Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Fighters purchase  (Read 7776 times)

February 07, 2017, 07:24:44 PMReply #20

Offline Helix345

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-3
    • View Profile
Re: Fighters purchase
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2017, 07:24:44 PM »
I think that the secutor is still subject to change.

February 07, 2017, 07:44:05 PMReply #21

Offline DarthRevansRevenge

• Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-3
  • Your empire is doomed. Revan has returned
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2017, 07:44:05 PM »
but he can still tell us the current plans
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

February 08, 2017, 01:05:01 PMReply #22

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2017, 01:05:01 PM »
but he can still tell us the current plans
I think that's not my job. I am just a humble XML coder. Nothing mayor.
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

February 08, 2017, 01:35:34 PMReply #23

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2017, 01:35:34 PM »
One issue with fighter purchase is the variable capability of different faction's fighters. All tie models except the Defender lack a hyperdrive, so all they could be used for is system defense as carriers come with their own.
I don't think the game really makes that distinction between fighters with hyperdrives and fighters without, or at least not that I remember.  Non-hyperspace capable ships will happily travel between planets as long as they're moving in the same fleet as something that does have a hyperdrive.
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

February 08, 2017, 02:01:35 PMReply #24

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2017, 02:01:35 PM »
I don't think the game really makes that distinction between fighters with hyperdrives and fighters without, or at least not that I remember.  Non-hyperspace capable ships will happily travel between planets as long as they're moving in the same fleet as something that does have a hyperdrive.
yup. it is true.
Even if it is just an IPV
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

February 08, 2017, 05:16:10 PMReply #25

Offline DarthRevansRevenge

• Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-3
  • Your empire is doomed. Revan has returned
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2017, 05:16:10 PM »
yes, but they still can't travel separately, so no spamming ties(other than defenders) and sending them throughtout the galaxy
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!