Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Imperial Civil War Wiki Thread  (Read 33814 times)

January 25, 2017, 06:56:24 PMReply #20

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial Civil War Wiki Thread
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2017, 06:56:24 PM »
sorry. that was probably me. i was tired. just for clarity, was it the Imperial Remnant article?

Yes it was. No worries, it was an easy fix, and I am glad the 2.2 additional info was added.

Out of curiosity is there any particular reason you don't have an account? It would be super helpful, especially as I am considering restricting the editing of certain important pages to Users Only.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

January 25, 2017, 07:20:33 PMReply #21

Offline DarthRevansRevenge

• Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-3
  • Your empire is doomed. Revan has returned
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2017, 07:20:33 PM »
haven't made one. i have only edited 2-3 articles, so i wasn't worried. the account will be made when i actually spend more time editing. i'm just doing a little here and there right now
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

January 25, 2017, 09:22:45 PMReply #22

Offline GreyStar

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +11/-4
  • The Rival Defender
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2017, 09:22:45 PM »
Thanks for the A-Wing update, finished up the X-Wing page. Should the history be rewritten to be more expansive and should we get rid of the part mentioning why you should not use Corran Horn and Luke in space?

January 25, 2017, 10:17:02 PMReply #23

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2017, 10:17:02 PM »
alright, have account. you may continue
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

January 26, 2017, 02:42:20 PMReply #24

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2017, 02:42:20 PM »
Thanks for the A-Wing update, finished up the X-Wing page. Should the history be rewritten to be more expansive and should we get rid of the part mentioning why you should not use Corran Horn and Luke in space?

Expanding history can always be done as a second pass later on. As for the Corran/Luke part, gat can be mentioned in their articles once we get there, so I think we can get rid of it.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

January 26, 2017, 03:04:05 PMReply #25

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2017, 03:04:05 PM »
I should get in on this for heroes with my expansive lore knowledge
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

January 26, 2017, 03:09:30 PMReply #26

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2017, 03:09:30 PM »
thank you. we need all the help we can get. we are trying to get the wiki at least to contain all of 2.1 and what we know of 2.2 before said 2.2 comes out

January 26, 2017, 03:45:04 PMReply #27

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2017, 03:45:04 PM »
by the way, can someone update the Imperial Civil War page to contain all the rest of the new stuff? i don't have time to do it all

January 30, 2017, 02:30:52 PMReply #28

Offline GreyStar

• Vice Admiral
  • The Rival Defender
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2017, 02:30:52 PM »
I don't really care about the 2.2 stuff until it comes out. I'm just focused on writing out the NR's faction and their gameplay. While the 2.2 notes are nice, they will end up removed anyhow.

January 30, 2017, 04:24:53 PMReply #29

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2017, 04:24:53 PM »
why remove it? what's wrong with including the notes containing 2.2 material

January 30, 2017, 09:41:15 PMReply #30

Offline GreyStar

• Vice Admiral
  • The Rival Defender
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2017, 09:41:15 PM »
They'll be removed and the Era decripistions will instead be 2.2 stuff instead of 2.1 stuff.

January 31, 2017, 05:49:15 AMReply #31

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2017, 05:49:15 AM »
why remove it? what's wrong with including the notes containing 2.2 material
the stuff you know about the 2.2 content might be wrong or change by the time of the full release, and might become inaccurate. It might also make people look for a content that does not exist
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

February 01, 2017, 01:46:24 PMReply #32

Offline GreyStar

• Vice Admiral
  • The Rival Defender
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2017, 01:46:24 PM »
Shouldn't we delete the redundant X-Wing page we have?

February 01, 2017, 03:00:52 PMReply #33

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2017, 03:00:52 PM »
Shouldn't we delete the redundant X-Wing page we have?

Done

Also I was looking at the page on the B-wing at it says that the IR counterpart is the TIE Defender. This was true in vanilla FoC, but could not be farther from the truth in the case of ICW. If anyone wants to correct that at the moment that's great (away from a computer atm). If not, I will be bringing it up to standards this week hopefully.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 03:07:22 PM by Revanchist »
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

February 01, 2017, 03:49:46 PMReply #34

Offline GreyStar

• Vice Admiral
  • The Rival Defender
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2017, 03:49:46 PM »
In terms of weaponry and design the TIE Defender and B-Wing are the same in terms of concepts, just the Defender is better in every regard.

February 01, 2017, 04:11:49 PMReply #35

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2017, 04:11:49 PM »
In terms of weaponry and design the TIE Defender and B-Wing are the same in terms of concepts, just the Defender is better in every regard.

Weaponry is about all they got going for them. They were designed for completely different roles. The B-wing was meant to be a replacement for the Y-wing, a bomber which could also pass as a heavy fighter in a pinch. The Defender was meant to be the pinnacle of fighters: fast, maneuverable, and just better at everything fighters could do, with some ordnance tacked on for good measure.
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

February 02, 2017, 07:18:21 PMReply #36

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2017, 07:18:21 PM »
while the merger of posts is fine, we need to make sure all the links lead to the right tabs. i clicked the X-Wing link, and it lead me to the extraneous page, which, not knowing it at the time, i proceded to edit. i'm just saying, i don't want to make that mistake again, or have someone else do likewise

February 02, 2017, 08:25:17 PMReply #37

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2017, 08:25:17 PM »
while the merger of posts is fine, we need to make sure all the links lead to the right tabs. i clicked the X-Wing link, and it lead me to the extraneous page, which, not knowing it at the time, i proceded to edit. i'm just saying, i don't want to make that mistake again, or have someone else do likewise

The page should be gone gone now. If you find it again let me know and I'll hit it over the head with the Delete Bat again.
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

February 02, 2017, 10:25:49 PMReply #38

Offline GreyStar

• Vice Admiral
  • The Rival Defender
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2017, 10:25:49 PM »
Since Monday - Wesndsy - Friday are the days I have 2.5 hours to myself, I'll try working on the NR page and making sure all the links work, and everything links back apporiatley.

February 03, 2017, 09:08:56 PMReply #39

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2017, 09:08:56 PM »
good. i don't want to make that mistake and get yelled at again

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!