Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Some Observations and Suggestions after Playing Vanilla  (Read 6765 times)

January 18, 2017, 10:12:32 PM

Offline Aeradom

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Some Observations and Suggestions after Playing Vanilla
« on: January 18, 2017, 10:12:32 PM »
Recently, my modded game stopped working for reasons that I've since resolved (for the most part). It took me a couple of days though to do it. In the intervening time, I decided to just plan vanilla and have a go at it. I wasn't quite prepared for just how different the two of them were! There was a lot of stuff that I preferred from the mod, but there was also a few things that I'm curious as to why they aren't in the game. I've only played through the Art of War mode so far so maybe some of these features show up elsewhere. And I'm sure some of these things have been talked about in the past but I couldn't find it.

1) I'm not overly fond for how the hero system seems to work. I looked in the guide for some direction as to what each person's primary role was but it's not overtly obvious to me. Where this means the most to me is when commanding armies or fleets. I really liked having those bonuses in the base game. So I was disappointed when I discovered I couldn't create Fleet Admirals or Generals. I'm curious as to why that is and also as to a list of what leaders provide those battle bonuses. Or does it happened as long as a hero is present?

2) This next one might just be because I was playing on the largest map and you didn't want to have to deal with it there and that is Planetary Bonuses. Granted I didn't make my strategic plans based solely off of capturing certain planets. But it was really cool to use it to specialize my fleet. Like when playing the Rebel fleet you started out with increased shields and firepower on the fighters. It doesn't have to be on every planet like it is in the base game and in fact, I'd prefer it not to be as it decreases the value of the others. Make the bonuses really valuable and obtainable in only one spot. And you can even do like you do with Mon Calamari and Kuat where you have to purchase the upgrade.

3) More varied maps! Now I'm not saying that you need to make more maps per say, but it would be nice to not be fighting the same battle map in the core area. It got to the point that it became a rhythm of Capture Strategic Point, Capture the Sensor Array, Sends strike squad to take out shield generator by taking the secret path, Mop up with tank swarm (using bombers to soften the AT-AT's). It felt like I fought on this particular map five times in a row, or close to it. It I didn't see the map so much then it wouldn't have bothered me.

4) I really like how this mod handles technology because it's just silly to be sending out droids to steal and what not. But one thing that does bug me about the way the tech system works is how it will remove stuff that I feel is still useful. Say the snow speeders that were super effective against AT-ATs. While I like the V-Wings (and they saved my ass on one planet where the guy had six fighters), that doesn't mean the Snowspeeders don't have a place. Or how the Y-Wing just goes away when to my knowledge, there's not another Proton-Torpedo capable bomber the Rebels have.

Those are all nitpicks and just to reiterate, I love this mod. These are just things I was looking for clarification on.

January 18, 2017, 10:58:48 PMReply #1

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Some Observations and Suggestions after Playing Vanilla
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 10:58:48 PM »
Recently, my modded game stopped working for reasons that I've since resolved (for the most part). It took me a couple of days though to do it. In the intervening time, I decided to just plan vanilla and have a go at it. I wasn't quite prepared for just how different the two of them were! There was a lot of stuff that I preferred from the mod, but there was also a few things that I'm curious as to why they aren't in the game. I've only played through the Art of War mode so far so maybe some of these features show up elsewhere. And I'm sure some of these things have been talked about in the past but I couldn't find it.

1) I'm not overly fond for how the hero system seems to work. I looked in the guide for some direction as to what each person's primary role was but it's not overtly obvious to me. Where this means the most to me is when commanding armies or fleets. I really liked having those bonuses in the base game. So I was disappointed when I discovered I couldn't create Fleet Admirals or Generals. I'm curious as to why that is and also as to a list of what leaders provide those battle bonuses. Or does it happened as long as a hero is present?

2) This next one might just be because I was playing on the largest map and you didn't want to have to deal with it there and that is Planetary Bonuses. Granted I didn't make my strategic plans based solely off of capturing certain planets. But it was really cool to use it to specialize my fleet. Like when playing the Rebel fleet you started out with increased shields and firepower on the fighters. It doesn't have to be on every planet like it is in the base game and in fact, I'd prefer it not to be as it decreases the value of the others. Make the bonuses really valuable and obtainable in only one spot. And you can even do like you do with Mon Calamari and Kuat where you have to purchase the upgrade.

