Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: new idea for eclipse ssd  (Read 2027 times)

December 30, 2016, 07:02:07 AM

Offline DarthRevansRevenge

• Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-3
  • Your empire is doomed. Revan has returned
    • View Profile
new idea for eclipse ssd
« on: December 30, 2016, 07:02:07 AM »
so, corey, I know you don't like planet destroying superweapons, but I feel the empire needs something else to help their campaign. if I remember original EaW and FOC correctly, when you had the death star over a planet in battle, there was a lever you could pull(or click) to fire the weapon. would it be possible to add that ability to eclipse, but instead of taking out the planet, take out all structures on the surface? if it can, that would flesh out legends in the mod just a bit more. if not, oh well.

also, you mentioned that certain planets can be locked till a certain era, but can you rig the game to not unlock planets till a certain week? if so, this can keep the Hand(and potentially the Dushkan league) from being taken out right of the bat.

these are just suggestions, do with them as you will 
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

December 30, 2016, 07:18:01 AMReply #1

Offline Ordo

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +2/-0
    • View Profile
Re: new idea for eclipse ssd
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2016, 07:18:01 AM »
Thats way too overpowered ability to be in game. Not to mention that IR is already at its peak in era 3, no real reason to make them even stronger.

December 30, 2016, 08:06:06 AMReply #2

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2016, 08:06:06 AM »
so, corey, I know you don't like planet destroying superweapons, but I feel the empire needs something else to help their campaign. if I remember original EaW and FOC correctly, when you had the death star over a planet in battle, there was a lever you could pull(or click) to fire the weapon. would it be possible to add that ability to eclipse, but instead of taking out the planet, take out all structures on the surface? if it can, that would flesh out legends in the mod just a bit more. if not, oh well.

That's even more powerful than planet destruction in my opinion. You could just go in, fire the laser, take out all the ground structures, which means you can immediately capture the planet whether you'd have been able to win the space battle or not.

also, you mentioned that certain planets can be locked till a certain era, but can you rig the game to not unlock planets till a certain week? if so, this can keep the Hand(and potentially the Dushkan league) from being taken out right of the bat.

We potentially plan to try something similar with the Duskhan League, but not the Empire of the Hand.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

December 30, 2016, 09:52:23 AMReply #3

Offline DarthRevansRevenge

• Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-3
  • Your empire is doomed. Revan has returned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2016, 09:52:23 AM »
That's even more powerful than planet destruction in my opinion. You could just go in, fire the laser, take out all the ground structures, which means you can immediately capture the planet whether you'd have been able to win the space battle or not.

We potentially plan to try something similar with the Duskhan League, but not the Empire of the Hand.

difference between structures, but i get your point. I just feel like they need some super weapon other than an capital ship crusher, since their like, the empire and all.

what about world devastators to spawn more units( like TIE D fighters) and to generate more income? sorry, I just feel like at it's peak, the empire just isn't empire enough.

another thing is I noticed there is no salvage bonuses for fighting massive space battles in this game. if there was a system implemented, even if you only get credit worth equal to 2% of the cost to build those units, it would help the smaller factions from being steamrolled, since, if they win, they get extra money. also, you would get more of a reward for crushing an Executor fleet than if otherwise. just little things like that.

again, these are ideas, make of them as you will
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

December 31, 2016, 03:19:34 PMReply #4

Offline StarBornMichaelh165

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-6
  • Long Live the United Species Republic.
    • View Profile
    • www.YouTube.com
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2016, 03:19:34 PM »
I can see what your saying about the Empire needing more too it and I agree but let's not make then unbalance ok but I do like the 2% or more salvage bonuses form every battle.
Greetings my people and welcome to the United Species Republic. Come and join the Republic that is not Like any Republic you never know before come join today. Oh and check out my YouTube and my Fan Fiction Profile OK Everyone.
 [img] file:///C:/Users/Michael/Pictures/my%20photos/Conqueror_superlaser.jpg [img]

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!