Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Unit size scaling  (Read 1791 times)

December 29, 2016, 06:38:19 AM

Offline NeoSigma

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Unit size scaling
« on: December 29, 2016, 06:38:19 AM »
I don't know if things are changed with 2.2 but in 2.1 I've noticed the unit scaling seems to be a little off. Fighters are slightly too large, ground infantry would be like 3 meters tall if they were real people :P The big one though is super capital ships are massive which causes pathing issues.

My suggestion would be maybe sometime in the far future of the mod's development to at least resize the space units and adjust the scales and maybe put some ships on different Z planes? As for ground, all that would need to be done there is to make the infantry a little shorter so Tie Maulers don't look like the size of a small sedan when they're standing next to them.

December 29, 2016, 09:05:39 AMReply #1

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
Re: Unit size scaling
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 09:05:39 AM »
The space scalings are by and large pretty consistent, with the exception of fighters (slightly overscale so you can actually see them) and super capitals which are greatly reduced in size so they are actually workable *at all* (seriously, the Executor in the mod is already hugely dowscaled and nerfed in ICW vs canon).  Most other variation you've noticed is probably down to the z-level differences which already exist in the mod.
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

December 30, 2016, 02:47:52 AMReply #2

Offline Pentastar Enforcer

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-2
  • Hi everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2016, 02:47:52 AM »
The space scalings are by and large pretty consistent, with the exception of fighters (slightly overscale so you can actually see them) and super capitals which are greatly reduced in size so they are actually workable *at all* (seriously, the Executor in the mod is already hugely dowscaled and nerfed in ICW vs canon).  Most other variation you've noticed is probably down to the z-level differences which already exist in the mod.

It's hard to believe that the Executor is that huge, like wow...
The Galactic Empire - The best thing to happen to the galaxy since Midichlorian counts.

January 01, 2017, 01:16:18 PMReply #3

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2017, 01:16:18 PM »
It's hard to believe that the Executor is that huge, like wow...

Yeah the Executor was a massive beast. Slow and with not enough fighter support for a ship its size, but huge.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!