Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Megador and Dominion for Zero Command?  (Read 5336 times)

December 19, 2016, 08:40:25 AM

Thrax

Megador and Dominion for Zero Command?
« on: December 19, 2016, 08:40:25 AM »
I was doing some reading on Wookieepedia when I came across these neat little tidbits: the Star Dreadnaughts Megador (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Megador) and Dominion (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dominion). Both were under the command of Blitzer Harrsk in 12 ABY, and I believe that integrating them into Zero Command's potential units to command would be an excellent addition for adding depth to the gampe, especially since Zero Command is a comparatively small subfaction.

December 19, 2016, 10:00:50 AMReply #1

Offline DarthRevansRevenge

• Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-3
  • Your empire is doomed. Revan has returned
    • View Profile
Re: Megador and Dominion for Zero Command?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 10:00:50 AM »
really? well, if that is so, then maybe they could be added in crimson empire and Imperial Reunification, but why do you want MORE SSDs?
anyway, do you have pictures to base models of off, or is it just you want them. I think Alliance mod has a Dominion model, but. . .

anyway, if it is not added, maybe make a submod for it adding those in, or. . . possibly to make it a playable faction. . .
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

December 19, 2016, 12:08:13 PMReply #2

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016, 12:08:13 PM »
Noone has canon pictures of them because they were only ever described, they were never pictured or given canon classes.  They weren't even described EXACTLY how big they were, just that they were Star Dreadnought sized (5 KM+), and that one was smaller than the other (I think Megador was the larger, but not sure).
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 12:11:05 PM by tlmiller »
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

December 19, 2016, 04:22:26 PMReply #3

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2016, 04:22:26 PM »
I was doing some reading on Wookieepedia when I came across these neat little tidbits: the Star Dreadnaughts Megador (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Megador) and Dominion (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dominion). Both were under the command of Blitzer Harrsk in 12 ABY, and I believe that integrating them into Zero Command's potential units to command would be an excellent addition for adding depth to the gampe, especially since Zero Command is a comparatively small subfaction.

Would be a bit pointless. While Harrsk got control of them after Shadow Hand collapsed he never had the manpower to crew them. They were both at his hidden shipyard unmanned.
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

December 20, 2016, 05:08:37 AMReply #4

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2016, 05:08:37 AM »
Dominion and Megador will both be in the mod in some form. There's no canon picture of either of them, and it's never made clear what class they are; if Alliance has a different look for one of them, it's not canon and we'd base absolutely 0 of our own decisions off of that. The headcanon I've essentially made up, based on the information that is known about them (and considering we'll never get it cleared up officially at this point, but we still have to do something with them) is that the smaller of the two is a Bellator (I think it was the Dominion that was smaller, but honestly do not remember) and the Megador as a Mandator-III. This basically fits the idea that they're related bu different ships, since the Bellator was essentially a scaled-down version of the Mandator III (12,000 meters to the Bellator's 7200). The Assertor also looks to be in a similar vein, and the one thing known about the Megador is that it has 16 aft thrustsrs. The smaller Bellator, of the same line, has 14 and the Assertor has 23. Basically it's the leas contradictory thing I can think of within known Legends without inventing a whole new class. Within the mod, however, at least in 2.2, both will be Bellators since we currently don't have the resources to produce another new SSD class for this release.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

December 20, 2016, 10:33:57 AMReply #5

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2016, 10:33:57 AM »
if you make a Mandator 3 eventually, maybe send it to the Maldrood for a unique unit, since it shares the Bellator with the PA. maybe give the Eariadu the ability to make Vengeance and Night Hammer, rather than Executor and Night Hammer.

also, Wook says it is a downscaled version of the Mandator series or ships, but it was a new design. while the bellator was the traditional dagger shape, mandatory had a flatter nose

just suggestions, do with them as you will.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 10:38:58 AM by DarthRevansRevenge »
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

December 20, 2016, 01:58:18 PMReply #6

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2016, 01:58:18 PM »
A. maybe give the Eariadu the ability to make Vengeance and Night Hammer, rather than Executor and Night Hammer.

Eriadu never showed any inclination to use or build the Vengeance. We don't wanna take away the ability to build Executors from the one Warlord who actually built an Executor.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

December 20, 2016, 04:55:13 PMReply #7

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2016, 04:55:13 PM »
Eriadu never showed any inclination to use or build the Vengeance. We don't wanna take away the ability to build Executors from the one Warlord who actually built an Executor.
Other than Jerec's the only Vengeance classes we see are in and before Shadow Hand. Giving them out like candy is not a logical idea
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

