Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Post-Endor books?  (Read 3408 times)

December 09, 2016, 07:18:45 PM

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +18/-6
  • Professional Shut in, Steam Name: Mr.puertorican
    • View Profile
Post-Endor books?
« on: December 09, 2016, 07:18:45 PM »
Hey how's everyone? I'm currently taking a break from studying (dear god help me) and I have been reading the Essential Guide to Warfare and I've been wondering, what are some really good books that are post Endor. I already have the Thrawn and Dark Empires comics. Any suggestions would be great!  :)
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

December 09, 2016, 07:42:50 PMReply #1

Offline StarBornMichaelh165

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-6
  • Long Live the United Species Republic.
    • View Profile
    • www.YouTube.com
Re: Post-Endor books?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 07:42:50 PM »
Hey how's everyone? I'm currently taking a break from studying (dear god help me) and I have been reading the Essential Guide to Warfare and I've been wondering, what are some really good books that are post Endor. I already have the Thrawn and Dark Empires comics. Any suggestions would be great!  :)
  I've Read Essential Guide to Warfare too but I wouldn't know any books that would be about post-Endor so you may need to just look it up on Bing or Google ok.
Greetings my people and welcome to the United Species Republic. Come and join the Republic that is not Like any Republic you never know before come join today. Oh and check out my YouTube and my Fan Fiction Profile OK Everyone.
 [img] file:///C:/Users/Michael/Pictures/my%20photos/Conqueror_superlaser.jpg [img]

December 09, 2016, 08:34:48 PMReply #2

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 08:34:48 PM »

The X-Wing Series. Stackpole and Alston were quite good authors (though I'm biased towards the latter because Wraiths).
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

December 09, 2016, 08:51:28 PMReply #3

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 08:51:28 PM »

Truce at Bakura, X Wing Omnibus, Shadows of mindor, The Mandalorian Armor, Slave Ship, Hard Merchandise, Rogue Squadron, Wedge's Gamble, The Krytos Trap, The Bacta War, Wraith Squadron, Iron Fist, Solo Command, Courtship of Princess Leia.

Those cover pretty much right after Endor right up to just before heir to the Empire
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

December 10, 2016, 01:23:48 AMReply #4

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +18/-6
  • Professional Shut in, Steam Name: Mr.puertorican
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2016, 01:23:48 AM »
Thanks for the book Recommendations guys!
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

December 10, 2016, 03:21:59 PMReply #5

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2016, 03:21:59 PM »
Thanks for the book Recommendations guys!

My pleasure

January 12, 2017, 08:09:01 PMReply #6

Offline SithSpits

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2017, 08:09:01 PM »
The thing about the Post ROTJ books is that they should be read in chronological order, unlike the pre-ROTJ books (with one major exception).

It wouldn't make sense to, just say, read the New Jedi Order (Vong) or the Legacy (Second Galactic Civil War) books first, as past events and characters are constantly referred to and built upon. It is one continuous story.

It's daunting if you are new to the old EU (Legends canon) due to there being 100+ books, many comic series, and short stories. But it's what also makes the post-ROTJ eras the best in Star Wars.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 09:02:16 PM by SithSpits »

January 13, 2017, 12:41:55 AMReply #7

Offline Ordinarygamer96

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2017, 12:41:55 AM »
The funny thing is as a kid my intro to the Legends canon was reading the force heretic trilogy of the NJO series. Despite not knowing anything outside of the movies and even starting the Vong war story near its end I enjoyed it immensely. I guess anything star wars is fun to me and because of this I enjoy the Vong more than many other star wars fans. I liked that they were so different. So if you have a rough idea of the post endor story and like something different read the NJO series.

January 13, 2017, 03:41:34 AMReply #8

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2017, 03:41:34 AM »
The thing about the Post ROTJ books is that they should be read in chronological order, unlike the pre-ROTJ books (with one major exception).

It's daunting if you are new to the old EU (Legends canon) due to there being 100+ books, many comic series, and short stories. But it's what also makes the post-ROTJ eras the best in Star Wars.

Actually it's pretty simple as all the old Eu books have a helpful timeline in the front of them. It lists the books in chronological order along the timeline.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!