Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: No SSD on the NR side  (Read 1923 times)

February 15, 2017, 08:00:31 PM

gamisou

No SSD on the NR side
« on: February 15, 2017, 08:00:31 PM »
So, when i was playing imperial remnant on the GC map 'Art of War' the NR had "Wedge" a super star destroyer, but when i play NR on the same map i don't get wedge?

February 15, 2017, 08:37:25 PMReply #1

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: No SSD on the NR side
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 08:37:25 PM »
It depends on the Era you're in...Wedge is only available in Era 3+
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

February 15, 2017, 11:28:40 PMReply #2

gamisou

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 11:28:40 PM »
jeez man, its really freakin hard fighting the Imperial Remnant when they have that SSD. Defending 5 fronts plus having to prep for the ssd is crazy hard. Not really sure how to beat her  when they play really aggressive with their SSD

February 16, 2017, 05:10:02 AMReply #3

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 05:10:02 AM »
It really is a matter of luck and witts. Try to lure the SSD onto a planet with an Ion Cannon on the surface. You can knock it's shields down and deactivate all of it's weapons with 1 shot. Like that those bad girls are defenceless to a combined fighter, bomber and capital ship focused fire and you can cripple the SSD. You just have to make sure you can act fast, so you have to wait until the SSD is almost in firing range.
Just keep in mind that the weapon deactivation has a slight delay after the IC shot.
On an another note, SSDs will be slightly nerfed for the upcoming 2.2, so you will have a bit easier time, even with them around
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 05:23:47 AM by kucsidave »
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

February 16, 2017, 10:48:17 AMReply #4

Offline DarthRevansRevenge

• Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-3
  • Your empire is doomed. Revan has returned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 10:48:17 AM »
well... it depends on perspective. while they do not get to build Executors, they get Wedge/Lusankya for most conflicts post-ciutric campaign. they also, in Balance&Flavor Submod, in some GCs, you have a opportunity to capture Guardian. and that is not including the Viscount class Star Defenders, which honestly are more powerful than even Executor
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

February 16, 2017, 02:28:25 PMReply #5

Offline Helix345

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2017, 02:28:25 PM »
NR bombers and fighters are super powerful. Get a bunch of carriers, gain fighter superiority, and bomb the hell out of the ssd.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!