Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: We Could Be Heroes - Greater Maldrood  (Read 8421 times)

December 07, 2016, 09:01:27 PM

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
We Could Be Heroes - Greater Maldrood
« on: December 07, 2016, 09:01:27 PM »
A couple of weeks ago we did a news post about the expanded hero roster of the Pentastar Alignment, and we intend to do this for each of the remaining Warlord factions (the other factions aren't changing Warlord Zsinj's turn.

As we mentioned in the Zsinj version, heroes can be a bit tricky for the more obscure factions. Maldrood was probably the hardest of any faction to develop in this respect, however we think we've managed to piece together a decently diverse roster which should provide a bit of different flavour and even some different goals while playing. There are one or two other options we may explore in the future, but for now we're fairly confident that this will be the Maldrood roster on release.

Before we get there, two quick things. It is currently Mod of the Year on Mod Database, so if you'd like to support the mods by voting, we'd really appreciate it. In order to vote, just click on the banners below and click on the "vote" button on their respective pages. Remember, you can vote for as many mods as you like in this phase.

Secondly, we're doing a demo for Imperial Civil War fairly soon. For more details, click here.

High Admiral Treutan Teradoc - Space: Crimson Command Victory-class Star Destroyers, 13X, Maldrood
Treutan Teradoc very quickly established himself as a capable naval theorist while at the Imperial academy on Corulag, and very quickly in his career was promoted to the position as High Admiral of Crimson Command, part of the Queli Oversector fleet led by Warlord Zsinj before the breakup of the Empire. After Palpatine's death, Teradoc took the Crimson Command and left Zsinj and the Empire behind, taking captive Zsinj's lackey Grand Moff Selit and acquiring the local defenses of multiple sectors along the Perlemian Trade Route, combining them into the Greater Maldrood. Maldrood quickly made many enemies, with a long-time rivalry between Teradoc and the neighboring Warlord Zsinj, assaults from the fledgling New Republic, and many disputes with Hutt-controlled forces to the south. Zsinj's death and Teradoc's subsequent defeat of Imperial Admiral Teren Rogriss brought many of his forces to the side of Maldrood, however with Zsinj out of  the way Teradoc became the focus of Imperial and New Republic attention. Teradoc was able to hold bits of his Mid Rim territory only with the assistance of his brother, Kosh. Teradoc would later lead one of the Reborn Emperor's fleets out of Byss, however after suffering several defeats Kosh ordered him and his forces into the Deep Core. Such benefit was short-lived, as Teradoc was murdered by Daala along with the other prominent warlords at Tsoss Beacon.

Admiral Kosh Teradoc - Space: Imperial II-class Star Destroyer, Lancet
Kosh had been competitive with his older brother Treutan for all of his life. Although Kosh was a capable commander in his own right, he tended to live in Treutan's shadow, especially with Treutan's promotion to High Admiral of the Crimson Command. After Endor, he set up his own holdings in the Deep Core, following the example of Blitzer Harrsk and Zero Command. After Maldrood gained the attention of the Remnant and New Republic, Kosh and his forces came to their defense, combining the Empires into the Federated Teradoc Union. After the early failures of Treutan during Shadow Hand, Kosh moved into the Mid Rim to defend their territory there while Treutan retreated to the Deep Core. At the conclusion of the campaign, Kosh was one of the few people who managed to hold Imperial territory in the Mid Rim. Treutan's conflict with Blitzer Harrsk, in an attempt to impress Kosh, led to the murder of both Treutan and Harrsk by Daala. Kosh held out for around a year after his brother's death in bitter depression. His death, achieved with the help of Wraith Squadron, led to his forces rejoining the Imperial fold under Daala or the now-dominant New Republic.

Kosh is recruited by killing Warlord Zsinj in any GC where he is not already a starting hero.

Vice Admiral Gilad Pellaeon - Space: Victory-class Star Destroyer, 13X
Gilad Pellaeon, the old man of the Empire, had a storied carrier leading from the Clone Wars to the days of the Empire. He strongly believed in the ideals of order espoused by the Imperial system, and proved himself time and time again to be among the most competent and level-headed of any Imperial commanders, rivaling even his brilliant mentor Grand Admiral Thrawn in some ways. After the death of Thrawn Pellaeon found himself under the command once again of the Reborn Emperor, and as this Empire once again collapsed, Vice Admiral Pellaeon became the new head of Crimson Command under Treutan Teradoc. At this point, most of Pellaeon's considerable talents were directed towards infighting amongst the Warlords, particularly Blitzer Harrsk. During Harrsk's attack on Teradoc's stronghold, Daala condemned the actions of both men squandering the resources of the Empire, drawing Pellaeon to her side to cooperate in her reunification efforts.

