Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Schism Events, Research & Galactic Conquest Breakdown - Era Three  (Read 42425 times)

November 16, 2016, 08:49:47 PMReply #60

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
Re: Schism Events, Research & Galactic Conquest Breakdown - Era Three
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2016, 08:49:47 PM »
Easy there Thrawn.

While we certainly appreciate all the help Xizer and those he's recruited for voice acting have given us, it's worth keeping in mind those scripts were written by him; I haven't seen them and to be honest wasn't aware they were even being written, and as such they are based on his understanding of the makeup of 2.2, which while more complete than most people (since I've included him in some of the GC planning), does not include all the details.

Addressing this, the Teradoc line in Question was written for 2.1 years back. At the time we put Teradoc aboard the 13X as Maldrood wasn't a faction yet and Teradoc was only playable in the Shadow Hand GC with the 13X being the only NAMED CC VSD we put Teradoc on it.
If that line is in the new VO scripts 13X needs to be changed to "Crimson Sunrise" as Treuten Teradoc's ship.

Also always happy to help with the VOs and consultations Corey, is a pleasure. Speaking of which if possible I could use the GC intros for Zsinj as my VO guy for him has been bugging me to get started on them.(He's even wearing the bloody mustachios and Grand Admiral's tunic)
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

November 16, 2016, 09:30:38 PMReply #61

Offline Illidan Stormrage

• Admiral
  • Approval: +17/-10
  • Killing a Emperor doesnt end a Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2016, 09:30:38 PM »
hahhahahahaha that's funny Lord Xizer

So My lord what Gc do you plan to play first?
My top three first plays are these.
1: Endor Aftermath as the Greater Maldrood.
2: Crimson Empire as the Greater Maldrood.
3: Imperial Civil War as the Pentastar Alignment.

What about you Corey don't you play ICW for Fun?
"The Empire did nothing wrong obviously" :)
"Your Memes will make a fine addition to my collection"
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

November 16, 2016, 11:42:10 PMReply #62

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2016, 11:42:10 PM »
hahhahahahaha that's funny Lord Xizer

So My lord what Gc do you plan to play first?
My top three first plays are these.
1: Endor Aftermath as the Greater Maldrood.
2: Crimson Empire as the Greater Maldrood.
3: Imperial Civil War as the Pentastar Alignment.

What about you Corey don't you play ICW for Fun?

Endor Aftermath is certainly highest on my to do list, though the options for the Imperial mutiny/Crimson Empire time frame are also delightfully tempting as runner up with a solid third place going to Warlord Zsinj's GCs.

November 17, 2016, 06:57:13 AMReply #63

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 17, 2016, 06:57:13 AM »
Endor Aftermath is certainly highest on my to do list, though the options for the Imperial mutiny/Crimson Empire time frame are also delightfully tempting as runner up with a solid third place going to Warlord Zsinj's GCs.
Yeah Zsinj is a cool guy. In fact I just got Wraith squadron, Iron Fist, and Solo Command.
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

November 17, 2016, 10:02:42 AMReply #64

Offline DarthRevansRevenge

• Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-3
  • Your empire is doomed. Revan has returned
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 17, 2016, 10:02:42 AM »
I can't wait till we see what the new art of war and imperial civil war GCs look like.
Corey, will art of war or imperial civil war contain all the planets and factions in the mod?
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

November 17, 2016, 11:44:42 AMReply #65

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 17, 2016, 11:44:42 AM »
Yeah Zsinj is a cool guy. In fact I just got Wraith squadron, Iron Fist, and Solo Command.

Honestly he is my favorite Warlord character. he has the most personality of them all. Added to that is the tactics we see him use and his interactions with melvar are a delight.

November 17, 2016, 08:08:25 PMReply #66

Offline Pali

• Tester
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +39/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 17, 2016, 08:08:25 PM »
I loved how Melvar liked to sneak up on him, and always had a smart ass response when Zsinj called him in it (something like "I stomped up with the stealth of an angry rancor, but you were too focused on your work to be distracted").

November 17, 2016, 08:40:52 PMReply #67

Offline GreyStar

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +11/-4
  • The Rival Defender
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
« Reply #67 on: November 17, 2016, 08:40:52 PM »
Interesting idea. If Thrawn hooks up with Palpatine might Thrawn actually go back to leading the EotH thinking his old master has everything under control? Or still going with Rukh kills Thrawn? Also, to be honest, I'd kinda laugh if someone made an Era 5 EotH playthough entitled "Thrawn's Revenge" that includes the orbital bombardment of Honhgor.