3) More varied maps! Now I'm not saying that you need to make more maps per say, but it would be nice to not be fighting the same battle map in the core area. It got to the point that it became a rhythm of Capture Strategic Point, Capture the Sensor Array, Sends strike squad to take out shield generator by taking the secret path, Mop up with tank swarm (using bombers to soften the AT-AT's). It felt like I fought on this particular map five times in a row, or close to it. It I didn't see the map so much then it wouldn't have bothered me.

4) I really like how this mod handles technology because it's just silly to be sending out droids to steal and what not. But one thing that does bug me about the way the tech system works is how it will remove stuff that I feel is still useful. Say the snow speeders that were super effective against AT-ATs. While I like the V-Wings (and they saved my ass on one planet where the guy had six fighters), that doesn't mean the Snowspeeders don't have a place. Or how the Y-Wing just goes away when to my knowledge, there's not another Proton-Torpedo capable bomber the Rebels have.

Those are all nitpicks and just to reiterate, I love this mod. These are just things I was looking for clarification on.

1.  AI loved to spam them.  You'd get fleets of 40 fleet commanders with no other ships, etc.  It was horrible, so the team removed them.  I fairly certain the manual gives the fleet bonuses that any hero gives the attached fleet in combat.

2.  Never really liked this, so never missed it.  Someone else will have to comment more as to the reasoning.

3.  2.2 is addressing this.

4.  It's not a tech system anymore.  It's an era system.  So things that weren't used often, whether due to losing the company that produced it, something else replacing it, or just the ruling powers at the time bias against it is reflected in said era system.  Also, B-Wings carry proton torpedo's, and I THINK E-wings as well.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

January 18, 2017, 11:00:13 PMReply #2

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 11:00:13 PM »

The manual has a complete rundown of all hero command bonuses, and in 2.2 they'll be listed in the description. Almost every hero has a command bonus of some form, which occurs automatically in battle, exactly like in the base game. The reason the buildable minor heroes were removed was because the AI would build stacks of several hundred, to the exclusion of any other unit. The ground ones we've sort of snuck back in in 2.2 with the commanders which come from infantry platoons.

We're re-evaluating some of them in 2.2 to use one or two extra ones, but there's not much there to begin with. For one thing, high credit value planets are still worth a lot of credits, but that's not listed as a "bonus" in the mod per se. Plenty of planets still have base stealth like Kashyyyk did. Production bonuses still exist, but we typically do them in a different way, namely the corporations. There are 233 planets spread across 20 GCs, so you can easily end up with one faction having a ton of bonuses in one GC and the others not having any.

We're mixing more of the vanilla maps back in, and removing some of the worse mod maps. Even before now though, we've not used any particular map on more than 5-7 planets out of 233 total that I'm aware of. In 2.2 it's typically two or three planets per map, with the most being 5, but again, this is a function of there being 233 planets and only so many possible maps. The maps also tend to have to fit the planet type, and the rich core worlds tend to be similar planet types, which were less common in the base game and also which are by far the most time intensive maps to create, which means you're more likely to come across the same map a bit more in that area.

The build bar is only so big, and stuff was only used for so long in the lore (because, keep in mind, the era system is not strictly a tech system). While Snowspeeders do offer a unique way to take down AT-ATs, that single unit interaction isn't really enough to justify them sticking around. As far as Y-Wings go, there are plenty of options for torpedoes. The B-Wing and K-Wing are both actually better bombers than the Y-Wing while still having anti-fighter capabilities, and E/X-Wings both can use proton torps as well. The A-Wing and Defender are actually the only NR starfighters I can think of that don't use proton torps. The Y-Wing had been phased out in the lore, and entirely outclassed ingame.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

January 19, 2017, 04:43:13 AMReply #3

Offline Aeradom

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 04:43:13 AM »
1.  AI loved to spam them.  You'd get fleets of 40 fleet commanders with no other ships, etc.  It was horrible, so the team removed them.  I fairly certain the manual gives the fleet bonuses that any hero gives the attached fleet in combat.

The manual has a complete rundown of all hero command bonuses, and in 2.2 they'll be listed in the description. Almost every hero has a command bonus of some form, which occurs automatically in battle, exactly like in the base game. The reason the buildable minor heroes were removed was because the AI would build stacks of several hundred, to the exclusion of any other unit. The ground ones we've sort of snuck back in in 2.2 with the commanders which come from infantry platoons.

