Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Lucrehulk or Invincible for 2.2?  (Read 9735 times)

December 08, 2016, 04:34:57 PMReply #20

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Lucrehulk or Invincible for 2.2?
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2016, 04:34:57 PM »
I'd like to see the Invincible rather than the Lucrehulk myself. Donuts in space are ok and all, but the Invincible would be something that has a different, more interesting design IMO. I'd like to see what the ICW team's take on the model would be.

I agree I'd love to see the Lucrehulk replaced.  I'm just not sure that the Invincible would be the most logical/best choice.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

December 08, 2016, 08:05:47 PMReply #21

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +18/-6
  • Professional Shut in, Steam Name: Mr.puertorican
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2016, 08:05:47 PM »
I agree I'd love to see the Lucrehulk replaced.  I'm just not sure that the Invincible would be the most logical/best choice.
Maybe instead of clone wars ships, there can be hutt ships instead seeing how Corey wants to use those ships
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

December 08, 2016, 08:20:18 PMReply #22

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2016, 08:20:18 PM »
This is for the CSA (and, by extension, Zsinj). Neither would be part of the Pentastar Alignment or any other faction, and Hutt ships wouldn't have been used by the CSA. The reasoning for the Lucrehulk was they bought out a ton of the old CIS/Republic hardware, even if the Lucrehulk isn't reallu explicitly one of the things they're mentioned as having used. The reasoning for the Invincible is that poretty much any time you see the CSA mentioned, the Invincible is part of that somewhere, and any time you see the Invincible mentioned, the CSA is part of it somewhere.

In 18 BBY a union of pirates were launching raids into the recently reorganized CorpSec and the surrounding area, that forced the Empire to get involved in what was known as the Listehol Campaign. Admiral Wullf Yularen took command of a group of Invincible-class Dreadnaughts meant for the CSA and a small complement of Venators and TIE/LN starfighters, quickly defeating the raiders. - Essential Guide to Warfare.

Lt. Comm Angela Krin, who's a CSA and Zsinj hero, also used an Invincible and also has demonstrated a propensity for standing in front of them:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Angela_Krin
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Resolute_(Invincible-class)
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

December 09, 2016, 12:25:12 AMReply #23

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2016, 12:25:12 AM »
yeah, I probably should've changed the phrasing of that, what I meant was that you could have hutt ships purchasable if you capture hutt space. Then you have the role of the carrier filled out and can take out the cursed lucrehulk out.
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

December 09, 2016, 10:21:43 AMReply #24

Offline DarthRevansRevenge

• Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-3
  • Your empire is doomed. Revan has returned
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2016, 10:21:43 AM »
how much of hutt space is even in the mod? oh, and corey, how many planets do you have now in the mod?
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

December 09, 2016, 10:36:42 AMReply #25

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2016, 10:36:42 AM »
oh, and will the Duskhan League get more units and heroes? cause i'm pretty sure their really small right now
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

December 09, 2016, 11:46:52 AMReply #26

Offline Ordinarygamer96

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2016, 11:46:52 AM »
oh, and will the Duskhan League get more units and heroes? cause i'm pretty sure their really small right now
Considering how unimportant they are I doubt the mod creators will put too much effort into it but who knows

December 09, 2016, 12:41:40 PMReply #27

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2016, 12:41:40 PM »
Considering how unimportant they are I doubt the mod creators will put too much effort into it but who knows
Yeah. who knows ;)
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

December 09, 2016, 01:21:21 PMReply #28

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2016, 01:21:21 PM »

December 09, 2016, 03:13:11 PMReply #29

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2016, 03:13:11 PM »
Yeah. who knows ;)

Yeah it's quite obvious no one here are real DL fans  :P
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

March 12, 2017, 07:51:13 PMReply #30

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2017, 07:51:13 PM »
Yeah it's quite obvious no one here are real DL fans  :P

absolutely not, no one likes the DL ;)

as for Lucrehulk, i would rather see the Invincible in the Mod, but maybe put the Lucrehulk just in the mod files for people to use if they want it. but honestly, giving them the option to add it themselves rather than make it mandatory is my opinion. or it can go rot in the PA again, in the same way as before, as an expansion reward

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!