November 18, 2016, 01:53:57 AMReply #68

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 18, 2016, 01:53:57 AM »
Thrawn never worked with Palpatine He was killed by his own bodyguard by that point.
That's why he will never make it into era 3.
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

November 18, 2016, 03:18:37 PMReply #69

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 18, 2016, 03:18:37 PM »
Thrawn never worked with Palpatine He was killed by his own bodyguard by that point.
That's why he will never make it into era 3.

Also there is some doubt as to whether Thrawn would have given up the reigns to palpatine again, he clearly states to Mara that, "I rule the Empire now. Not some long dead Emperor."
thrawn's recruitment of C'baoth(a VERY powerful Force user) mass use of ysalamiri and the fact palpatine didn't aid Thrawn at all but worked with Isard and the Warlords denying him powerful forces also support this theory.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 03:20:41 PM by Lord Xizer »

November 18, 2016, 04:13:17 PMReply #70

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2016, 04:13:17 PM »
Also there is some doubt as to whether Thrawn would have given up the reigns to palpatine again, he clearly states to Mara that, "I rule the Empire now. Not some long dead Emperor."
thrawn's recruitment of C'baoth(a VERY powerful Force user) mass use of ysalamiri and the fact palpatine didn't aid Thrawn at all but worked with Isard and the Warlords denying him powerful forces also support this theory.
In Theory here if, Thrawn survived till shadow hand we would see a few things
1:Thrawn Wouldn't trust papaltine and consider him a threat to his people and his power. He would rally most of his forces including the corellian sector and Delak Kenrel. Maldrood might go Thrawn with EA going dark empire with zero command. This would mean a all-out ICW
2: Thrawn would be contacted by Carnor Jax and they would plan a coop within the COMPNOR, the ISB and have a Imperial munity.
3: The Eoth would come into play and so would the Eclipse and Galaxy Guns.
4: Thrawn Might Negotiate with the NR through Pelleaon a seize fire until the Dark Empire was wiped out. This means force-users would come into play and fight with Thrawn.
5: Now with most of the galaxy against him Paps would lose 2 to 10.
6: Once Paps is dead for good Thrawn will probably do 1 of 2 things. Option A: He continues his campaign against the NR or Option B: He realizes how the galaxy needs unity and negotiates peace with the NR.
7: Most Warlords at the end of this would have  heir territory would be Annexed by Thrawn, Continue on fighting, fade away, or be overtaken by the NR.
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

November 18, 2016, 04:55:02 PMReply #71

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 18, 2016, 04:55:02 PM »
I agree.
it would mess up all the rest of the game. An Infinites GC where that happened would be interesting though. . . . .
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

November 18, 2016, 05:51:09 PMReply #72

Offline GreyStar

• Vice Admiral
  • The Rival Defender
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
« Reply #72 on: November 18, 2016, 05:51:09 PM »
It would mess up the game, but that would kinda be the point.

But because of Thrawn's conflicted nature at such an event, his loyalty to the Hand, (unless he's an AI lol), loyalty to the Empire, and loyalty to Palpatine, and his knowledge of the incoming Yuuzohng Vong (eventually), it'd almost be a blessing for him to be killed by Rukh as it's near impossible to serve all of those loyalties at once. Can't go back to the Hand because Palpatine is back, can't betray the Hand by conquering them with Palpatine, can't not unify the galaxy against the Vong.

Best case scenario for Thrawn there: Palpatine and him successfully destroy the New Republic, and he can convince Palpatine to not make the Palpatine's Nostril to defend against the Vong and instead just let his EotH do it.

Best case scenario for Palpatine: He and Thrawn steamroll the New Republic, he finally blows up Mon Calamari, and he builds the Palpatine's Nostril to destroy the Vong, and those effing Chiss get back to second class citizenship.

Best case scenario for New Republic: Thrawn and Palpatine both crash the Eclipse.

November 18, 2016, 07:21:54 PMReply #73

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 18, 2016, 07:21:54 PM »
As I said Earlier I doubt everyone would follow Paps and certainly not Thrawn.
Thrawn never really needed paps all the time.
as I said earlier Thrawn would lead a fight with many Imperials on his side against Paps along with the NR since they have a common enemy just like Zsinj.
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

November 18, 2016, 08:40:00 PMReply #74

Offline GreyStar

• Vice Admiral
  • The Rival Defender
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
« Reply #74 on: November 18, 2016, 08:40:00 PM »
Thrawn would not join with the NR simply because he knows the Dark Empire would be better equipped to defend itself against the incoming Invasion, with time rapidly ticking down as far as he knew. Not to mention he knew the Republic's weaknesses inside and out, and knew he would never, ever be welcome there (probably.)

