Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Pentastar Alignment Playthrough  (Read 7285 times)

February 04, 2017, 08:44:29 AM

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Pentastar Alignment Playthrough
« on: February 04, 2017, 08:44:29 AM »
As we've just finished the Greater Maldrood playthrough (click right there for the playlist) on my personal channel, I've started a new playthrough as the Pentastar Alignment on the reworked Stars Align GC. In this playthrough, along with general development topics, you'll get to see the new UI in progress, the new Bellator, Procursator, ground combat changes and a look at some other new Pentastar goodies. I'll be posting episodes tuesdays, thursdays and saturdays for those who are interested in seeing more and would like to subscribe. Everything will, of course, also be posted on the forums, Facebook and ModDB as it's done for those who aren't interested in this sort of longer-form content as well; these videos just tend to involve a bit more offhand/in-depth development discussion.

There will be more regular news posts coming up, however as I mentioned in the video, I'm dealing with some family issues at the moment. So far, we don't expect it to delay the demo, but it has temporarily prevented me from releasing some of the regular news posts that we intended
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 08:49:45 AM by Corey »
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

February 04, 2017, 12:54:56 PMReply #1

Offline StarBornMichaelh165

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-6
  • Long Live the United Species Republic.
    • View Profile
    • www.YouTube.com
Re: Pentastar Alignment Playthrough
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 12:54:56 PM »
One Question Corey did you make sore that Jerec didn't have the Vengeance. And their be like two Vengeance Class Super Star Destroyers?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 02:47:17 PM by StarBornMichaelh165 »
Greetings my people and welcome to the United Species Republic. Come and join the Republic that is not Like any Republic you never know before come join today. Oh and check out my YouTube and my Fan Fiction Profile OK Everyone.
 [img] file:///C:/Users/Michael/Pictures/my%20photos/Conqueror_superlaser.jpg [img]

February 04, 2017, 01:43:39 PMReply #2

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 01:43:39 PM »
One Question Corey did you make sore the Jerec didn't have the Vengeance.

I'm sure if you watch it you'll find out.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

February 04, 2017, 02:02:21 PMReply #3

Offline DarthRevansRevenge

• Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-3
  • Your empire is doomed. Revan has returned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 02:02:21 PM »
oh, he did. because Sysco is a 40,000 credit/18 pop hero, which he hasn't yet built. but, honestly, he should do the Bellator first
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

February 04, 2017, 02:49:42 PMReply #4

Offline StarBornMichaelh165

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-6
  • Long Live the United Species Republic.
    • View Profile
    • www.YouTube.com
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2017, 02:49:42 PM »
oh, he did. because Sysco is a 40,000 credit/18 pop hero, which he hasn't yet built. but, honestly, he should do the Bellator first
Yeah and I agree but when the first I see Jerac in the Video he still has 15 populated point so what that about?
Greetings my people and welcome to the United Species Republic. Come and join the Republic that is not Like any Republic you never know before come join today. Oh and check out my YouTube and my Fan Fiction Profile OK Everyone.
 [img] file:///C:/Users/Michael/Pictures/my%20photos/Conqueror_superlaser.jpg [img]

February 04, 2017, 03:33:17 PMReply #5

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2017, 03:33:17 PM »
really? huh, i hadn't noticed that.
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

February 04, 2017, 04:08:28 PMReply #6

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +18/-6
  • Professional Shut in, Steam Name: Mr.puertorican
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2017, 04:08:28 PM »
I'm guessing it was just an accident
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

February 04, 2017, 08:55:37 PMReply #7

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2017, 08:55:37 PM »
your right, it's there. jerec must not be done yet

February 06, 2017, 10:20:57 AMReply #8

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2017, 10:20:57 AM »
Looking good, I'll be on and off for a bit. Wisdom teeth removal and general army annoyances
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

February 06, 2017, 01:58:06 PMReply #9

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2017, 01:58:06 PM »
ouch. sucks

February 08, 2017, 09:43:14 PMReply #10

Offline c7x8z4

• Stormtrooper
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2017, 09:43:14 PM »
Great play through, it was exciting to see the new changes.

I've got a few questions/suggestions.

