Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Lucrehulk or Invincible for 2.2?  (Read 9689 times)

December 06, 2016, 09:43:00 AM

Offline DarthRevansRevenge

• Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-3
  • Your empire is doomed. Revan has returned
    • View Profile
Lucrehulk or Invincible for 2.2?
« on: December 06, 2016, 09:43:00 AM »
so, corey, in your last video for the Maldrood, you mentioned you didn't like the Lucrehulk in the game, and wanted to put in the invincible for 2.2, but didn't want to because you might make people made. well, what you could do is: go ahead and put the Invincible in the Demo, let people use BOTH units, then have a poll to determine which unit stays and which dies.

if Lucrehulk losses, I would make it an CSA purchase unit only, as in the CSA minor faction, not the Zsinj controlled one.

I really do appreciate all the work you guys put into this mod
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

December 06, 2016, 11:09:57 AMReply #1

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Re: Lucrehulk or Invincible for 2.2?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 11:09:57 AM »
If we were to make the Invincible, it would be staying. Pointless to put that amount of work into a ship when it's almost guaranteed to lose the poll. People will never vote to remove the Lucrehulk, it being unpopular was never a motivating factor behind not wanting it so a poll about it isn't really going to give us much useful information, just confirm that people want Clone Wars wherever they can shove it, whether it's the best option or not.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

December 06, 2016, 11:46:44 AMReply #2

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 11:46:44 AM »
I personally would choose Lucrehulk simply because the Invincible is INSANELY old, being designed THOUSANDS of years before the clone wars.  I'm actually NOT a fan of the Lucrehulk (believing death donuts are rather plain and boring looking unlike death triangles), but while I like the design of the Invincible for being different, I just can't see how a thousands of year old design that was considered obsolete shortly after their design would be able to made effective without massively changing the weapon/shields that they had.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

December 06, 2016, 11:57:22 AMReply #3

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 11:57:22 AM »
The Invincible was definitely used around this time, however what seems likely is that the Invincible's actual loadout would have changed over the years and it's just the hull design they stuck with.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

December 06, 2016, 12:22:16 PMReply #4

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2016, 12:22:16 PM »
The Invincible was definitely used around this time, however what seems likely is that the Invincible's actual loadout would have changed over the years and it's just the hull design they stuck with.

That still seems a little...odd, that a ship class would still be used for over a thousand years with little to no change to the design of the ship hull with all the advances made. That would be equivalent to the USN using a Roman Trireme but just putting tomahawk missiles and a nuclear engine on it...
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

December 06, 2016, 12:41:25 PMReply #5

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2016, 12:41:25 PM »
Implying Star Wars has to make sense. Canonically it's not like its main use was really early on and it's just mentioned as just "still being in service" or something. The most important instance of the class was around the mod's timeline.

December 06, 2016, 01:00:56 PMReply #6

Offline StarBornMichaelh165

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-6
  • Long Live the United Species Republic.
    • View Profile
    • www.YouTube.com
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2016, 01:00:56 PM »
Why not just both of them.
Greetings my people and welcome to the United Species Republic. Come and join the Republic that is not Like any Republic you never know before come join today. Oh and check out my YouTube and my Fan Fiction Profile OK Everyone.
 [img] file:///C:/Users/Michael/Pictures/my%20photos/Conqueror_superlaser.jpg [img]

December 06, 2016, 01:20:11 PMReply #7

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2016, 01:20:11 PM »
Because if they server more or less the same function, it's redundant to have them both.  Plus, the point of moving to the invincible would be to NOT have so many clone wars - era ships, which would be defeated if you kept both.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

December 06, 2016, 01:45:14 PMReply #8

Offline StarBornMichaelh165

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-6
  • Long Live the United Species Republic.
    • View Profile
    • www.YouTube.com
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2016, 01:45:14 PM »
Because if they server more or less the same function, it's redundant to have them both.  Plus, the point of moving to the invincible would be to NOT have so many clone wars - era ships, which would be defeated if you kept both.
Well one a Carrier and ones a Dreadnaught so why not have them for Zsinj then.
Greetings my people and welcome to the United Species Republic. Come and join the Republic that is not Like any Republic you never know before come join today. Oh and check out my YouTube and my Fan Fiction Profile OK Everyone.
 [img] file:///C:/Users/Michael/Pictures/my%20photos/Conqueror_superlaser.jpg [img]

December 06, 2016, 01:48:36 PMReply #9

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2016, 01:48:36 PM »
Well one a Carrier and ones a Dreadnaught so why not have them for Zsinj then.