November 19, 2016, 07:52:19 AMReply #75

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 19, 2016, 07:52:19 AM »
Thrawn wouldn't follow palpatine, but neither would palpatine follow thrawn. I think what might happen is the dark empire forms with ALL the warlords, but the IR would be split between palpatine and thrawn, with thrawn forced to rejoin the EoTH to stop from being instantly overrun. then shadow hand would be a three-way war

November 19, 2016, 09:04:21 PMReply #76

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 19, 2016, 09:04:21 PM »
In Theory here if, Thrawn survived till shadow hand we would see a few things
1:Thrawn Wouldn't trust papaltine and consider him a threat to his people and his power. He would rally most of his forces including the corellian sector and Delak Kenrel. Maldrood might go Thrawn with EA going dark empire with zero command. This would mean a all-out ICW
2: Thrawn would be contacted by Carnor Jax and they would plan a coop within the COMPNOR, the ISB and have a Imperial munity.
3: The Eoth would come into play and so would the Eclipse and Galaxy Guns.
4: Thrawn Might Negotiate with the NR through Pelleaon a seize fire until the Dark Empire was wiped out. This means force-users would come into play and fight with Thrawn.
5: Now with most of the galaxy against him Paps would lose 2 to 10.
6: Once Paps is dead for good Thrawn will probably do 1 of 2 things. Option A: He continues his campaign against the NR or Option B: He realizes how the galaxy needs unity and negotiates peace with the NR.
7: Most Warlords at the end of this would have  heir territory would be Annexed by Thrawn, Continue on fighting, fade away, or be overtaken by the NR.

You forget, the PA would have sided WITH Palpatine, same with Krennal. Kaine and Krennal both resented Thrawn for essentially commandeering their forces for his campaign.
Pellaeon too would be duty bound to obey the Emperor, so who he would side with at that point would be difficult to read. Jax would have subverted Palptine but wouldn't have worked with Thrawn as he would have been just as much of a threat to jax's rule as Palpatine. Thrawn also wouldn't have negotiated peace with the NR, he saw them as the antithesis of Order and even with peace there would be a bitter division between them for the coming YVW.
Also Palpatine had more forces above Byss alone than Thrawn had in his ENTIRE campaign. This included 3 Vengeance SSDs, multiple Executors, Sovereigns, the World Devastators and shortly later the Galaxy gun. Added to that is the HAX broken level of Darkside power Palpatine used in Shadow hand(Literally tearing holes in space and time with Force Storms)
Thrawn was good but seeing how divided his own power base would be, his limited resources and the massive odds in the Emperor's favor there's only one way that would go down.

November 19, 2016, 10:54:14 PMReply #77

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 19, 2016, 10:54:14 PM »
You forget, the PA would have sided WITH Palpatine, same with Krennal. Kaine and Krennal both resented Thrawn for essentially commandeering their forces for his campaign.
Pellaeon too would be duty bound to obey the Emperor, so who he would side with at that point would be difficult to read. Jax would have subverted Palptine but wouldn't have worked with Thrawn as he would have been just as much of a threat to jax's rule as Palpatine. Thrawn also wouldn't have negotiated peace with the NR, he saw them as the antithesis of Order and even with peace there would be a bitter division between them for the coming YVW.
Also Palpatine had more forces above Byss alone than Thrawn had in his ENTIRE campaign. This included 3 Vengeance SSDs, multiple Executors, Sovereigns, the World Devastators and shortly later the Galaxy gun. Added to that is the HAX broken level of Darkside power Palpatine used in Shadow hand(Literally tearing holes in space and time with Force Storms)
Thrawn was good but seeing how divided his own power base would be, his limited resources and the massive odds in the Emperor's favor there's only one way that would go down.
okay fare point on Pa and Kereneal
but I think Pellaeon knows how evil Paps is and would side with Thrawn for Loyalty. The salmir would come into play.
But lets look at Thrawn's position in this circumstance.
1: The EOTH and some Imperials would side with Thrawn, and lets assume at this point he has some kattana fleets dreadnaughts. Paps would be fighting a war on two fronts.
2: The NR would be having the jedi fight back with or against Thrawn it doesn't matter. And also I know this sounds dumb but Beltaine would side with Thrawn and give him war droids.
3 Also when Palps dies a few things will happen. Sedriss will take over and the warlords will go back to the way they use too. Leaving some to unite under Thrawn therefore we see a all-out war in the galaxy with chaos.
4: when Paps dies and crimson empire forms they will most likely be annexed by Thrawn with some warlords refusing to join Thrawn causing still the threat of warlords.
5: By the time Dala emerges Thrawn will be trying to reunite the Empire and Dala will then help Thrawn with it. Thrawn probably not use the maws superweapons but use those Crystal things to power the weapons of many of ships.
6: Thrawn Unites the galaxy and prepares for the vong invasion which he would win without the use of the force.
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

November 20, 2016, 10:00:30 AMReply #78

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2016, 10:00:30 AM »
 IF Palpatine returned while Thrawn was around, I'm pretty sure we would see most. if not all, of the warlords join him, plus 1/2 to 2/3 of the IR. whatever was left would join Thrawn and the EoTH. so, yes, Palpatine would be facing a 2 front war, but he would probably start out more cautious and continue building his forces up before launching Shadow Hand on BOTH the NR and the EoTH. he would probably take the time to finish Eclipse 2 and a couple Sovereigns, and the Galaxy gun, plus some more world devastators, just to name some, BEFORE launching his new offensive.

