Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Less is More  (Read 4490 times)

October 29, 2016, 05:42:39 PM

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Less is More
« on: October 29, 2016, 05:42:39 PM »
We've not shown too many individual screenshots lately, however there's a lot going on behind the scenes. We've had a lot of focus recently on updating some of the older content, including putting some of our newer Ascendancy assets into ICW (including the Venator, Acclamator, TIE Fighters, ISDs, etc), on top of reworking some particles and the skydomes in the mod. These aren't just meant to look better; they also have a net decrease in polies, particles, and filesize, meaning better visuals, better performance, and better load times.

I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

October 29, 2016, 07:57:08 PMReply #1

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +18/-6
  • Professional Shut in, Steam Name: Mr.puertorican
    • View Profile
Re: Less is More
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2016, 07:57:08 PM »
It looks nice and crispy. :)
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

October 29, 2016, 08:17:02 PMReply #2

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2016, 08:17:02 PM »
I do love the Venator.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

October 29, 2016, 09:14:47 PMReply #3

Offline StarBornMichaelh165

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-6
  • Long Live the United Species Republic.
    • View Profile
    • www.YouTube.com
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2016, 09:14:47 PM »
I love the Venator Good job.
Greetings my people and welcome to the United Species Republic. Come and join the Republic that is not Like any Republic you never know before come join today. Oh and check out my YouTube and my Fan Fiction Profile OK Everyone.
 [img] file:///C:/Users/Michael/Pictures/my%20photos/Conqueror_superlaser.jpg [img]

October 29, 2016, 09:58:41 PMReply #4

Offline Illidan Stormrage

• Admiral
  • Approval: +17/-10
  • Killing a Emperor doesnt end a Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2016, 09:58:41 PM »
We've not shown too many individual screenshots lately, however there's a lot going on behind the scenes. We've had a lot of focus recently on updating some of the older content, including putting some of our newer Ascendancy assets into ICW (including the Venator, Acclamator, TIE Fighters, ISDs, etc), on top of reworking some particles and the skydomes in the mod. These aren't just meant to look better; they also have a net decrease in polies, particles, and filesize, meaning better visuals, better performance, and better load times.
Does that Ventor have rotating lasers?
"The Empire did nothing wrong obviously" :)
"Your Memes will make a fine addition to my collection"
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

October 30, 2016, 02:08:38 PMReply #5

Offline Vons Barador

• Stormtrooper
  • Approval: +0/-0
  • We are the first line of defense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2016, 02:08:38 PM »
Does that Ventor have rotating lasers?

IIRC, turreted hardpoints are, along with deathclones and other such minutia, queued for later work after updates on the GCs, heroes, models, etc. I could be wrong but I remember hearing that from Corey or someone somewhere.
"The Empire that Senior Captain Thrawn is carving into the evil that pervades our worlds is not the Empire you chose to leave. His is an Empire of justice and dignity for all beings. His Empire is one we gladly serve. One we are willing to die for."

October 30, 2016, 03:24:26 PMReply #6

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2016, 03:24:26 PM »
Death clones and damage particles are things we're working on, but we have no current plans to do rotating turrets. That's a ton of extra stuff for the CPU to track and ultimately would be a significant drain on performance. We'd have to test it a lot more before we were comfortable doing that (it may not seem like a big deal, but when you have multiple ships onscreen with multiple tracking turrets, especially some of the Fractalsponge designs like the Bellator or Praetor where there's literally dozens per ship, it adds up quickly).
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

October 31, 2016, 03:46:25 PMReply #7

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2016, 03:46:25 PM »
neat
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!