Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Executors fragile?  (Read 3529 times)

December 02, 2016, 11:53:34 AM

Offline ErikModi

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Executors fragile?
« on: December 02, 2016, 11:53:34 AM »
Now, I've only played a little bit of the game and mod, but to Executor Super Star Destroyers seem rather fragile to anyone else?  Mine keep getting blown up with relative ease by enemy fleets (even with lots of other ships to support them), and it just seems like they should be able to take a bit more punishment than that.  Or am I being stupid and playing the game wrong somehow?

December 02, 2016, 03:58:35 PMReply #1

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +18/-6
  • Professional Shut in, Steam Name: Mr.puertorican
    • View Profile
Re: Executors fragile?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 03:58:35 PM »
What type of ships are you sending in to support them
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

December 03, 2016, 12:11:13 AMReply #2

Offline ErikModi

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2016, 12:11:13 AM »
After some experimenting, my main offensive fleet wound up being:

1 SSD
5 ISDII
5 Altor
5 Torpedo Sphere
10 VSDII
10 Dread
10 Strike
10 Lancer
10 MTC

I think I upped that to 10 of everything for what turned out to be the final battle of that game, where my SSD died right before I won a Military victory (not sure how that happened, but hey).  VSDs make Scimitars, ISDs go 50/50 Interceptors/Defenders, everything else is straight Interceptors (I think), to counter NR fighter spam.

December 06, 2016, 11:01:16 AMReply #3

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 11:01:16 AM »
They're still fairly powerful (at least worth the investment), however in general the strategy we've taken with titan balancing is undertune at start and tune up, rather than start with them at Sins level and tune down. It's way too easy for titans in Sins to steal the game and become the only thing that matters, and that's something we're very much trying to avoid, but they will be a bit more powerful in some ways next version (especially with all of their abilities).
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

January 02, 2017, 03:04:18 AMReply #4

Offline Papa Palps

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2017, 03:04:18 AM »
After some experimenting, my main offensive fleet wound up being:

1 SSD
5 ISDII
5 Altor
5 Torpedo Sphere
10 VSDII
10 Dread
10 Strike
10 Lancer
10 MTC

I think I upped that to 10 of everything for what turned out to be the final battle of that game, where my SSD died right before I won a Military victory (not sure how that happened, but hey).  VSDs make Scimitars, ISDs go 50/50 Interceptors/Defenders, everything else is straight Interceptors (I think), to counter NR fighter spam.

You could focus all the Altor's Protect and Repair abilities on the SSD to sustain it throughout the battle.  The Protect abilities should be at least level 2 so that's 30 seconds of invulnerability right there, with only a cooldown of 50 seconds.  So that leaves a 20 second vulnerability period. :D  The Repair should give you 2500 health every 40 seconds and might save the SSD if it's in deep trouble.

September 15, 2019, 02:19:56 PMReply #5

Offline ketamarine

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2019, 02:19:56 PM »
The issue with the titans in this mod is that all AI fire seems to go to highest HP pool target. So if you roll in with that large fleet, and watch the damage coming in, all your cruisers and flagships will be fine, but your titan will be getting crushed.

You need to keep it behind a line of screening dreadnoughts or other front line cruisers like victory 2s. Another reason I always take the sovereign as you can hit with an initial superlaser at the biggest target, and hang back while it recharges. There may even be some range advantage with executor due to huge numbers of concussion missile launchers.

And altor fleet tenders are your friends!

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!