Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Poll

Should the third Remnant tech branch be Daala, or Zsinj?

Admiral Daala
35 (76.1%)
Warlord Zsinj
11 (23.9%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author Topic: Community Poll: Daala vs Zsinj  (Read 18865 times)

January 18, 2017, 09:14:08 PMReply #20

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +18/-6
  • Professional Shut in, Steam Name: Mr.puertorican
    • View Profile
Re: Community Poll: Daala vs Zsinj
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2017, 09:14:08 PM »
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

January 18, 2017, 09:14:35 PMReply #21

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2017, 09:14:35 PM »
I vote Dalla, because revan said he wanted Zinji.
Talk about spite lol.
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

January 18, 2017, 09:29:10 PMReply #22

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2017, 09:29:10 PM »
Gotta say, this is not how we thought this would go.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

January 18, 2017, 10:23:43 PMReply #23

Offline DarthRevansRevenge

• Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-3
  • Your empire is doomed. Revan has returned
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2017, 10:23:43 PM »
I vote Dalla, because revan said he wanted Zinji.

Talk about spite lol.

spite fest 101, eh, Helix? watch your back, or i'll find where you live. JK

though, i'm saying this right now, this is NOT a palce to torture people. it is a place to discuss mods. keep it clean and courteous PLEASE
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

January 18, 2017, 10:57:56 PMReply #24

Offline lordoflinks

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2017, 10:57:56 PM »
I guess it was just a vocal minority that wanted Zsinj.
All your words are but to say: you are a woman, and your part is in the house. But when the men have died in battle and honour, you have leave to be burned in the house, for the men will need it no more. But I am of the House of Eorl and not a serving-woman. I can ride and wield blade, and I do not fear either pain or death.

But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Éomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him.

My avatar is Romana from Doctor Who, one of my favorite characters in all of fiction

January 19, 2017, 12:14:17 AMReply #25

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2017, 12:14:17 AM »

You'll find we're full of surprises.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

January 19, 2017, 02:08:52 AMReply #26

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2017, 02:08:52 AM »
When do you think you're going to close voting. Because it'll be awkward if Zsinj takes over when Daala is already half way through development

January 19, 2017, 02:22:27 AMReply #27

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2017, 02:22:27 AM »
We're happy to leave it open until we get to the point where we have to make a decision to code that bit in. If it suddenly swaps, that's not a huge deal for us; we're looking for opinions, but this isn't binding or anything. If we decide it's absolutely best, we could even decide to go with Isard or something.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

January 19, 2017, 02:27:27 AMReply #28

Offline lordoflinks

• Stormtrooper Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2017, 02:27:27 AM »
Not Isard! Not Isard!

In all seriousness unless we get a massive outpouring of support for Zsinj, I doubt he will come out on top.
All your words are but to say: you are a woman, and your part is in the house. But when the men have died in battle and honour, you have leave to be burned in the house, for the men will need it no more. But I am of the House of Eorl and not a serving-woman. I can ride and wield blade, and I do not fear either pain or death.

But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Éomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him.

My avatar is Romana from Doctor Who, one of my favorite characters in all of fiction

January 19, 2017, 02:42:42 PMReply #29

Offline Samurai_Apocalypse

• Stormtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2017, 02:42:42 PM »
Zsinj and the Iron Fist are way cool - Really enjoy him in Interregnum, BUT as much as I dislike Daala's character she was there from almost the beginning of the EU until the end.  Would I rather have the Iron Fist and Razor's Kiss smash the NR? Yes!  Daala just makes more sense  :(

January 19, 2017, 06:48:33 PMReply #30

Offline Helix345

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2017, 06:48:33 PM »
Talk about spite lol.

Just to clarify, I actually do want Dalla more, I just saw Revan's post and thought I would tease him a tad.

January 19, 2017, 07:09:35 PMReply #31

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2017, 07:09:35 PM »
that is fine. my statement still stands, and i HATE Daala. Zsinj is a nicer choice in my opinion. i want Iron Fist protected by Raptors, not Knight Hammer with red VSDs.(though it would be cool). unless a warlord faction comes out(extraordinarily unlikely) then i will stick with Zsinj in IR. also, the PA doesn't count, they are their own government.
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

January 19, 2017, 08:01:02 PMReply #32

Offline Helix345

• Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2017, 08:01:02 PM »
I think that Daala had a more significant impact on the empire, and she gets the maw installation, which to me, makes more sense for research focus. Red VSD's would be more interesting and useful than tie raptors in my opinion as well.

January 20, 2017, 12:19:40 PMReply #33

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2017, 12:19:40 PM »
Maybe if Daala joins the Imperial Remnant line-up a similar deal could be done for Zsinj in future with the Pentastar Alignment faction - rename it Independent Imperial Conclaves and have Kaine and Zsinj tracks! :angel:
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

January 20, 2017, 12:21:43 PMReply #34

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2017, 12:21:43 PM »
No Warlords or other groups in any way fit with the rest of the PA tech tree.

January 20, 2017, 12:39:49 PMReply #35

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2017, 12:39:49 PM »
that's what i thought, and you said there is not going to be another imperial faction, that's why i went zsinj

January 21, 2017, 04:27:03 PMReply #36

Offline Helix345

• Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2017, 04:27:03 PM »
I'm okay with not having warlords in ascendancy. They didn't really build empires, they stole chunks from the empire.

January 23, 2017, 12:40:18 PMReply #37

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2017, 12:40:18 PM »
i kinda wish there were, but more interesting factions are better for ascendancy, since ICW goes legends historicalish. but fighting all the different warlords would be fun

January 23, 2017, 01:53:48 PMReply #38

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2017, 01:53:48 PM »
You'd be fighting the exact. Same. Faction. there are already different starting forces from Warlord groups, it just isn't coded as a separate faction because unlike EaW, that's unnecessary.

January 24, 2017, 01:48:36 PMReply #39

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2017, 01:48:36 PM »
You'd be fighting the exact. Same. Faction. there are already different starting forces from Warlord groups, it just isn't coded as a separate faction because unlike EaW, that's unnecessary.
Preach it Corey!

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!