YV has some very detailed models and fancy stuff, but from the looks of it the game will be nothing more than a lagfest if you don't have the newest hardware available.

There is no intention of merging the two projects. Both mods - as already said - have completely different design philosophies. Apart from it being technically impossible that is. Merging would mean loosing lots of features from both mods in order to make it work somehow.
No thanks, I'd rather have a superb mod covering the ICW era, and one mod to cover the YV era.

Merging aside, even a collaboration only regarding models wouldn't make sense as described by kucsidave. Even if we did that, one of the teams would always have to completely rework the other teams models which ultimately means that working together on this specific matter would create more work for both teams.

February 20, 2017, 10:53:03 AMReply #11

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2017, 10:53:03 AM »
now, something that might happen, is a Sins of a Solar Empire mod that has the stuff from these mods. maybe a extra mod addon 1 day.

February 20, 2017, 05:42:11 PMReply #12

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2017, 05:42:11 PM »
Just on the basic premise of the thread, if we do Vong stuff, whether it's in Ascendancy or in ICW, it will be made by us; that's always how we've operated. Even looking at Sins, where SoGE, Interregnum and Ascendancy all cover far more similar timelines, we haven't merged teams even though plenty of technical knowledge and whatnot all the time. Mods may be set in the same universe, but the ideas on how to represent that, implement things, and what to design around can be entirely different, as others have brought up in this thread already.

now, something that might happen, is a Sins of a Solar Empire mod that has the stuff from these mods. maybe a extra mod addon 1 day.

This has even less of a chance of happening than a combination of EaW mods. Our main point of divergence with the YVaW team's approach to 3D assets, leaving aside any basic stylistic differences, has been that they use far more polies than we do, which is fine if that's the approach they want to take, but we disagree with it from a performance and optimization perspective. While this is simply an optimization thing in EaW, it actually causes a crash in Sins which has a hard memory limit, making that even less viable. And again, if we want to cover something, our preference is to cover it ourselves.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

February 20, 2017, 09:36:37 PMReply #13

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2017, 09:36:37 PM »
alright fine scratch that

May 23, 2017, 11:12:58 AMReply #14

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2017, 11:12:58 AM »
yes, i'm reviving his, but for those curious minds, you will get Vong After all in ICW, just not without a submod

when the NJO Compilation mod comes out, you will be to play the Vong war for ICW, but while in NJO, you can't play the other campaigns... yet. i might when i'm older rig the two together, but for now they will remain apart

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!