November 20, 2016, 02:45:03 PMReply #79

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2016, 02:45:03 PM »
okay fare point on Pa and Kereneal
but I think Pellaeon knows how evil Paps is and would side with Thrawn for Loyalty. The salmir would come into play.
But lets look at Thrawn's position in this circumstance.
1: The EOTH and some Imperials would side with Thrawn, and lets assume at this point he has some kattana fleets dreadnaughts. Paps would be fighting a war on two fronts.
2: The NR would be having the jedi fight back with or against Thrawn it doesn't matter. And also I know this sounds dumb but Beltaine would side with Thrawn and give him war droids.
3 Also when Palps dies a few things will happen. Sedriss will take over and the warlords will go back to the way they use too. Leaving some to unite under Thrawn therefore we see a all-out war in the galaxy with chaos.
4: when Paps dies and crimson empire forms they will most likely be annexed by Thrawn with some warlords refusing to join Thrawn causing still the threat of warlords.
5: By the time Dala emerges Thrawn will be trying to reunite the Empire and Dala will then help Thrawn with it. Thrawn probably not use the maws superweapons but use those Crystal things to power the weapons of many of ships.
6: Thrawn Unites the galaxy and prepares for the vong invasion which he would win without the use of the force.

Thrawn is also in a two front war, really a three front. PA to his immediate North, Krennal to his North East, the NR to his front, and Palpatine when he drives out of the Deep Core. Remember without the backing of the Moffs, PA and Krennal Thrawn had barely 7 ISDs to his name(only 3 of which were loyal to BASTION-I.E. Kaine), factor in the roughly 185 Katana Dreadnoughts and you have a fleet that just can't stang against the massed might against them. Thrawn would be reduced to hit and Run tactics or would take the katana's and head into the Unknown Regions with them to avoid an ultimately futile bloodletting. Palpatine doesn't even need to get involved in the fighting right off the bat either. He can let Kaine, Krennal, the NR and Thrawn fight each other while his coalition of Warlords united by Isard strike at the right time. That is WITHOUT factoring the Byss fleet and superweapons in. Thrawn wouldn't have committed the EotH either, as they were far too tied down with "a dozen threats that would freeze your blood if you knew of them" on an almost daily basis and based off what we see later they were always stretched thin.
Thrawn's position both as an alien  and relative outsider to the Imperial Court would have badly worked against him, especially when you look at the results of the Shadow Hand Campaign compared to the Thrawn Campaign.
Thrawn took back 1/4 of the galaxy to add back tot he 1/4 the Empire held when he took over. Palpatine's campaign literally by basic military definition-won. They reconquered roughly 85% of the galaxy(excluding Hutt space, CSA and such that is almost 90% of their previous holdings. If not for Palpatine "Culling the weak' in the madness of the Imp mutiny the Empire would undoubtedly have won as they literally ground the NR back to calling itself the Rebel Alliance and the terror of the Shadow hand campaign caused half the galaxy to REMAIN neutral for two more years fearing another possible resurgence.
Daala wouldn't have had the pull she had later if Palpatine was still alive. Also her duty was to the EMPIRE which technically would have put her loyal to Palpatine. She just wanted to fight rebels, so she would likely have handed her resources to the closest Emperor aligned force and gone to the front(or repeated the lunacy that was her campaign) Remember the only reason she became popular with the lower ranks was her desire to fight rebels over other Imps. At this point in the story the Imps are fighting the Rebels mostly so she doesn't stand out as much just yet.
Pellaeon also does not necessarily gain the same level of influence in this scenario as he wouldn't have been promoted to vice Admiral yet or been able to help fill a power vacuum. 
Also if Palpatine really felt threatened enough by the ysalamiri he would have marked Myrkr as the first target for the World Devastators, his second would likely have been Mount Tantiss, and don't forget palpatine was the perpetrator and knowing accomplice of the Noghri deception, i wouldn't put it past him to leak the truth(or a version of it) to the Noghri to have them turn on Thrawn. Robbed of his clones, uncertain of the Noghri, with mos tof his power base gone from kaine and Krennal defecting and facing a unified Dark Empire Thrawn at best has to flee into the Unknown regions, at worst he is blown up by one of the massively hax broken superweapons floating around.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 02:50:44 PM by Lord Xizer »

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!