Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: The thing that bothers me most about the First Order  (Read 2055 times)

December 24, 2016, 11:15:12 PM

Offline GreyStar

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +11/-4
  • The Rival Defender
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
The thing that bothers me most about the First Order
« on: December 24, 2016, 11:15:12 PM »
As much as Kylo Ren being a wimp is annoying.

As much as Captain Phasma making zero worthwhile presence in the movie is annoying.

As much as Snoake and Hux are boring.

And as much as it's arguable that 2 times as large Imperial Star Destroyers would be nigh impossible in terms of matienece for a fleet that controls only half the fucking galaxy and the Super Death Star being pretty damn impossible in terms of logistics AND the New Republic not doing a damn about it.

It's this paragraph from Wookiepedia.

The First Order's stormtrooper training program was designed to produce an army of super-soldiers.[11] As a result, a new generation of stormtroopers was trained since birth to become capable soldiers with a single purpose in lifeā€”to serve the First Order. Under the First Order, stormtrooper training involved rigorous combat exercises in addition to a strong emphasis on uniformity and conformity. An army of nameless soldiers, individual stormtroopers were given unit designations.[1]

Although modern stormtroopers were modeled largely on the stormtroopers of yesteryear, combat training for a First Order stormtrooper differed substantially from that of their Imperial precursor. Unlike the Empire, which resorted to the use of numbing routine for its troopers,[1] the First Order's training simulations, live-fire exercises, and sparring practices encouraged stormtroopers to embrace improvisation on the battlefield.[2] They were therefore more effective in battle than the stormtroopers who served as their template.[1]

How the **** does being even more faceless and having less of a personal identity make a military unit more effective in independent thought!? By all logic they should have difficulty making decisions, and act more like robots instead of people due to having any value on their own personal life.

December 25, 2016, 01:21:19 AMReply #1

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
Re: The thing that bothers me most about the First Order
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2016, 01:21:19 AM »
As much as Kylo Ren being a wimp is annoying.

As much as Captain Phasma making zero worthwhile presence in the movie is annoying.

As much as Snoake and Hux are boring.

And as much as it's arguable that 2 times as large Imperial Star Destroyers would be nigh impossible in terms of matienece for a fleet that controls only half the fucking galaxy and the Super Death Star being pretty damn impossible in terms of logistics AND the New Republic not doing a damn about it.

It's this paragraph from Wookiepedia.

How the **** does being even more faceless and having less of a personal identity make a military unit more effective in independent thought!? By all logic they should have difficulty making decisions, and act more like robots instead of people due to having any value on their own personal life.

Because stupid, that's why. Lazy writing and lack of creativity inspired them, so naturally the writers/director modeled them after the Disney design team
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

December 25, 2016, 11:57:45 AMReply #2

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2016, 11:57:45 AM »
Funny, this doesn't bother me at all in the grand scheme of things. The average Clone Trooper was genetically bred to be nameless, faceless, and obedient, but that didn't stop them from making rational decisions in combat.

It bothers me more that the Imperial collapse was smashed into a year's timeframe. I mean, I understand the desire to "clear the slate" so to speak, and I agree that as a whole "random Imperial splinter faction X that has McGuffin Y" was boring and unimaginative as far as stories go (this why the First Order is boring and unimaginative). But this is a vast governmental machine that we have seen has capable leaders who are not named Palpatine or Vader. At least a 5 year war would make sense and still leave a huge timeframe open for new content.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

December 25, 2016, 01:42:07 PMReply #3

Offline GreyStar

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +11/-4
  • The Rival Defender
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2016, 01:42:07 PM »
Well it mostly bothered me for making the Empire weak so the First Order can be MUH STRAW WARES but at the very least the Clone Troopers had some creativity and social interaction, being given nicknames by either each other or their Jedi Commanders where we don't even see that for the FO. In addition the Clones did have robotic tendencies due to limited free will and creativity. Not to mention they bothered creating the ARCs and RCs, in addition to normal commanders to round out the army.

But yeah Empire being beaten in a year is probably the stupidest thing of all objectively.

December 25, 2016, 02:36:21 PMReply #4

Offline commander praji

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +1/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2016, 02:36:21 PM »
Right and the new books clearly state there were splinter factions or atleast moffs and officers with there own fleets who wanted power or thought they could still win.

Clearly Disney just glanced the read the very first sentence of the imperial civil war and was like how do we make this shorter I know  hey fans you know those warlords u love (apologies for Disney puns or naming )

1. Greater malgoof
2. The Mickey mouse authority
3. Donald command
4. Pete star alignment

They are Eu and even if we did make them canon they all were destroyed within a year

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!