Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Galactic Pathfinding Tips or Rules?  (Read 1551 times)

October 23, 2016, 08:34:58 AM

Offline JMDurron

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Galactic Pathfinding Tips or Rules?
« on: October 23, 2016, 08:34:58 AM »
I have noticed that especially in the larger Galactic Conquests the pathfinding for fleets is nearly as bad as capital ship pathfinding in space battle mode.  Is there any underlying logic to the roundabout fleet paths that are taken (going from Coruscant to Levian Two, with nothing but my fully controlled worlds along the direct route my fleet just went THROUGH MON CALAMARI), so that I can better plan my routing?  Or, do I just have to tell every fleet or troop movement to literally go planet-by-planet to avoid this degree of stupidity?  I'm losing at least 3 weeks of my NR early-game rush of IR worlds in Final Imperial Push to this idiocy, so it has finally annoyed me to the point where I'm asking for any help or insight that might be available in this community. 

I've noticed some patterns, like fleets tending to follow previous paths of conquest through sectors where I've added worlds to my faction, which is annoying but at least makes some sense.  Ignoring sane paths through friendly worlds that have been friendly for the entire scenario just baffles me, and makes me think that there is some other ruleset involved that this community might have insight into. 

Thanks in advance! 

November 09, 2016, 09:38:12 PMReply #1

Offline Womboning

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Galactic Pathfinding Tips or Rules?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 09:38:12 PM »
This has happened to me a few times, but for the most part, if you just select a fleet and hover it over the planet you're sending it to, it'll highlight the route the fleet will take. Sometimes it's completely fubar or the highlight doesn't show, so my advice would be to just micro the fleets a little closer. Only send them 2 or 3 planets forward at a time and try to avoid larger movements when there's a cluster of planets. It's a little tedious, but it's a lot better than having to wait 5 mins for a round the galaxy trek because of a pathing derp. 

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!