Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: A quick question about some possible IR heroes for ICW 2.2  (Read 1996 times)

February 15, 2017, 04:22:43 AM

Offline Grand Admiral Rufaan Tigellinus

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-0
  • One of the 13
    • View Profile
A quick question about some possible IR heroes for ICW 2.2
« on: February 15, 2017, 04:22:43 AM »
Hi, everyone, this is my first post here. First of all, I wanted to thank Corey and the mod team for the tremendous work that they did on ICW, which is an absolutely fantastic mod. As a Star Wars EU fan of many years, I couldn't have wished for a better representation of that universe in EAW FoC. So, again, thank you all.

What I was curious about, is whether or not a few more Grand Admirals would be added for the IR in Era 1 in 2.2, namely Rufaan Tigellinus and/or Miltin Takel, or maybe people like Trioculus and Grand Moff Bertroff Hissa. I realise that ICW 2.2 is almost done, and that you're already finishing up. In that case, if you didn't plan on including these guys then it's absolutely fine. I was just wondering, but I'm looking forward to 2.2 regardless. Glad to see Peccati Syn added as a Greater Maldrood hero, btw. And once again, thank you for your great work.
"To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Maybe those nihilist philosophers are right; maybe this is all we can expect of the universe, a relentless crushing of life and spirit, because the equilibrium state of the cosmos is death" - Arthur C. Clarke

"We even ignited the first atomic bomb on the day commemorating the transfiguration of Christ, thus unconsciously signaling that we intended likewise to transform the world, not only after the light but after darkness - with a blast that burned several times hotter than the surface of the sun." - Stanislav Grof, "Human Survival and Consciousness Evolution"

February 15, 2017, 12:24:05 PMReply #1

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
Re: A quick question about some possible IR heroes for ICW 2.2
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 12:24:05 PM »
Hi, everyone, this is my first post here. First of all, I wanted to thank Corey and the mod team for the tremendous work that they did on ICW, which is an absolutely fantastic mod. As a Star Wars EU fan of many years, I couldn't have wished for a better representation of that universe in EAW FoC. So, again, thank you all.

What I was curious about, is whether or not a few more Grand Admirals would be added for the IR in Era 1 in 2.2, namely Rufaan Tigellinus and/or Miltin Takel, or maybe people like Trioculus and Grand Moff Bertroff Hissa. I realise that ICW 2.2 is almost done, and that you're already finishing up. In that case, if you didn't plan on including these guys then it's absolutely fine. I was just wondering, but I'm looking forward to 2.2 regardless. Glad to see Peccati Syn added as a Greater Maldrood hero, btw. And once again, thank you for your great work.

While I can't speak for the team, it wouldn't make much sense to add Tigellinus , Hissa or Takel as neither one was affiliated with Isard or the other Warlords, they backed Trioculus in an internal power bid that failed miserably with Takel and Tigellinus being murdered by their comrades very early on with Trioculus and Hissa following them to the grave shortly after. Trioculus himself was a minor slave lord on Kessel with no real power or ties to Isard or Pestage either. The largest ship we see them have is an assault frigate and they traveled together as a group hinting at a severe shortage of outside support, finance or fleet elements. They would basically represent one of the myriad of VERY minor Imperial splinter groups that died out to the larger more potent ones. Grunger and Pitta held more power and significance than the Council of Grand Moffs and both of them also died early on in battle of Tralus without having joined or bested any of the major players.
A Grand Admiral that WOULD make sense to add to the IR early on would be Makati, who remained loyal to the central government and died trying to retake the Corporate Sector(possibly sent on a suicide mission by Isard ironically to remove him as potential threat to her power) Grant, Syn and Thrawn are already in for their respective factions and all the other GAs were dead at this point(or shortly after it) Zaarin died six months before Endor, Declann, Teshik-died at Endor. Il-Raz, Tigellinus, Batch, Takel, Pitta and Grunger died before six months had passed from Endor, Syn and Makati died right at about 1 year after Endor. Grant defected to the NR about this time and Thrawn was doing Thrawn things in the Unknown Regions til five years after Endor when he came back and died before the Year was out.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 12:32:59 PM by Lord Xizer »
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

February 15, 2017, 01:16:51 PMReply #2

Offline Grand Admiral Rufaan Tigellinus

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-0
  • One of the 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 01:16:51 PM »
Yeah, after posting my message I thought about the fact that Trioculus and Hissa would have to be their own faction probably, and that, of course, doesn't have to happen in ICW, since, as you said, they didn't have a significant fleet, and ultimately it's what matters most in the EAW gameplay. I would love to see Makati though, you made some very good points, so I second that. My way of thinking about the addition of Takel was that he was actually among the few GAs who already had a good reputation fighting rebels prior to Endor. But I agree that probably his addition doesn't work timeline-wise, since after Endor the only military action he was involved in was getting beaten by Grunger. Tigellinus is just a peculiar character himself, since he was basically a GA and a Grand Moff at the same time. But yeah, he died pretty early on. Btw, Grunger and Pitta might make decent warlords, since Grunger had an SSD. I know this might be stretching it, as they both died earlier, but so is Syn receiving backup from Maldrood, as that was a NR ruse, and never actually happened. But anyway, if Afsheen could make it into the mod, that would be great. And if not, it still wouldn't make the mod any less atractive to me. I have to say, it's always a pleasure talking to someone who knows his EU lore, especially now, when it seems to have become redundant knowledge to most SW fans. For that reason, I salute you, sir!  ;) Thank you for your time, I hope I haven't distracted you from anything important. And next time I'll do more research before posting  :D
"To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Maybe those nihilist philosophers are right; maybe this is all we can expect of the universe, a relentless crushing of life and spirit, because the equilibrium state of the cosmos is death" - Arthur C. Clarke

"We even ignited the first atomic bomb on the day commemorating the transfiguration of Christ, thus unconsciously signaling that we intended likewise to transform the world, not only after the light but after darkness - with a blast that burned several times hotter than the surface of the sun." - Stanislav Grof, "Human Survival and Consciousness Evolution"

February 15, 2017, 09:11:57 PMReply #3

Offline Pentastar Enforcer

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-2
  • Hi everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 09:11:57 PM »
Where does this put some other heroes like Bounty Hunters and such again?
The Galactic Empire - The best thing to happen to the galaxy since Midichlorian counts.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!