Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

- Chatbox: For random chatting, mod questions/suggestions go in the actual forums.

Author Topic: December Update part 1.  (Read 3708 times)

December 15, 2007, 06:13:16 PM

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
December Update part 1.
« on: December 15, 2007, 06:13:16 PM »
Yellow,

I'll start this off by saying we've added two new mirrors for the Fall of the Republic minimod on the downloads page. The minimod is now available from EaW Filefront, as well as a new filefront link to a zip file, as it was requested by many people. The new links are on the FotR minimod page on the site.

Next, I'll explain some of the more gameplay related changes we've made. One of the major ones would be the shipyards. Each faction has three different shipyard types: Capital, Heavy Frigate, and Corvette/Light Frigate. There is also a fourth type, the Heavy Capital shipyard, however they are only used by a few factions, and are not in skirmish. Each different shipyard level can only be built on certain planets; Light Frigate/Corvette Shipyards are buildable on all but the most backwater planets such as Helska IV, Heavy Frigate Shipyards are buildable mainly on highly, populated, industrial or important planets like Xa Fel, Mechis IV, Corulag and Bothawui. Capital shipyards are only available on planets that canonically have shipyards, such as Mon Calamari, Kuat, Fondor, Bilbringi and Sluis Van. These are limited even further by the type of ship, for example Kuat may be able to support a capital shipyard, but this is pointless to the Rebels, as their capital ships are all fishtanks, and require Calamarian crew.

The next one is the popcap. I've mentioned a raised popcap before, but we've never given an exact number. With the 4x larger maps, we needed to have more units to populate them, seeing as in FoC the pop cap seemed way too small even with the smaller maps. On land, the population cap is now 20 for all planets, and in space there is not yet a set number, it fluctuates between 70 and 100, and we will continually be adjusting it to what we feel works best. For lower end machines, we will be releasing a patch with a lower pop cap, probably between 40 and 50.

Next we have a few ingame pictures of the three Golan platforms, and a small Rebel task force. Click for full size images.

And a skinned render of the Warlord.

And some news on the site. I'd like to get a bit more information and other stuff on it in the near future. I'm currently working on adding unit lists to the different factions on the factions page. When I'm done, each of the logos will link to a page with a description of the faction and a unit list. I also plan on getting an image gallery put on the site, however this will have to wait until Nezill is back in action.

Finally, we are in desperate need of skilled mappers. If you would like to apply, then email me at ThrawnsRevenge@gmail.com .

S'all for now,
-The Thrawn's Revenge Team
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

December 16, 2007, 12:42:38 PMReply #1

Offline Kratas

• Chat Members
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +19/-38
  • "If my face looked like a squid, I'd be angry, too
    • View Profile
Re: December Update part 1.
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 12:42:38 PM »
great update and thats only part 1

December 16, 2007, 12:54:43 PMReply #2

Offline vadereclipse

• Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +28/-27
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 12:54:43 PM »
those rebel ships are a task force??? it could take a planet, counting fighrtwer complements!

December 16, 2007, 01:51:54 PMReply #3

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 01:51:54 PM »
That took up about 18 population points. The enemy fleet was much bigger.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

December 16, 2007, 01:55:30 PMReply #4

Offline vadereclipse

• Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2007, 01:55:30 PM »
i forget. what is the pop cap in this?

December 16, 2007, 02:03:00 PMReply #5

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2007, 02:03:00 PM »
Mid eighties.

December 16, 2007, 02:44:28 PMReply #6

Offline vadereclipse

• Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2007, 02:44:28 PM »
wow a mod where you don't run low on cap in skirmish.

December 17, 2007, 03:18:37 AMReply #7

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2007, 03:18:37 AM »
Nice update :)
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!