Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Rex or appo  (Read 2653 times)

January 06, 2017, 09:05:00 PM

Offline commander praji

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +1/-6
    • View Profile
Rex or appo
« on: January 06, 2017, 09:05:00 PM »
Its always bothered me that the 501st were a legion but had no marshal commander and the only officers to command were rex, appo, and bow who is no lonfee canon but that begs to question who wasnthe 501sts clone commander ? And if it was rex why was he never promoted. I mean we see appo as a sergeant and he later the anti rex in eu . so thoughts?

January 06, 2017, 11:09:16 PMReply #1

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +18/-6
  • Professional Shut in, Steam Name: Mr.puertorican
    • View Profile
Re: Rex or appo
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 11:09:16 PM »
I think its Rex who commands it anyway, and its probably because Captain Rex sounds much better than Marshal Commander Rex. And I think Rex's character was supposed to be a different ARC trooper, I think his name was Alpha, but Im not too sure. I think they changed it because they wanted the Clone Wars show to be its own unique thing.
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

January 06, 2017, 11:22:20 PMReply #2

Offline commander praji

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 11:22:20 PM »
Nope captain fordo was suppose to be the main clone (the arc who kicks ass in 2003 cw)

January 06, 2017, 11:24:10 PMReply #3

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 11:24:10 PM »
Nope captain fordo was suppose to be the main clone (the arc who kicks ass in 2003 cw)
Behind the scenesEdit
According to the Star Wars: The Clone Wars DVD's commentary, the creators at first had decided to put in Alpha as the Clone Wars series' prime clone character. However, Lucas objected because his inclusion would make too much of an alliteration (Anakin, Artoo, Ahsoka, and now Alpha), so a different clone character, Captain Rex, was created. From Wookieepedia
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

January 07, 2017, 06:16:35 AMReply #4

Offline commander praji

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 06:16:35 AM »
Interesting.  The sources i got say fordo. Either they dropped the ball or the cw crew was gonna do fordo then alpha then finally rex

January 07, 2017, 11:48:39 AMReply #5

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2017, 11:48:39 AM »
Rex was only captain of Torrent Company if I remember correctly, a small part of the 501st.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 12:42:08 PM by Revanchist »
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

January 07, 2017, 06:47:16 PMReply #6

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2017, 06:47:16 PM »
I think on wookiepedia it says he was the commander, though there's a possibility that I could read it wrong.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!