Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: 2.2 Demo Announcement  (Read 10870 times)

December 02, 2016, 12:05:20 PM

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
2.2 Demo Announcement
« on: December 02, 2016, 12:05:20 PM »

That's right, we're doing a demo for 2.2. In the past we've avoided doing "demo" versions, since we were typically more concerned with just getting out the full version of the mods, whether as a beta or full release. However, since we're now closing on three years since 2.1, we want to thank everyone for their patience with something, since we're not quite near release yet with everything. There are some other practical considerations for this as well; it provides a good motivator for us to focus on getting certain things done, and also should get us some feedback on new systems before they're too integrated into the mod, and let us gauge if we're going in the right direction.

So, what will be in the demo?
The demo will include one of the new 2.2 GCs, Hunt for Zsinj. This GC is both the closest to being done, and provides a good taste of both some old and new content, as well as having a fair variety of different story elements. Keep in mind that there will be a significant amount of development time between the Demo and the 2.2, so while it should give an idea of what the final version will be, there'll still be some incomplete elements.

If you don't know what the Hunt for Zsinj GC consists of, you can see the breakdown of it by clicking here.

Among other things, this includes:
New Heroes & Units (Neutron Star, Secutor, Allegiance, Bellator, Dauntless, Jumptroopers, Providence, Gladiator, Arquitens, Droideka, Skyhopper, Procursator)
Several Redone Units (Most fighters, Battle Dragon, ISDI/II, VSDI/II, Acclamator, Venator)
New Skydomes
Schism Events, Minor Factions, Story Events
Revamped Projectile Particles
Performance Optimizations (Loading & Running)

We'll be posting a more complete list of features and unit lists with the actual download, however for now I will just add the disclaimer that Maldrood will not have access to the Sorannan in the demo, and the Bellator will be the model that was in Ascendancy 1.0 as opposed to the shiny new one. As for release dates, we know better than to give one but it will be very soon.

In the meantime, Corey has been doing a playthrough of that particular GC on his youtube channel if you're interested in watching it. Tomorrow (Saturday the 3rd) he will also be doing a livestream at 2PM EST of that playthrough.

In the meantime, this week ModDB's Mod of the Year competition kicked off. Last year we managed to crack the top 10 with both Ascendancy and Imperial Civil War, and we need your support to try to do even better! So, let's see how far we can make it this year! In order to vote, just click on the banners below and click on the "vote" button on their respective pages. Remember, you can vote for as many mods as you like in this phase. A huge thanks to everyone who's voted for either mod so far.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 12:15:39 PM by Corey »
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

December 02, 2016, 12:17:08 PMReply #1

Offline DarthRevansRevenge

• Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-3
  • Your empire is doomed. Revan has returned
    • View Profile
Re: 2.2 Demo Announcement
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 12:17:08 PM »
Hooray, your work is paying off. can't wait to see the full mod in all it's glory!!
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

December 02, 2016, 12:49:01 PMReply #2

Offline StarBornMichaelh165

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-6
  • Long Live the United Species Republic.
    • View Profile
    • www.YouTube.com
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 12:49:01 PM »
Hooray, your work is paying off. can't wait to see the full mod in all it's glory!!
Hooray indeed. You know who should know about this too Hester. PERKINS GO TELL LORD ANDREW ABOUT THIS.
Greetings my people and welcome to the United Species Republic. Come and join the Republic that is not Like any Republic you never know before come join today. Oh and check out my YouTube and my Fan Fiction Profile OK Everyone.
 [img] file:///C:/Users/Michael/Pictures/my%20photos/Conqueror_superlaser.jpg [img]

December 02, 2016, 01:44:45 PMReply #3

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +18/-6
  • Professional Shut in, Steam Name: Mr.puertorican
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2016, 01:44:45 PM »
Amazing I can't wait till the demo is released!
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

December 02, 2016, 03:57:58 PMReply #4

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2016, 03:57:58 PM »
Question, is this only going to come with one GC with the changes or with all the normal GCs with out the changes plus the changed GC if that makes sense.
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

December 02, 2016, 04:16:24 PMReply #5

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2016, 04:16:24 PM »
One GC with the changes. Would be a huge amount of work trying to have it half and half, and we don't want all the unfinished stuff sitting around. We figure if people wanna play the other stuff 2.1 still exists.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

December 02, 2016, 04:54:06 PMReply #6

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2016, 04:54:06 PM »
My services are at the team's disposal. To the testing of the demo!!!
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

December 02, 2016, 06:43:45 PMReply #7

Offline Illidan Stormrage

• Admiral
  • Approval: +17/-10
  • Killing a Emperor doesnt end a Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2016, 06:43:45 PM »
My services are at the team's disposal. To the testing of the demo!!!
I will follow my Lord into so let us begin Testing
"The Empire did nothing wrong obviously" :)
"Your Memes will make a fine addition to my collection"
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

December 05, 2016, 11:57:08 AMReply #8

Offline DarthRevansRevenge

• Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-3
  • Your empire is doomed. Revan has returned
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2016, 11:57:08 AM »
question. even though the new HFZ is the only new GC, will the new unit rosters be in place for all the other GCs?
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

December 05, 2016, 11:58:19 AMReply #9

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2016, 11:58:19 AM »
None of the other GCs will be available. This will be standalone, not something you plug into 2.1, and we're not reverse engineering the rest of the 2.2 build back to 2.1, especially when 90% of people wouldn't realise its only HfZ that's supposed to be the demo portion.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 12:02:40 PM by Corey »

December 26, 2016, 12:27:11 PMReply #10

Offline Eclipse

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +16/-5
  • My Eclipse has nothing to do with Force Unleashed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2016, 12:27:11 PM »
Christmas gift from the TR team, great news! and surely amazing
A Member of the Imperial Alignment(Allies With The Shadow Post Empire).

\"Yes, the destruction of Alderaan was regrettable, but so was the destruction of the Death Stars. Are the deaths of millions of Alderaanians?who conspired to overthrow the government?more tragic than the deaths of millions of Imperial soldiers who laid down their lives to defend our way of life? I think not.\"―Antinnis Tremayne

December 30, 2016, 02:08:58 PMReply #11

Offline commander praji

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +1/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2016, 02:08:58 PM »
Christmas gift from the TR team, great news! and surely amazing

Bah humbug XD a better gift is if it was finished jkjk

Yay a taste :3

February 20, 2017, 10:16:53 PMReply #12

Offline at-dt

• Stormtrooper
  • Approval: +0/-0
  • courage is not fighting fear, but acting inspite o
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2017, 10:16:53 PM »
greater malrood has providences? malrood = cis comeback. rebels didn't expext droids.
roger roger surprise.
J.F

February 20, 2017, 11:13:38 PMReply #13

Offline Pentastar Enforcer

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-2
  • Hi everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2017, 11:13:38 PM »
Every day I'm getting more and more antsy for it!!!
The Galactic Empire - The best thing to happen to the galaxy since Midichlorian counts.

February 20, 2017, 11:24:54 PMReply #14

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2017, 11:24:54 PM »
Every day I'm getting more and more antsy for it!!!
Same I'm excited to get my hands on it. Cannot wait for it to come out! But I really do hope they stick to their current game plan and not release to everyone when its unfinished.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!