Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: The Allegiance  (Read 3874 times)

January 02, 2017, 12:15:48 PM

Offline GreyStar

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +11/-4
  • The Rival Defender
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
The Allegiance
« on: January 02, 2017, 12:15:48 PM »
Since I'm a goof and don't watch the preview streams even though I should, is the Empire getting any new SSDs or only the Warlords getting the new one?

January 02, 2017, 12:22:44 PMReply #1

Offline Helix345

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-3
    • View Profile
Re: The Allegiance
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 12:22:44 PM »
The allegiance is on the same level as the praetor in terms of size, and I don't thing the empire is getting any new ssds.

January 02, 2017, 09:52:39 PMReply #2

Offline GreyStar

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +11/-4
  • The Rival Defender
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 09:52:39 PM »
Thanks, is the IR getting the Alliegiance then?

And what about the Bellator?

January 02, 2017, 11:04:48 PMReply #3

Offline Jorritkarwehr

• Mod Team Member
  • Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 11:04:48 PM »
There hasn't been any official word on what new units the Remnant will use in 2.2. Judging by some unofficial words, however, it seems likely that Bellators (representing Megador and Dominion) will be available to the IR in some capacity in at least the Orinda Campaign.

January 02, 2017, 11:39:29 PMReply #4

Offline Helix345

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2017, 11:39:29 PM »
From what Corey has said, imperial factions will either have the praetor or the allegiance but they're going to keep the two from being on the same team. From what I understand, eradiu authority will have the megador and dominion though I may be wrong. From what I heard, Corey doesn't want to give the IR more SSDs so they won't be getting the bellator, though again, I don't speak for the team and may be wrong.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 11:41:14 PM by Helix345 »

January 11, 2017, 11:57:30 AMReply #5

Offline SentrY

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +0/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2017, 11:57:30 AM »
The Alliegance is not as powerful as the praetor so I think that some of the more powerful factions will get the praetor while maybe the IR will lose the praetor for the allegiance .

January 12, 2017, 12:31:33 AMReply #6

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2017, 12:31:33 AM »
. From what I understand, eradiu authority will have the megador and dominion though I may be wrong. From what I heard, Corey doesn't want to give the IR more SSDs so they won't be getting the bellator, though again, I don't speak for the team and may be wrong.

Eriadu Authority wouldn't have Megador and Dominion, they were stored at Harrsk's Deep Core shipyard in Zero Command space uncrewed as Harrsk didn't have the manpower to crew them. They were taken by Pellaeon to his 'True Empire' the IR after he decided to abandon the Deep Core. Delvardus never had them and likely never knew about their existence for that matter.

As to more SSDs, I can't speak for the team but there would be no point, the Executor, Vengeance, Sovereign and Eclipse classes fill the super ship role amply so adding in the Mandator or Asserter wouldn't really add anything new gameplay wise, it would just be cosmetic for a lot of rendering work.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 12:34:03 AM by Lord Xizer »
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

January 12, 2017, 12:50:20 AMReply #7

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +18/-6
  • Professional Shut in, Steam Name: Mr.puertorican
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2017, 12:50:20 AM »
I'm 90 percent sure Corey said that the IR would get the Tector as their battlecrusier, the IR will usually not get the Bellator ( I think less sure on this one). While each different Warlord will get either the Allegiance, or Preator. Again I am not a team member so I can't be 100 percent sure, and also things are always subject to change. 
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

January 12, 2017, 10:52:57 AMReply #8

Offline DarthRevansRevenge

• Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-3
  • Your empire is doomed. Revan has returned
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2017, 10:52:57 AM »
Tector is a star destroyer, another ship made out of the ISD shell, just modified to be hangarless.

about Megador and Dominion, you will have to fight them in crimson empire, the IR will have them for Orinda campaign, and possiblely final imperial push, and that will be the ONLY time(s) the IR get another SSD. while I would love to see Mediator or Mandator or Assertor in the mod, the really just are not needed, as the empire factions don't need more SSDs. as for the rest of the tech tree, corey said IR will be essentially unchanged, so only preators for Era 3 shadow hand.

but again, i'm not a team member, so these are guesses and assertions do to knowledge I have picked up over time
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

January 12, 2017, 11:49:34 AMReply #9

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2017, 11:49:34 AM »
The IR doesn't really need a battlecruiser in most scenarios, as they can build Executors at any capital shipyard in most of the eras and have a dynamic hero list. The only exception to this would be Era 3, and this is mostly to represent the sheer stupidly OPness of the Dark Empire. More than likely they will be getting the Allegiance over the Praetor in that era, as the Allegiance was actually seen in the comics and thus has a basis to be there.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

January 12, 2017, 01:56:33 PMReply #10

Offline DarthRevansRevenge

• Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-3
  • Your empire is doomed. Revan has returned
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2017, 01:56:33 PM »
oh, that will be fun
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!