Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: An Arguement For, and an Arguement Against, Stealth Unit Inclusion  (Read 1630 times)

December 23, 2016, 11:52:25 PM

Offline GreyStar

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +11/-4
  • The Rival Defender
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
Pro Stealth Unit: The only side that gets Stealth units is the Imperial Remnant, and only in maps that include Honngor, and only post Era 2 onwards. They could be a significant element in ground strategy, letting people scout out units and defenses in advance without having to bring in something like the Heavy Tracker or suicidal Scout Troopers. They could make infantry more lucrative to spend money on as something other then the cheap option to defeat the enemy with. In addition the number of infantry units is lacking, with there only being the semi-unique slash interesting scout, sniper, E-Web trooper, and Jedi subclasses, as far as 2.1 goes.

Con Stealth Unit: A stealth unit would be unfun and unfair to fight against in multiplayer due to spam of invisible soldiers would be annoying if EVERY faction could do it with only having to use one type of building, rather then a specific building and planet. In addition the stealth unit would, if being merely cloned Death Commandos, be overly expensive for a glorified artillery caller. Scouting isn't really important in the game as it's more of a numbers game in the later stages, and scouts would be rather expensive to use in the crucial early game segments.

December 24, 2016, 08:00:10 AMReply #1

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
Re: An Arguement For, and an Arguement Against, Stealth Unit Inclusion
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2016, 08:00:10 AM »
Cons: The game really doesn't want to let people add new stealth units.  I believe getting the mod tools to properly import a stealth mesh is hard to impossible.
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

December 29, 2016, 11:50:11 PMReply #2

Offline Mist

• Recruit
  • Approval: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Re: An Arguement For, and an Arguement Against, Stealth Unit Inclusion
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 11:50:11 PM »
Ehhh I'm not really for stealth units. On the other hand though I think that small scale infantry raids worked better in vanilla EAW.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!