Pellaeon joins with Maldrood on the death of the Reborn Emperor

Pirate-Moff Leonia Tavira Space: Imperial I-class Star Destroyer, Invidious
Tavira was a former Moff who began her pirate career by allying with the forces of Kavil's Corsairs, hoping to use pirate connections to propel herself into the position of a Warlord. In pursuit of this, she formed her own group, the Invids, and allied herself temporarily with Zsinj. Soon after Pestage lost control of the Empire, Tavira instead joined with Kosh and Treutan, playing them off against each other. Treutan provided her with her own Star Destroyer, the Invidious. Leonia's presence allows the recruitment of pirate units.

Leonia Tavira joins with Maldrood after Isard takes over the Empire.

Boba Fett - Ground, Space Pursuer-class Enforcement Ship, Slave II
Dengar - Ground, Space: JumpMaster 5000 Punishing One
After Fett escaped from the Sarlacc (for a second time), he was aided by a fellow bounty hunter, Dengar, with whom he undertook many jobs related to the Black Sun, until a mission to capture . He lost the iconic Slave I when he "borrowed" Bossk's Hound's Tooth, leaving Slave I drifting in space. For years, Boba undertook only secret missions from discreet clients in the new Slave II, until an encounter with Han Solo on Nar Shaadaa. Both had a history of cooperating with the Empire, and were active in the area of the Greater Maldrood during most of the mod's timeframe.

Moff Lesan Ramier - Galactic Hero (Economic Bonuses)
Moff Ramier controlled the Brak Sector, one of the sectors along the Perlemian Trade Route under the control of the Greater Maldrood. Early on in the days of the New Republic, the Brak Sector overthrew the local Imperial government to join it.

Admiral Garrik Trier - Space Secutor-Class Star Destroyer, Contrite
Trier commanded the fleet stationed in Brak sector during the Galactic Civil War. Trier was known as a confident commander, who spent a great deal of time analyzing naval tactics used by the Rebel Alliance. (From Wookiepedia)

Both Ramier and Trier are starting heroes in Era One GCs.

Admiral Ledre Okins Allegiance-class Star Destroyer
Ledre Okins was a distinguished commander under Palpatine's rule. In 3 ABY he assumed command of a fleet led by the Executor to demolish a Rebel shipyard at Vergesso.

The following heroes were members or leaders of independent warlord groups located were also leaders of their own local Warlord groups, who can essentially be recruited somewhat like vassals.

Grand Admiral Peccati Syn Space - Imperial I-class Star Destroyer, Silooth
Syn was one of the original 12 Grand Admirals. Although he was ostensibly loyal to Sate Pestage's Empire, he was primarily a religious devotee to the Church of the Dark Side who spent most of his time over Kashyyyk, where he was attacked by Admiral Ackbar and requested help from the nearby Greater Maldrood. After Endor, he positioned his forced at Colla IV in the Mid Rim, however a New Republic attack intended to cut the Greater Maldrood off from the rest of the Empire resulted in his death.

In early Era 1 GCs, you will have the opportunity to secure Kashyyyk. If successful, Syn will join Maldrood.

Antemeridian Sector - Nearby independent sector. In order to recruit these heroes, you just need to conquer Antemeridias.

Moff Tol Getelles - Galactic Hero (Economic bonuses)
Tol Getelles was one of the final Moffs to be promoted under the Emperor's Reign. He maintained control of the Antemeridian Sector and remained nominally loyal to the Ruling Council after Endor although he slowly slipped away from their control. Despite this, he lacked ability to strike out at the New Republic on his own. He was widely seen as more level-headed and pragmatic than his close friend Admiral Larm, though Natasi Daala once described him as a, "quibbling, incompetent, boot-licking, corset-laced little sand maggot."