AGain, the whole point of Corey considering the invincible is to have FEWER clone-wars era ships in the mod.  So he specifcally would want to remove the lucrehulk.  Moving it to another faction doesn't remove it.

December 06, 2016, 03:21:25 PMReply #10

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2016, 03:21:25 PM »
That still seems a little...odd, that a ship class would still be used for over a thousand years with little to no change to the design of the ship hull with all the advances made. That would be equivalent to the USN using a Roman Trireme but just putting tomahawk missiles and a nuclear engine on it...
Technology in Star Wars stayed pretty static for several quite long periods of time, interspersed with occasional bursts of development e.g. post Clone Wars.  Just one other example is the Dreadnaught Heavy Cruiser which was at least 100 years old by the time Thrawn made use of the Katana fleet.
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

December 08, 2016, 12:11:33 AMReply #11

Offline Helix345

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2016, 12:11:33 AM »
I would like to point out that 1000 is 10 times as old as 100, and since I heard thousands, that changes the multiplication a bit. On the other hand, keeping the design, and the building materials are two different things. A metal quinreme with cannons instead of ballistas, metal instead of wood, and a nuclear engine instead of oars, is a bit different while keeping several fundamentals of the age old design.

Not saying that the invincible should be added, just putting my 2 cents in.

December 08, 2016, 01:47:40 AMReply #12

Offline Pentastar Enforcer

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-2
  • Hi everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2016, 01:47:40 AM »
This is the Rendili StarDrive ship were talking about right? The one from the Old Republic? Is there images of it?
The Galactic Empire - The best thing to happen to the galaxy since Midichlorian counts.

December 08, 2016, 08:16:05 AMReply #13

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2016, 08:16:05 AM »

Not the prettiest, but it is different at least.

December 08, 2016, 11:11:49 AMReply #14

Offline DarthRevansRevenge

• Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-3
  • Your empire is doomed. Revan has returned
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2016, 11:11:49 AM »
that doesn't look like pictures I have seen of it. I can't tell what it looks like. . .
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

December 08, 2016, 12:20:24 PMReply #15

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2016, 12:20:24 PM »
I'd like to see the Invincible rather than the Lucrehulk myself. Donuts in space are ok and all, but the Invincible would be something that has a different, more interesting design IMO. I'd like to see what the ICW team's take on the model would be.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

December 08, 2016, 12:54:28 PMReply #16

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2016, 12:54:28 PM »
I would like to point out that 1000 is 10 times as old as 100, and since I heard thousands, that changes the multiplication a bit.
I know there's still quite a gap between the examples, but I thought the Dreadnaught was probably the comparison most would be familiar with.  Other long-lived vessels include the Jedi Praxeum ship Chu'unthor which was in service for about 250 years before crashing on Dathomir, or on a much larger scale CenterPoint Station was believed to be around 100,000 years old.
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

December 08, 2016, 03:33:26 PMReply #17

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +18/-6
  • Professional Shut in, Steam Name: Mr.puertorican
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2016, 03:33:26 PM »
I mean let's be honest any ship inside the Star Wars universe has the potential of lasting a ridiculous amount of time I mean look at how long has the Millennium Falcon or even the YT-1300 has lasted throughout the history of Star Wars. So there is really no validation that anything within a hundred years of usage should be retired. However if there isn't any evidence of usage of the lucerhulk being used Post-Endor, while the invincible is shown ( going of Corey here) post-endor. It would make canonical sense to replace the lucerhulk with the invincible if people really need clone wars ships inside a post-Endor mod. Also refering back that the US doesn't use very old tech, look up the bomber called the B52 it started flying for the USAF in 1952, and is still being used today. A common phrase among B52 pilots is, "The last B52 pilot hasn't been born yet.
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

December 08, 2016, 03:42:40 PMReply #18

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2016, 03:42:40 PM »
And besides, who doesn't enjoy riling up Clone Wars fanboys/fangirls.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

December 08, 2016, 03:45:57 PMReply #19

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +18/-6
  • Professional Shut in, Steam Name: Mr.puertorican
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2016, 03:45:57 PM »
And besides, who doesn't enjoy riling up Clone Wars fanboys/fangirls.
Very true, but as Corey said (exaggerating) he doesn't want Anthrax being sent to his house.
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!