Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Poll

Should the third Remnant tech branch be Daala, or Zsinj?

Admiral Daala
35 (76.1%)
Warlord Zsinj
11 (23.9%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author Topic: Community Poll: Daala vs Zsinj  (Read 18864 times)

January 17, 2017, 01:35:24 PM

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Community Poll: Daala vs Zsinj
« on: January 17, 2017, 01:35:24 PM »
For those of you who are unaware, we're dividing the Remnant tech tree into three possible regimes; Thrawn & Pellaeon, Palpatine, and currently Daala. Each will have their own separate gameplay hooks, bonuses and negative attributes. People have repeatedly asked "well why not Warlord X," however the key point here isn't just throwing in another name. It's developing distinct trees between all factions and branches, and in this case, putting a fourth spin on the Imperial doctrine, as it can be represented in the Sins engine (between the Pentastar Alignment, Palpatine, Thrawn & Pellaeon, and the final slot here). The final style we're looking for can be pretty equally represented by two people; Daala and Zsinj. This is essentially a tech focused one, where the big bonus is non-permanent hero death and two SSDs at once. Daala brings the first through the Maw Installation, Zsinj brings it through his own close association with different scientific projects. Each has one or two additional techs they can bring to the table (Daala with reunification stuff like Crimson Command and some of the Maw's weapons, Zsinj with some of his own weapons research and Night Cloaks), but not enough to justify making both. So, we're asking for your input; which would you rather see?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 01:40:29 PM by Corey »
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

January 17, 2017, 01:51:23 PMReply #1

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Community Poll: Daala vs Zsinj
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 01:51:23 PM »
I think Zsinj would bring more to the table, however, it's close.  I voted for Zsinj although I'd hate to lose the option of having the maw installation tech...

Overall, I think if you were to do Tie Raptors as an option with Zsinj, this would sway me, since they're beastly little fighters in ICW and I'd take them over Tie/Ln or Tie/In's as the primary fighter.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

January 17, 2017, 02:05:40 PMReply #2

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +18/-6
  • Professional Shut in, Steam Name: Mr.puertorican
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 02:05:40 PM »
Daala for the win, due to the Maw Installation and Crimson Command, I'll pick her over Zsinj.
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

January 17, 2017, 02:15:01 PMReply #3

Offline DarthRevansRevenge

• Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-3
  • Your empire is doomed. Revan has returned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 02:15:01 PM »
Zsinj. there is no warlord faction, so prefer Zsinj to Daala.
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

January 17, 2017, 04:17:18 PMReply #4

Offline lordoflinks

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2017, 04:17:18 PM »
Daala.
Zsinj never led the Empire in its entirety, he was only one of many warlords. Daala did however. 
All your words are but to say: you are a woman, and your part is in the house. But when the men have died in battle and honour, you have leave to be burned in the house, for the men will need it no more. But I am of the House of Eorl and not a serving-woman. I can ride and wield blade, and I do not fear either pain or death.

But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Éomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him.

My avatar is Romana from Doctor Who, one of my favorite characters in all of fiction

January 17, 2017, 04:27:28 PMReply #5

Offline StarBornMichaelh165

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-6
  • Long Live the United Species Republic.
    • View Profile
    • www.YouTube.com
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2017, 04:27:28 PM »
Cool Zsinj vs Daala yeah.
Greetings my people and welcome to the United Species Republic. Come and join the Republic that is not Like any Republic you never know before come join today. Oh and check out my YouTube and my Fan Fiction Profile OK Everyone.
 [img] file:///C:/Users/Michael/Pictures/my%20photos/Conqueror_superlaser.jpg [img]

January 17, 2017, 05:18:10 PMReply #6

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2017, 05:18:10 PM »
That's a tough call. My vote is for Daala because Red VSDs, and because she was a leader of the Remnant while Zsinj was not. I could lean either way though. Though I think I prefer Warlords to be represented via ingame event.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

January 17, 2017, 06:21:39 PMReply #7

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +18/-6
  • Professional Shut in, Steam Name: Mr.puertorican
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2017, 06:21:39 PM »
Pentastar is a warlord faction by the way if that influences your vote
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

January 17, 2017, 06:25:48 PMReply #8

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2017, 06:25:48 PM »
Pentastar is a warlord faction by the way if that influences your vote

Yeah but not the same type of Warlord. They were a stable government that never attempted to say they were the Empire. Slightly different in my opinion.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

January 17, 2017, 06:51:01 PMReply #9

Offline Illidan Stormrage

• Admiral
  • Approval: +17/-10
  • Killing a Emperor doesnt end a Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2017, 06:51:01 PM »
Before you vote anyone interested hear me out/
I will tell you advantages, disadvantages and possible ideas for Zsinj tech.

