Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Mod installation issue  (Read 1991 times)

January 02, 2017, 11:33:26 AM

Offline kina

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Mod installation issue
« on: January 02, 2017, 11:33:26 AM »
Hi!

This is the first time I am installing a mod on SW Empire At War and I am having issues lauching it.
I have downloaded the ZIP version of the mod since I am running the game on Steam.

I have installed the mod here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Star Wars Empire at War\GameData\corruption\Mods\Imperial_Civil_War\Data

My launch option on Steam is: MODPATH=Mods\Imperial_Civil_War

When I launch the game on Steam, I choose the Forces of Corruption option. It starts the FoC game without any modification.

Can you help me?

Thanks a lot!

kina

January 02, 2017, 03:57:56 PMReply #1

Leland Estes

Re: Mod installation issue
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 03:57:56 PM »
Hi!  While I am having trouble getting the game to run without freezing every once in a while, I was able to get the mod to load.  I did not add \Data at the end of my file process, I just created the Imperial_civil_war folder in the \mod folder.  Try doing that, it may help.

January 03, 2017, 05:34:49 AMReply #2

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 05:34:49 AM »
 The Steam path for FoC mods should be:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Star Wars Empire at War\corruption\Mods\Imperial_Civil_War\Data And then inside that you have XML, Art, etc.

That Gamedata folder is only present if you go from "Star Wars Empire at War" into it. From the Star Wars Empire at War folder, GameData takes you to the stuff for Empire at War (pre-expansion) and Corruption brings you into the expansion. If I had to guess, I'd say you went into GameData and then created the corruption folder.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

January 10, 2017, 02:56:44 PMReply #3

Offline righteousheretic

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 02:56:44 PM »
Hey, I'm having the same issue. I'm almost certain that I have the steam path correct.
C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Star Wars Empire at War\corruption\Mods\Imperial_Civil_War\Data
I had to move my steam to games recently because I was getting "disk write errors" whenever I tried to download a game.
Thank you for the help in advance!

January 10, 2017, 03:31:22 PMReply #4

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 03:31:22 PM »
What do your launch options say?
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!