The manual only says that they are heroes and where they are used. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only heroes that give bonuses are the ones with the glowy circle around them? If all heroes will grant that morale bonus then I'm good as I can easily figure out where people go.

2.  Never really liked this, so never missed it.  Someone else will have to comment more as to the reasoning.

We're re-evaluating some of them in 2.2 to use one or two extra ones, but there's not much there, to begin with. For one thing, high credit value planets are still worth a lot of credits, but that's not listed as a "bonus" in the mod per se. Plenty of planets still has base stealth like Kashyyyk did. Production bonuses still exist, but we typically do them in a different way, namely the corporations. There are 233 planets spread across 20 GCs, so you can easily end up with one faction having a ton of bonuses in one GC and the others not having any.

I suppose that's right. I get that the high credit thing you can tell from the number itself, but it's nice to be able to quickly glance at the region to see the icon without having to compare it with everything else. Maybe I'm just a visual type of guy and like to see those icons.

3.  2.2 is addressing this.

We're mixing more of the vanilla maps back in, and removing some of the worse mod maps. Even before now, though, we've not used any particular map on more than 5-7 planets out of 233 total that I'm aware of. In 2.2 it's typically two or three planets per map, with the most being 5, but again, this is a function of there being 233 planets and only so many possible maps. The maps also tend to have to fit the planet type, and the rich core worlds tend to be similar planet types, which were less common in the base game and also which are by far the most time intensive maps to create, which means you're more likely to come across the same map a bit more in that area.

To be fair it probably was a bit of an exaggeration but I'm sure I saw the map from Corulag several times in that condensed area. Again, it's not that it repeats that's what bothersome but seeing it again so soon. But it seems like it's being addressed so that's nice to know.

4.  It's not a tech system anymore.  It's an era system.  So things that weren't used often, whether due to losing the company that produced it, something else replacing it, or just the ruling powers at the time bias against it is reflected in said era system.  Also, B-Wings carry proton torpedo's, and I THINK E-wings as well.

The build bar is only so big, and stuff was only used for so long in the lore (because keep in mind, the era system is not strictly a tech system). While Snowspeeders do offer a unique way to take down AT-ATs, that single unit interaction isn't really enough to justify them sticking around. As far as Y-Wings go, there are plenty of options for torpedoes. The B-Wing and K-Wing are both actually better bombers than the Y-Wing while still having anti-fighter capabilities, and E/X-Wings both can use proton torps as well. The A-Wing and Defender are actually the only NR starfighters I can think of that don't use proton torps. The Y-Wing had been phased out in the lore and entirely outclassed game.

Y-Wing was probably a bad example, I'll grant you that one. Speaking of starfighters, though, something that is quite frustrating is trying to figure out which one is better than another. Take the X-Wing and E-Wing for instance; according to the manual, the X-Wing has 4 laser cannons and 2 proton torpedos whereas the E-Wing has 3 laser cannons and 1 proton (keep wanting to say the photon) torpedo. The manual does talk about more advanced technology, but what does that mean? Are they more accurate when they attack? And while we're on the subject, is it possible to get more information on these vehicles that fit similar roles? For instance, getting armor and hit point values would be great to know when purchasing ships to find out which is the hardier.

I'm glad @Corey you brought up the era system because I do have one issue with it. Don't misunderstand me; I much prefer this way of doing things compared to the base game. But how about removing some build options that have been superseded. It would make things less confusing for me, say when I'm trying to determine which of these light frigates (Corellian Corvette, Corellian Gunship, Sachseen). This goes back to the issue of above where it gets really tough to tell which one is ultimately better. I know the manual outlines their weaponry and what they do against particular targets (appreciate that), it still is a lot of work that could be taken care of by decommissioning one of the older ships. Like is it really necessary to be able to build the Nebulon B-Frigate when the Nebulon B-2 is available?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 04:45:42 AM by Aeradom »

January 19, 2017, 12:50:56 PMReply #4

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 12:50:56 PM »
The manual only says that they are heroes and where they are used. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only heroes that give bonuses are the ones with the glowy circle around them? If all heroes will grant that morale bonus then I'm good as I can easily figure out where people go.
There's a chapter later on in the manual listing all the abilities and bonuses for units and heroes in table form.  I may revisit this for the 2.2 version (but no promises).

