Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Repeating Crash  (Read 14467 times)

June 24, 2017, 01:04:28 PMReply #20

Starkiller21

Re: Repeating Crash
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2017, 01:04:28 PM »
This is somewhat semi off-topic but I also experience these crashes on the Alliances mod. It seems like these stream of errors could potentially be the game itself. i saw a post of someone comparing different versions of the game from the actual retail discs of both the vanilla EAW and FOC, to the retail version of the gold edition, and to the digital gold versions. The post also stated that the best version to run mods on is to buy EAW and FOC separately in disc form. Idk if this helps confirm anything, I just want someone to find a solution to these crashes.

June 24, 2017, 02:24:49 PMReply #21

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Re: Repeating Crash
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2017, 02:24:49 PM »
We'd need more information on what's actually happening when it crashes. What version of the mod are you playing? What GC? What faction? What roughly is going on when it crashes (are you in tactical battles, galactic battles, any notable heroes just die)? 2.1 has no notable crashes that we're aware of if you have the patch installed, 2.2 Demo has one or two potentially related to emergent faction events that we're trying to track down. Alliance mod is not a good indicator for anything frankly, that mod is and has always been a broken pile of bugs.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!