1. For building turrets, is it possible to also include a faction build pad next to the buildings? That way, the player has a bit more flexibility in choosing turrets to outfit? Also, for production buildings, I suggest adding an associated repair facility. (i.e. barracks get a bacta tank, and vehicle factories get a vehicle repair unit)

2. For space stations, I suggest adding space turret platforms next to the station (kinda like ground buildings). Again, it would be nice if space stations could come with a repair unit to heal starships. Furthermore, I would like to recommend adding back into the game long rang sensors, and gravity well cones for space battles, if possible. Also, any way to increase space slots? Right now, most planets can only support 2x Golan I stations, is there a way to increase the number of slots?

3. For land battles, I would like to advocate for increasing the toughness of indigenous forces. This can be done by simply increasing their number of structures, and slightly buffing their unit stats. This would make them a bit more challenging. For the orbital bombardment, is there a way to improve the graphics of the turbolaser hitting the planet? Right now, the seem somewhat uninspiring. On a related note, when placing the orbital bombardment, I suggest reducing the radius of the orbital bombardment graphic indicator(e.g., the graphic that shows where you would like the bombardment to take place) The radius is currently huge, yet the actual bombardment only really hits the center region.

4. For the land fighter squadron; is that a unit that changes with era? In space, capital ships that carry squadrons change strike craft class (e.g. Imperial strikecraft include tie fighters, interceptors, etc, all depending on current era). Will the ground squadron class change with era as well?

Thanks! This mod is awesome!

February 09, 2017, 10:02:34 AMReply #11

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2017, 10:02:34 AM »
1. For building turrets, is it possible to also include a faction build pad next to the buildings? That way, the player has a bit more flexibility in choosing turrets to outfit? Also, for production buildings, I suggest adding an associated repair facility. (i.e. barracks get a bacta tank, and vehicle factories get a vehicle repair unit)

Build pads are distinct from turrets. Putting a build pad on buildings may be possible because of how MDUs work, but I don't know for sure; the turrets are just regular hardpoints, not build pads, and things like bacta and repair stations work differently from that as well. If that did work, it would still cause issues with orbital bombardment and bombing runs, since they only would destroy the hardpoints (which is why turrets on the building are not not separately targetable).

2. For space stations, I suggest adding space turret platforms next to the station (kinda like ground buildings). Again, it would be nice if space stations could come with a repair unit to heal starships.

Individual turrets would be essentially useless, that's why Golans exist. Having a turret on a building on ground makes sense because ground units tend to only have one or two weapons, but a single space turret in an environment where even the smallest ships have about 20 built in wouldn't be useful.

Also, any way to increase space slots? Right now, most planets can only support 2x Golan I stations, is there a way to increase the number of slots?
Some planets have two, others go up to five.

3. For land battles, I would like to advocate for increasing the toughness of indigenous forces. This can be done by simply increasing their number of structures, and slightly buffing their unit stats. This would make them a bit more challenging.
Now that regular infantry can run and shoot, we may end up using that as the differentiation and therefore be able to buff the actual stats of indigenous units up to regular infantry.

For the orbital bombardment, is there a way to improve the graphics of the turbolaser hitting the planet? Right now, the seem somewhat uninspiring. On a related note, when placing the orbital bombardment, I suggest reducing the radius of the orbital bombardment graphic indicator(e.g., the graphic that shows where you would like the bombardment to take place) The radius is currently huge, yet the actual bombardment only really hits the center region.

It can actually hit the edges just as much as it can hit the center. Our goal with this was to have some actual difference between bombing runs and orbital bombardments. Bombing runs are more precise, orbital bombardments you use if you want to kill a lot within an area, but you're not guaranteed to hit any specific target. Their function is basically the same otherwise in the base game. The reason for the graphics being a bit less impressive for the individual shots is related to that. In the base game, they were using all the particles essentially for that one burst, and could cover stuff up within it. In the mod, we had to cover more shots without causing the game to lag because of too many particles. People have repeatedly complained about this though, so we're likely just reverting back to the samey OBs/Bombing runs from before we changed them.

4. For the land fighter squadron; is that a unit that changes with era? In space, capital ships that carry squadrons change strike craft class (e.g. Imperial strikecraft include tie fighters, interceptors, etc, all depending on current era). Will the ground squadron class change with era as well?

No, the fighters changing between eras in space is tied to the carrier, on ground it's the opposite. You'd have to make an entirely different unit for a different ground versions, so the game can't really replace that between eras very efficiently. The stuff being used on ground tends to be things that don't go out of style anyways (X-Wings, TIE Fighters)

I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!