To be fair it probably was a bit of an exaggeration but I'm sure I saw the map from Corulag several times in that condensed area. Again, it's not that it repeats that's what bothersome but seeing it again so soon. But it seems like it's being addressed so that's nice to know.
I just had to go double check this.  In 2.1 the ground map from Corulag was used on three planets out of 145: Corulag, Morishim and Talfaglio.  I think the distribution of planets using the map (in galactic/GC terms) may have more to do with it than pure frequency.

And while we're on the subject, is it possible to get more information on these vehicles that fit similar roles? For instance, getting armor and hit point values would be great to know when purchasing ships to find out which is the hardier.
Armour and hitpoint data has been requested before, but that's a lot of additional information to include in an area which is frequently subject to change (i.e. lots of work to maintain).
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

January 19, 2017, 02:20:03 PMReply #5

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 02:20:03 PM »
There's a chapter later on in the manual listing all the abilities and bonuses for units and heroes in table form.  I may revisit this for the 2.2 version (but no promises).

Page 121/122 specifically, though it's also gonna be ingame in 2.2 either way.

I just had to go double check this.  In 2.1 the ground map from Corulag was used on three planets out of 145: Corulag, Morishim and Talfaglio.  I think the distribution of planets using the map (in galactic/GC terms) may have more to do with it than pure frequency.

I honestly wouldn't say it's that condensed; this is the distribution. You probably just got unlucky in which battles you ended up doing in a row.

I'm glad @Corey you brought up the era system because I do have one issue with it. Don't misunderstand me; I much prefer this way of doing things compared to the base game. But how about removing some build options that have been superseded. It would make things less confusing for me, say when I'm trying to determine which of these light frigates (Corellian Corvette, Corellian Gunship, Sachseen). This goes back to the issue of above where it gets really tough to tell which one is ultimately better. I know the manual outlines their weaponry and what they do against particular targets (appreciate that), it still is a lot of work that could be taken care of by decommissioning one of the older ships. Like is it really necessary to be able to build the Nebulon B-Frigate when the Nebulon B-2 is available?

Certain ships are left in, even though they're older or outclassed by some time, because Empire at War's strength is at least partially its narrative aspects. We removed one ship 7 years ago because it was too similar to another ship that became available at the same time, and people have literally not stopped asking about it since. So, as long as they don't preclude the inclusion of other newer things by clogging the build bar, as long as they were still used inc anon there are some ships we let stick around because there are people who want to build them so they can have a "canon" version of a certain fleet or battle. Otherwise, you'd literally never have ships like the Nebulon-B or the ISD-I. In Ascendancy, our sins mod, which is less narrative and more gameplay focused, that's less of an issue (hence only including one ship per role). As we've said in a few places, we're doing more documentation as it becomes possible in 2.2, however there are always going to be some stats we can't list without basically just pasting the unit code in the manual so in some cases less information is more and players are better off using experimentation to see which units they prefer. Giving too much information can turn off players looking for basic information, and also be much harder to retain. We likely won't go too far beyond adding health and shields. It's probably more suitable for the wiki. Accuracy, for example, isn't just determined per ship, it's per each weapon on each ship. For an example in the potential problems of an infodump making it harder for people to find the basic relevant information, the hero bonuses we've already addressed, but the information we've already given in the manual should also address some of what you've said even here; with the three examples that you've given there (DR90, DP20 and Sacheen) none of those really do the same thing; while they're all smaller, even their armaments are very different. One's pure anti-fighter (CR90), one's decent anti-fighter and anti-ship (DP20) and the other has heavy turbolasers and an ion cannon, with only one laser cannon (which makes it pretty bad anti-fighter) while also carrying a fighter squadron (Sacheen).
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 02:41:29 PM by Corey »
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

January 19, 2017, 03:52:23 PMReply #6

Offline Aeradom

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2017, 03:52:23 PM »

Page 121/122 specifically, though it's also gonna be in game in 2.2 either way.

Holy cow, there it is! I'll tell you why I kept missing it was because I'd just look in the faction chapter for the information as the heroes are listed out there. I guess it's a mute point as you are doing it in 2.2, but I think it be more intuitive if in the manual the abilities were listed with the appropriate chapters. But like I said, probably not worth it at this point.

I honestly wouldn't say it's that condensed; this is the distribution. You probably just got unlucky in which battles you ended up doing in a row.

Before ending the game out of boredom (was playing on normal as it was the first time) I mostly waged a ground campaign in the Core region. Part of the reason it might have felt like I did it more was that I was crashing and having to reload a lot so I apologize.

