Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: 2.1 Survival Mode with Imperial Remnant has a massive damage buff  (Read 2262 times)

December 29, 2016, 11:58:38 PM

Fisherman Joe

The title is a bit self-explanatory and I went ahead and 'made' a lengthy video showcasing what was going on but...

What's happening is while playing as the Remnant, I seemed to start doing much more damage than I should be able to. To the point where fighter squadrons were taking down capital ships in seconds. I highly doubt that this was an intentional feature in survival (but I find it hilarious).

I gave up at Wave 18 but I'm certain I can play indefinitely.

I'm sharing it here with anyone who is interested, but I describe my full thoughts and theories on the issue in that video.
I'm pretty sure i'm playing the Remnant, I could be wrong.

December 30, 2016, 12:07:57 AMReply #1

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: 2.1 Survival Mode with Imperial Remnant has a massive damage buff
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2016, 12:07:57 AM »
Nifty...
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

December 30, 2016, 12:20:28 AMReply #2

Offline Cool Breeze

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2016, 12:20:28 AM »
Now I see why Corey loves the Empire of the Hand so much. It all adds up now.
"The Empire is at war, Captain. We cannot afford the luxury of men whose minds are so limited they cannot adapt to unexpected situations."

- Grand Admiral Thrawn

December 30, 2016, 12:29:20 AMReply #3

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2016, 12:29:20 AM »
Thanks for reporting it; there were captureable upgrades we were working on for Survival, and the one we were testing was a 10000% increase in damage, since it would be obvious whether or not it was working. We changed it, but I guess the file that got shipped was the original one instead, so that'll definitely be fixed in the upcoming versions. (That faction is also the Empire of the Hand, not the Remnant).
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

December 30, 2016, 12:36:57 PMReply #4

Fisherman Joe

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2016, 12:36:57 PM »
Thanks for reporting it; there were captureable upgrades we were working on for Survival, and the one we were testing was a 10000% increase in damage, since it would be obvious whether or not it was working. We changed it, but I guess the file that got shipped was the original one instead, so that'll definitely be fixed in the upcoming versions. (That faction is also the Empire of the Hand, not the Remnant).

Alright neat, I'll probably always keep that around for goofs though. But as a personal curiosity what are 'captureable upgrades'? I'm familiar with taking control of special buildings to purchase upgrades but I can't recall a moment where capturing something gives me super powers, or any powers.

December 30, 2016, 12:56:04 PMReply #5

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2016, 12:56:04 PM »
The rewards, as we intended them to be for the release version, were either a credit drop, a free unit, or a damage boost. If it was the credits or the damage boost, it would spawn on the map (typically close to the station) and have a green arrow indicator over it, which then has to be collected by sending a unit near it. Obviously the script that shipped wasn't the one we intended for release, so it may have been a version where the bonus was just automatically applied.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!