December 22, 2016, 05:38:39 PMReply #8

Offline StarBornMichaelh165

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-6
  • Long Live the United Species Republic.
    • View Profile
    • www.YouTube.com
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2016, 05:38:39 PM »
Dominion and Megador will both be in the mod in some form. There's no canon picture of either of them, and it's never made clear what class they are; if Alliance has a different look for one of them, it's not canon and we'd base absolutely 0 of our own decisions off of that. The headcanon I've essentially made up, based on the information that is known about them (and considering we'll never get it cleared up officially at this point, but we still have to do something with them) is that the smaller of the two is a Bellator (I think it was the Dominion that was smaller, but honestly do not remember) and the Megador as a Mandator-III. This basically fits the idea that they're related bu different ships, since the Bellator was essentially a scaled-down version of the Mandator III (12,000 meters to the Bellator's 7200). The Assertor also looks to be in a similar vein, and the one thing known about the Megador is that it has 16 aft thrustsrs. The smaller Bellator, of the same line, has 14 and the Assertor has 23. Basically it's the leas contradictory thing I can think of within known Legends without inventing a whole new class. Within the mod, however, at least in 2.2, both will be Bellators since we currently don't have the resources to produce another new SSD class for this release.
An interesting to think about but I believe that both Ships are Custom Version of the Classes you are thinking about. And personal I think they are the Mandator III class  (Being the Megador at 16 Thousands meters long and a Super Star Carrier then a Super Star Destroyer because of all of the Hangers being on it And have more Thrusters then a Executor class and just as powerful Shield. A one too. But not as must Turbolasers And Armor on the Ship that's my Guess)  And the The Dominion (Being a Bellator class but being 8 thousands Meters long. 500 Meters longer then a normal one And has no hangers Bays basically a Bigger version of a Allegiance class Star Destroyer) But overall try making the ships in the next Version of the mod ( aka make them it 2.3. Ok guys )
Greetings my people and welcome to the United Species Republic. Come and join the Republic that is not Like any Republic you never know before come join today. Oh and check out my YouTube and my Fan Fiction Profile OK Everyone.
 [img] file:///C:/Users/Michael/Pictures/my%20photos/Conqueror_superlaser.jpg [img]

December 22, 2016, 09:25:00 PMReply #9

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2016, 09:25:00 PM »
Mandator-III was 12 KM, not 16.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

December 22, 2016, 10:16:52 PMReply #10

• Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
    • www.YouTube.com
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2016, 10:16:52 PM »
Mandator-III was 12 KM, not 16.
actually the Mandator III Was 15 KM and the Mandator 1 Was 12 km (and the Mandator 2 was 14 km) so yeah again I say it a custom build Warship or a prototype for New Design of a Star Dreadnaught.
Greetings my people and welcome to the United Species Republic. Come and join the Republic that is not Like any Republic you never know before come join today. Oh and check out my YouTube and my Fan Fiction Profile OK Everyone.
 [img] file:///C:/Users/Michael/Pictures/my%20photos/Conqueror_superlaser.jpg [img]

December 23, 2016, 12:50:11 AMReply #11

Offline Jorritkarwehr

• Mod Team Member
  • Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2016, 12:50:11 AM »
http://jasonfry.tumblr.com/post/23039847571/eg-to-warfare-endnotes-pt-7:

Bellator-class dreadnought – 7.2 km long. The Bellator is a rethinking of the humpbacked Mandator- and Mandator II-class dreadnoughts, which are slightly longer at 8 km. Known in the Imperial military as a “fast dreadnought,” the Bellator sacrifices firepower for speed, where the Mandator III is a 12-km monster valued as a hulking weapons platform.

Mandator I and II are 8 km, III is 12.

December 23, 2016, 10:59:17 AMReply #12

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2016, 10:59:17 AM »
the Bellators are 7,200 meters long, but my guess is dominion is an oversized version about 500-800 meters longer, while keeping the same design.
Mandator III are 12,000 meters, but Megador I suspect was a rebuilt version between 200-1,000 meters longer, with some heavy armament and troop capacity sacrificed to added dozens of addition squadrons.

either way, seeing these in Crimson Empire, Imperial Reunification, and Orinda campaign will be a great addition to star wars. also, since I have more info on the Orinda campaign, I suspect the Pellaeon will have the Reaper for that specific GC, but not afterward(though I cannot read the mod teams work or minds, I am guessing).

still, great to see these added

December 25, 2016, 04:12:00 PMReply #13

• Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
    • www.YouTube.com
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2016, 04:12:00 PM »
the Bellators are 7,200 meters long, but my guess is dominion is an oversized version about 500-800 meters longer, while keeping the same design.
Mandator III are 12,000 meters, but Megador I suspect was a rebuilt version between 200-1,000 meters longer, with some heavy armament and troop capacity sacrificed to added dozens of addition squadrons.

either way, seeing these in Crimson Empire, Imperial Reunification, and Orinda campaign will be a great addition to star wars. also, since I have more info on the Orinda campaign, I suspect the Pellaeon will have the Reaper for that specific GC, but not afterward(though I cannot read the mod teams work or minds, I am guessing).

still, great to see these added
Yeah that was what I was going with a little.

December 27, 2016, 09:08:55 PMReply #14

• Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
    • www.YouTube.com
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2016, 09:08:55 PM »
It still be amazing to see what they look like finally.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!