Armour and hitpoint data has been requested before, but that's a lot of additional information to include in an area which is frequently subject to change (i.e. lots of work to maintain).

As we've said in a few places, we're doing more documentation as it becomes possible in 2.2, however there are always going to be some stats we can't list without basically just pasting the unit code in the manual so in some cases less information is more and players are better off using experimentation to see which units they prefer. Giving too much information can turn off players looking for basic information, and also be much harder to retain. We likely won't go too far beyond adding health and shields.

I can sympathize with that, but perhaps I have a compromise. Instead of worrying about the exact figures that are often in flux, what about a more vague idea in comparison with others in the class. I assume that while the numbers might change in general a Nebulon B-2 Frigate will be superior to a Nebulon B Frigate. So for example, let's say that if you look at the list of frigates (sorted by hitpoint value) and see that the one in the middle is the Nebulon B-2 Frigate. This would make this frigate "average" and you work from there. So like, the Nebulon B Frigate would be "below average". This sort of organizing would be more helpful for players anyways as you can tell at a glance if a ship would be an upgrade and just how much so. I also think it look better in the UI. It could be done in a wiki and would be something I'd be happy to do myself but someone would have to help me in reading the list and accessing it.

Also, your description of the different corvettes was extremely helpful! I have been stuck attempting to figure out which one to fill the anti-starfighter role and assumed the gunship was superior as it had concussive missiles (I looked at the manual and it said that those missiles are better than lasers against strike craft). Perhaps along with the armor and hitpoint, have two more sections for anti-starfighter and anti-ship (or something to that effect). This would be immensely helpful in allowing players to identify areas the fleet is weak in and look to address those inadequacies.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 03:57:42 PM by Aeradom »

January 19, 2017, 04:15:16 PMReply #7

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2017, 04:15:16 PM »
Holy cow, there it is! I'll tell you why I kept missing it was because I'd just look in the faction chapter for the information as the heroes are listed out there. I guess it's a mute point as you are doing it in 2.2, but I think it be more intuitive if in the manual the abilities were listed with the appropriate chapters. But like I said, probably not worth it at this point.

It's the kind of thing that's usually listed in appendices because comparisons are generally easier that way; the table of contents also directly references the hero bonus section.

what about a more vague idea in comparison with others in the class. I assume that while the numbers might change in general a Nebulon B-2 Frigate will be superior to a Nebulon B Frigate. So for example, let's say that if you look at the list of frigates (sorted by hitpoint value) and see that the one in the middle is the Nebulon B-2 Frigate. This would make this frigate "average" and you work from there. So like, the Nebulon B Frigate would be "below average". This sort of organizing would be more helpful for players anyways as you can tell at a glance if a ship would be an upgrade and just how much so. I also think it look better in the UI.

That's not as simple as you may think. Things are either put into row 0 or row 1 (bottom or top) and they're filtered in in the order the files are read. Typically this means the units are grouped by class, but if you have them ordered by health, and then you lock out some units or unlock others, that row shifts and it's out of order. If you try to say all light frigates are on one row with all heavy frigates, then all fighters buildings, capitals on the next row, you end up pushing things off the build bar. Especially if you're using variants that are in another file (ie, when we make Hapan ships buildable), which means they're in the order that file is read relative to the other file. Listing the total shield and hull strength should be more than enough, but documentation is usually one of the last things we do.

Also, your description of the different corvettes was extremely helpful! I have been stuck attempting to figure out which one to fill the anti-starfighter role and assumed the gunship was superior as it had concussive missiles (I looked at the manual and it said that those missiles are better than lasers against strike craft). Perhaps along with the armor and hitpoint, have two more sections for anti-starfighter and anti-ship (or something to that effect). This would be immensely helpful in allowing players to identify areas the fleet is weak in and look to address those inadequacies.

Lasers and missiles are both good anti-fighter. Missiles are better, but missiles also typically have higher cooldowns that make them better upfront damage and worse for fighting waves of fighters.

January 19, 2017, 05:19:50 PMReply #8

Offline Pali

• Tester
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +39/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2017, 05:19:50 PM »
The Nebulon B2 isn't necessarily better than the basic Nebulon B - it is a better tank and ship-ship combatant, but it lacks fighters while the Neb-b has two squadrons.  The Neb-B is a multi role ship, serving as a decent light carrier and light frigate, while the B2 is a strong frigate.