Dala:
Pros: Maw installation CVSD, Knight hammer, Crystal Phase Shifters. Pellaon
Cons: More about reunification and being the one true empire therefore making alliances more of a hassle. mostly boosts war effort and not economy (Unless Corey Debunks what I say)
Zsinj:
Pros: Tie Raptors, Modified CR90s, Apwar Trigit, Night Cloaks, Morttis project, more economic focus due to how warlord Zsinj operated during the X-wing books. Second Death(This could act as a sort of one time revival of Warlord Zsinj or a unit that has no weapons but attracts enemies attention) Better Alliances(Zsinj during the early times of the post-Endor was largely ignored by the true Empire and some warlords like screed and Lion Banjeer allied with him) Pirates could play a role since Zsinj actively recruited pirates. Cooperate sector could give him discounts on ships that are considered "Imperial Surplus" Since that made up most of the cooperate sectors fleet and other abilities.
Cons: No Maw Installation, Crystal Phase Shifters, or CVSD. And Maybe others I cant really think of.

I choose Warlord Zsinj mostly because he is honestly way more important and way more successful then Dala ever was and he brings more stuff to the table since some of his 2.2 ships could be add.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 06:52:32 PM by AdmrialThrawn2 »
"The Empire did nothing wrong obviously" :)
"Your Memes will make a fine addition to my collection"
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

January 17, 2017, 07:37:22 PMReply #10

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2017, 07:37:22 PM »
A couple of things to mention

Pros: Maw installation CVSD, Knight hammer, Crystal Phase Shifters. Pellaeon

Let's be honest, CC VSD is a very important reason because it's RED. Also, considering one of the Leader Doctrines will be a Pellaeon/Thrawn combo I highly doubt Pellaeon will be an available hero for Daala.

Zsinj:
Pros: Tie Raptors, Modified CR90s, Apwar Trigit, Night Cloaks, Morttis project, more economic focus due to how warlord Zsinj operated during the X-wing books.

Raptors would be cool.

Second Death(This could act as a sort of one time revival of Warlord Zsinj or a unit that has no weapons but attracts enemies attention)

I believe Corey's quote here:
The big bonus is non-permanent hero death and two SSDs at once.
Makes this idea pretty well irrelevant.

I choose Warlord Zsinj mostly because he is honestly way more important and way more successful then Daala ever was and he brings more stuff to the table since some of his 2.2 ships could be add.

The problem with adding his 2.2 ships to the IR is that they are already part of the PA's roster. There's quite a bit of overlap as it is between the two factions and I find it unlikely that the mod team would want to add more.
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

January 17, 2017, 07:51:41 PMReply #11

Fenrir808

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2017, 07:51:41 PM »
I vote Daala, she is simply more fleshed out in the books.   A more wholesome character, with a more wholesome fleet.

Plus Pellaeon liked her.

January 17, 2017, 11:36:58 PMReply #12

Offline capshades

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +2/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2017, 11:36:58 PM »
Daala.  Zsinj was not a true Imperial, and did not represent any change in Imperial doctrine or procedures, nor conquered or fought in the name of the Empire.  Daala had an actual major impact on the Remnant in both policy and leadership, exterminating the bickering warlords and leading a vindictive and destructive (if futile) campaign against the rebels.

January 18, 2017, 12:52:45 AMReply #13

Offline Meyer

• Grand Moff
  • Approval: +69/-2
  • Do-ro'ik vong pratte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2017, 12:52:45 AM »
My vote goes to Daala, since she united the deep core warlords and pawed the way for the empire to reunite. Zsinj was just another warlord, one who ultimately failed while the empire endured.
I reject your canon and substitute my own!

January 18, 2017, 10:58:52 AMReply #14

Offline DoktorVogel

• Stormtrooper
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2017, 10:58:52 AM »
Guess we just really love that redheaded beast of a woman...

January 18, 2017, 11:48:25 AMReply #15

Offline StarBornMichaelh165

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-6
  • Long Live the United Species Republic.
    • View Profile
    • www.YouTube.com
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2017, 11:48:25 AM »
I guess Everyone love her too....but I can't see why?
Greetings my people and welcome to the United Species Republic. Come and join the Republic that is not Like any Republic you never know before come join today. Oh and check out my YouTube and my Fan Fiction Profile OK Everyone.
 [img] file:///C:/Users/Michael/Pictures/my%20photos/Conqueror_superlaser.jpg [img]

January 18, 2017, 02:17:32 PMReply #16

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2017, 02:17:32 PM »
Not everyone, 8 of us (currently) don't want her.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

January 18, 2017, 06:43:35 PMReply #17

Offline Papa Palps

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2017, 06:43:35 PM »
I vote for my Hand.

January 18, 2017, 07:35:18 PMReply #18

Offline DarthRevansRevenge

• Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-3
  • Your empire is doomed. Revan has returned
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2017, 07:35:18 PM »
i don't care about red VSDs!!!( i can't believe i just said that, red is my favorite color). I want Zsinj!! because raptors are amazing.
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

January 18, 2017, 07:43:52 PMReply #19

Offline Helix345

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2017, 07:43:52 PM »
I vote Dalla, because revan said he wanted Zinji.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!