Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: many problems  (Read 1746 times)

November 20, 2016, 03:13:43 PM

Offline Thrawns15

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
many problems
« on: November 20, 2016, 03:13:43 PM »
Hello everybody !

I thought it would be simpler for me to create a topic because i had singular questions to ask, but i allow you to suppress it once all my problems are solved, of course...

I just installed it today and i don't have anymore missing because i changed the textfile, but i am supprised that i have only the tech level 2 in the empire of the hand and only 3 buildings, is that normal ? It means very few vehicules and only 2 types of infantry units

Also, I have RAW and clone wars installed on my PC and i wonder if the AI will be affected, knowing that I already had many pbs with those games but now they finally work well, but i heard so many good thgs about your mod that i had to test it ;) but i don't want it to affect my game, as you may understand
I read the FAQs about it, but i don't understand the thing about it : "change XML and script folders and don't forget to do it again after", i dont understand anything about that

PS : please, I'm only expecting, as written in your forum rules, comprehension, politeness and respect as I respectfully ask my question, as I am not really strong in computer stuff, I require your pedagogue talents  ;) but take your time to answer me, I evidently won't blame you about this,

thank you !!!

November 22, 2016, 08:40:30 PMReply #1

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +18/-6
  • Professional Shut in, Steam Name: Mr.puertorican
    • View Profile
Re: many problems
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 08:40:30 PM »
Hello everybody !

I thought it would be simpler for me to create a topic because i had singular questions to ask, but i allow you to suppress it once all my problems are solved, of course...

I just installed it today and i don't have anymore missing because i changed the textfile, but i am supprised that i have only the tech level 2 in the empire of the hand and only 3 buildings, is that normal ? It means very few vehicules and only 2 types of infantry units

Also, I have RAW and clone wars installed on my PC and i wonder if the AI will be affected, knowing that I already had many pbs with those games but now they finally work well, but i heard so many good thgs about your mod that i had to test it ;) but i don't want it to affect my game, as you may understand
I read the FAQs about it, but i don't understand the thing about it : "change XML and script folders and don't forget to do it again after", i dont understand anything about that

PS : please, I'm only expecting, as written in your forum rules, comprehension, politeness and respect as I respectfully ask my question, as I am not really strong in computer stuff, I require your pedagogue talents  ;) but take your time to answer me, I evidently won't blame you about this,

thank you !!!
Well first of all welcome to the forums! As a newer member myself you will find nothing but respect and politeness as you state. Anyway, I am also not strong at doing computer things so I will help you with the knowledge I have from many years of playing mods. If I were you I would reinstall EAW and FOC and back up your vanilla data folder because RAW does change the data folder with its AI changes. Also you might want to read the manual on this mod because tech has been changed from base game. It works by era, and changes when you kill the leader at the time. Isard>Thrawn> Palpatine> Daala (spelling is off I think, and maybe wrong leader)> then Galleon (spelling) If I remember correctly from playing the EOH, they do only have three production buildings. If you need anymore help I am willing and also the other members of the forum.
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

November 23, 2016, 12:59:02 AMReply #2

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
Re: many problems
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 12:59:02 AM »
Hello everybody !

Welcome aboard!

That is correct. The Hand only has 3 military buildings: barracks, light, and heavy factories. Barracks only have 3 infantry types (Troopers, Commandos, and PLEX Bikers). The EotH has always been lower on units (especially ground) because all of their units with the exception of the Clawcraft are mod team originals. This is countered by the fact that their units are also pretty powerful all things considered.

As Mr. Puerto brought out, it's probably the safest bet to uninstall/reinstall. The AI modifications in RAW can cause issues.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!