Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: mon cal cruisers  (Read 2600 times)

January 15, 2017, 09:19:22 PM

Offline DarthRevansRevenge

• Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-3
  • Your empire is doomed. Revan has returned
    • View Profile
mon cal cruisers
« on: January 15, 2017, 09:19:22 PM »
so, i know there are only 4(5?) in the mod+Home One. however, i feel that some more should be added, so that Mon Calamari shipyards feel more useful. options would include Mediator, Buildable Independence class(buffed some to be an SD killer, like 9,600 credits, but replaced at the same time the liberty is), Wingless liberty(like in Balance&Flavor), MC75, or the Recuscant, since it was built be Mon Calamari and the Rebels used some. alternately, we could add Incom Corporation to it to build cheaper starfighters. if you can't/Adds nothing to mod, then disregard.

as for Shipyard corporations, maybe make them a buildable SPACE structure, that takes the place of a Golan. also, make Kuat Drive Yards buildable on Byss. like above, if you can, great. if not, disregard.

these are suggestions. as always, do with them as you will.
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

January 15, 2017, 09:55:53 PMReply #1

Offline StarBornMichaelh165

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-6
  • Long Live the United Species Republic.
    • View Profile
    • www.YouTube.com
Re: mon cal cruisers
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 09:55:53 PM »
Great Ideas man I wonder if we've ever see them in mod at some point.
Greetings my people and welcome to the United Species Republic. Come and join the Republic that is not Like any Republic you never know before come join today. Oh and check out my YouTube and my Fan Fiction Profile OK Everyone.
 [img] file:///C:/Users/Michael/Pictures/my%20photos/Conqueror_superlaser.jpg [img]

January 15, 2017, 10:29:10 PMReply #2

Offline GreyStar

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +11/-4
  • The Rival Defender
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 10:29:10 PM »
A. There's no design for the Mediator making it harder to use.

B. What would be the point of a super costly Home One when a Majestic costs 4K or something credits and is capable of taking on ISDs?

C. The Wingless Liberty is a weaker Liberty in canon but has a more powerful engines in exchange for less guns. Not much reason to use a ship that already struggles against other capitals to make one with even less guns.

D. MC75 is Didney Star Wars.

E. As Corey points out whenever I ask for buidable Katana Dreadnaughts no more Recusant Destroyers were being made at the time, we only see one in use by the Rebels, and we have enough Clone Wars stuff. It is a clever idea however, well done.

F. Personally I'd love to see the MC30C come back from the base game and Ascendcey in the mod. Shake up the variety in New Republic light Destroyers.

G. Intercom, whatever shipyards built the Nebula, Rendii for Victory Star Destroyers, and some shipyards for abyss would be nice additions, including being able to utilize some enemy shipyards. Those would be nice additions. Though I disagree on making them space structures.

January 16, 2017, 08:43:24 AMReply #3

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 08:43:24 AM »
A. I know that. a start is with a model of star wars ships to scale video. looks a little like a protoss carrier, but oh well.

B. to be fleet command vessels and SD and Battlecruiser crushers until the more advanced warships came out. hold 10 squadrons.

C. alright fine

D. not the MC75 Barracuda. it is in AOTR, and it's a heavy frigate ship below liberty. would be great for taking out Vindicaters.

E. thank you. I was think more of like salvage ships or pirate ships, since they would yes be out of service, be everywhere, and be relatively easy to patch up. didn't want it because it was clone wars, just wanted Mon Calamari ships.

F. for an even smaller ships? do you want the MC60 as well?

G. no, I was thinking squishing Incom corporation into mon calamari shipyards, but making the new Mon Calamari shipyards a space structure to have to defend. that would open up the 3rd slot on Mon Calamari to be devoted to ground defenses. Edit: miss type

do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

January 16, 2017, 09:13:34 AMReply #4

Offline GreyStar

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +11/-4
  • The Rival Defender
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 09:13:34 AM »
A. At the very least it would give a reason to use something other then an Endurance as the primary "battle-cruiser" type ship in Era 5. Would compliment BACs and MC90s as overpowered as well.

B. It still would be rather strange, wasn't there only one Independence?

D. Can't find it. Provide a link or such for specifications? Screenshot of ingame tooltip and hardpoints please?

E. Just too much Clone Wars stuff in the mod but if the team did decide to add it would be pretty cool.

F. The MC30C is not intended to be a capital ship, it's literally just the Rebel / New Republic version of the Warlord Gunship and kinda like a prototype BAC. It's already in the base game so not requiring it's own model and such. Heck even remove the Concussion Missiles.

G. I mostly just want to see Rendii.

January 16, 2017, 01:03:13 PMReply #5

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2017, 01:03:13 PM »
A. would have firepower of Bellator, but abilities of Viscount

B. No. there are at least three, with more probably made. Independence, Home One, and others were Rebuilt to be the centerpoint(lol) of the NR fleets. in base game, more powerful than an ISD(at least, that was the intention)

D. i don't have any. it showed up in the Rebel playthrough of the new republic campaign in Legion217's let's play. but it is a little less powerful than the Liberty. good heavy frigate to counter the Procursators.

E. still, maybe for CIS holdouts or random pirates.

F. alright, fine

G. i think 1 per faction is fine, just that it be more influential.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!