Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Pentastar Alignment  (Read 1388 times)

January 09, 2017, 10:47:17 AM

Offline SentrY

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +0/-2
    • View Profile
Pentastar Alignment
« on: January 09, 2017, 10:47:17 AM »
Why is it that whenever I play the Art Of War GC the PA almost never expands. they almost always get their asses kicked by the other AI. When i was EOTH i would treat them as if they were a warlord faction and would leave my border with them almost completely undefended. Why aren't they able to expand especially in era 1 when they have the pastor and two SSD advantage?

January 09, 2017, 11:01:03 AMReply #1

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Re: Pentastar Alignment
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 11:01:03 AM »
Long version: There is a bug in Empire at War called the selection freeze bug, where after a certain number of objects have existed in the game, the game will stop being able to track them. It's an engine thing, so it's not directly fixable. Having a lot of planets and a lot of factions moving makes this bug occur incredibly quickly, as not only is the game keeping track of player vs AI conflicts, the AI factions through a ton of shit at each other and go back and forth. This meant that the game was essentially unfinishable with 100 planets and 4+ active factions. To counteract that, we made it so in Art of War in 2.1, only three factions had active galactic AI, typically either the PA or EotH was disabled (we allowed more on smaller maps). However, since then Pox and Fregge made the Defreezer too, which allows you to reset the problematic counter and continue as normal, so we released a patch re-enabling it.

Short version: Download the patch to re-activate AI: http://thrawnsrevenge.com/forums/index.php?topic=4976.0
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!