Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Space battles not initiating after killing remnants leader  (Read 1536 times)

January 21, 2017, 09:16:38 PM

VirusDude

Space battles not initiating after killing remnants leader
« on: January 21, 2017, 09:16:38 PM »
Hi i have this problem where you cant pause the game, start space battles and when you try for a ground battle it happens in space with transports.

This started happening after i killed the SSD lady from the remnant faction, isard? I think i'm on the art of war map if that matters... also playing the empire of the hand

seriously no idea whats going on plox halp!

January 23, 2017, 05:23:51 AMReply #1

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
Re: Space battles not initiating after killing remnants leader
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 05:23:51 AM »
I encountered this as well a few times before, the only problem that I did it in the vanila game. It is a problem with the engine itself I believe. As much as I figured it only comes out if you press the pause button at the very same microsecond a space/ground battle would commence and the engine can't handle it, since it would pause the GC for the battle anyway, and an another pause order came in. this makes it do all sorts of weirdness and sadly there is no fixing it.
You should load a save game from before the bug or start a new game.
Sorry m8.
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

January 23, 2017, 11:30:12 AMReply #2

VIRUSDUDE

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 11:30:12 AM »
Ah I see that sucks seen as I don't actually have a previous save well that'll learn me anyways. Thanks very much for the help it's greatly appreciated I shall just start again and use separate saves  :P

January 23, 2017, 12:33:38 PMReply #3

Offline DarthRevansRevenge

• Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-3
  • Your empire is doomed. Revan has returned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 12:33:38 PM »
that is helpful to keep in mind for when i play thanks
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!