January 19, 2017, 07:17:51 PMReply #9

Offline DarthRevansRevenge

• Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-3
  • Your empire is doomed. Revan has returned
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2017, 07:17:51 PM »
since you displayed the current map, what does the map look like for 2.2?
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

January 19, 2017, 07:24:09 PMReply #10

Offline GreyStar

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +11/-4
  • The Rival Defender
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2017, 07:24:09 PM »
The Nebulon B has weak armament but is capable of extreme long range fire (about the same range as the Majestic so longer then any other Republic light or heavy frigate, but not as insane as the Preator or a Golan) so it provies good support if used as a carrier, and power to shields prevents it's destruction (against humans, AI target anything that uses power to shields, ironically making the Neb Bs not very good tanks in my experience.) However it carries an X-Wing and a Y-Wing squadron making it a great multipurpose light carrier.

The B2 has stronger hull and shielding, in addition to a concussion missile launcher (and maybe stronger guns, not sure) at the cost of hangar space. So the end result is something that's basically a slightly stronger Assault Frigate, but the Assault Frigate lacks power to shields and has a weaker hull (maybe) but at the very least carries 2 X-Wing squadrons.

So the B2 has zero reason to use, unless of course you're Zijni.

Meanwhile, the CR90 has loads of lasers on it. The DP20 has less lasers and concussion missiles but fires slower. But has unlimited Power to Engines. My recomendation is using the CR90 for when the Empire is launching massive amounts of TIEs (Eras 1-3, 3 espically with the MTC and Executors) but I recommend switching to the DP20 if you feel the Empire is using too powerful fighters (replacing anti-Fighter intended Carriers or Lancers with TIE Defenders for example, or in Era 4, or 5 espically with the preybird.) Or for use against the Empire of the Hand.

January 19, 2017, 07:42:51 PMReply #11

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2017, 07:42:51 PM »
since you displayed the current map, what does the map look like for 2.2?

Don't wanna bring this too far off topic, but since you asked. The fancy front-end one for promo material/manual isn't fully setup yet, so here's the galaxy plot with all current planets as the Galactic Conquest editor we're making currently displays them:

January 19, 2017, 09:20:35 PMReply #12

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2017, 09:20:35 PM »
oh, this is amazing. can you post the Galacactic maps and conquests in a place easy to find? another thread of course. tangent over.
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

January 19, 2017, 09:57:34 PMReply #13

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2017, 09:57:34 PM »
The Era Breakdown GC posts all have maps of the conquests.

January 20, 2017, 12:35:04 PMReply #14

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2017, 12:35:04 PM »
What's that Pokemon? Struggling to decide between Gligar, Roselia and Haunter! :P

« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 12:47:32 PM by Slornie »
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

January 20, 2017, 12:37:54 PMReply #15

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2017, 12:37:54 PM »
really slornie?

January 20, 2017, 12:41:01 PMReply #16

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2017, 12:41:01 PM »
Pretty sure it's Roselia.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

January 20, 2017, 12:42:24 PMReply #17

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2017, 12:42:24 PM »
lol :):):):):)

January 20, 2017, 09:31:56 PMReply #18

Offline Aeradom

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2017, 09:31:56 PM »
It's the kind of thing that's usually listed in appendices because comparisons are generally easier that way; the table of contents also directly references the hero bonus section.

While I get what you are saying, I don't really care much about the Imperial Remnants heroes when playing the New Republic. Besides, you already have a section devoted to the factions heroes so it just makes sense to me. Might just be me, though.

That's not as simple as you may think. Things are either put into row 0 or row 1 (bottom or top) and they're filtered in in the order the files are read. Typically this means the units are grouped by class, but if you have them ordered by health, and then you lock out some units or unlock others, that row shifts and it's out of order. If you try to say all light frigates are on one row with all heavy frigates, then all fighters buildings, capitals on the next row, you end up pushing things off the build bar. Especially if you're using variants that are in another file (ie, when we make Hapan ships buildable), which means they're in the order that file is read relative to the other file. Listing the total shield and hull strength should be more than enough, but documentation is usually one of the last things we do.

Wasn't exactly what I was talking about. I meant more like in the blurb that usually accompanies them saying what they are strong or weak against having it there. However, if you are going to have shields and hull strength, then I'm game with that. I just know how that can fluctuate and be looking for a way to make it easier to get to the information.

Pretty sure it's Roselia.

I don't know... what's the one that looks like ice cream? I think it's that one!

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!