Admiral Larm - Space Hero: imperial II-Class Star Destroyer, Antemeridian
Larm is the Admiral in charge of Antemeridian forces, having been promoted by his friend Getelles over several more experienced officers. He is a sycophant who ingratiates himself to his superiors with a dedication to protocol

The last two heroes are both recruitable from Commenor in any GC

General Arndall Lott - Ground: AT-AT
Lott excelled in walker operations during his training, resulting in him serving under Maximillian Veers in Darth Vader's Death Squadron for two years. After this tour, Lott eventually worked his way up to the position of General and commander of Walker Operations and Tactics at the training center on Jardeen IV. After Endor, Lott and and Captain Gendarr fled Jardeen to establish themselves as Warlords. Lott designed a variation of slave-rigging similar to that on the Katana Fleet which he installed on AT-ATs and other walkers for the duo.

Captain Iolan Gendarr - Space: Imperial II-class Star Destroyer Reliance
Gendarr received his promotion to captain shortly after the Battle of Hoth, having served under Needa on the Avenger. He and Reliance were assigned to the planet Jardeen IV.

That's all for now. Just a quick reminder that the Greater Maldrood can be seen in action in Corey's playthrough on his personal channel, Corey Loses, where he's previewing a lot of the 2.2 content.

I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

December 07, 2016, 09:35:26 PMReply #1

Offline Illidan Stormrage

• Admiral
  • Approval: +17/-10
  • Killing a Emperor doesnt end a Empire
    • View Profile
Re: We Could Be Heroes - Greater Maldrood
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 09:35:26 PM »
YESSSSSSSSSSS
THANK YOU COREY.

Are any of these heroes in the demo other than Leiona Travia, Kosh Teradoc, Trueten Teradoc, Admiral Larm, and Moff Geattes?
"The Empire did nothing wrong obviously" :)
"Your Memes will make a fine addition to my collection"
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

December 07, 2016, 10:11:50 PMReply #2

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 10:11:50 PM »
looks fun!
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

December 08, 2016, 01:53:31 AMReply #3

Offline Pentastar Enforcer

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-2
  • Hi everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2016, 01:53:31 AM »
Could someone surmise the history of Boba Fett and Dengar for me after Endor and pre Yuuzhan Vong? Odd seeing them here.
The Galactic Empire - The best thing to happen to the galaxy since Midichlorian counts.

December 08, 2016, 02:24:21 AMReply #4

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2016, 02:24:21 AM »
They never officially were part of the Greater Maldrood, but they were still bounty hunters and still took contracts, and more often than not they tended to be working in this area of the galaxy (Nar Shaadaa, working for Hutts, going after the Black Sun). At one point they tried to track Han to Byss, Boba bounced Slave II of a planetary shield, and that pretty much ended their partnership. After that it's pretty much just semi-retirement for Dengar, though he still took contracts, and Boba did more or less the same until he did the whole Mandalore thing.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

December 08, 2016, 12:16:47 PMReply #5

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2016, 12:16:47 PM »
Very nice hero list. I look forward to it.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

December 08, 2016, 02:25:27 PMReply #6

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2016, 02:25:27 PM »
A fine collection of heroes indeed. i greatly relish how there are more options and ways to recruit them based on actions taken or not.
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

December 10, 2016, 08:12:24 PMReply #7

Offline DocMel

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2016, 08:12:24 PM »
What pirate units will be available after you get Pirate-Moff Leonia Tavira.

December 10, 2016, 08:17:22 PMReply #8

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2016, 08:17:22 PM »
Interceptor and Crusader.

December 10, 2016, 11:05:20 PMReply #9

Offline StarBornMichaelh165

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-6
  • Long Live the United Species Republic.
    • View Profile
    • www.YouTube.com
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2016, 11:05:20 PM »
Interceptor and Crusader.
OK the first one I know what that ship is but what's the second. Unless I know it too.
Greetings my people and welcome to the United Species Republic. Come and join the Republic that is not Like any Republic you never know before come join today. Oh and check out my YouTube and my Fan Fiction Profile OK Everyone.
 [img] file:///C:/Users/Michael/Pictures/my%20photos/Conqueror_superlaser.jpg [img]

December 11, 2016, 03:38:24 AMReply #10

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2016, 03:38:24 AM »
OK the first one I know what that ship is but what's the second. Unless I know it too.
The anti-fighter unit of the consortium. The corvette with the point defense laser
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

December 15, 2016, 10:47:07 AMReply #11

Offline Labria

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-0
  • I have good feeling about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2016, 10:47:07 AM »
Wow, so many good heroes. Even Boba Fett and Dengar in Maldrood. This warlord faction will be best.  8=)

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”
Yoda

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!