Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Wiped  (Read 2085 times)

October 19, 2016, 07:49:06 AM

Womboning

Wiped
« on: October 19, 2016, 07:49:06 AM »
Yeah so I keep getting errors that wipe my saves..... Even the Autosave.... Was 70 weeks in and boop all gone.... Once again ruining my will to play the game.

October 19, 2016, 06:41:56 PMReply #1

Offline Jorritkarwehr

• Mod Team Member
  • Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +3/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Wiped
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 06:41:56 PM »
How many different save files do you have? This has happened to me when I have 25 or so.

October 19, 2016, 09:47:39 PMReply #2

Womboning

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 09:47:39 PM »
I had the save for the game I was in, the autosave, and a save from a different campaign I was doing. So 3.

October 19, 2016, 09:50:25 PMReply #3

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 09:50:25 PM »
An error as in an error occurs when you're playing and it says they're being deleted, or when you just go to load them they aren't there?
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

November 01, 2016, 03:22:20 AMReply #4

Womboning

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 03:22:20 AM »
Ok so I solved the issue I was having previously with a resolution change. Idk how it made everything less buggy but it did. Now the issue I'm getting is that when I play as the Remnant, since this is the 3rd time it's happened as them, and it seems to happen only on a space battle at Ithor, since it's happened 3 times now on Ithor, after hitting begin, the camera won't pan around the space station as it does before every battle. It just puts the camera right in the middle of my defending fleet. From this point on, it won't let me select anything. If I click on any unit, it'll give the voice of the unit, but the unit won't pop up on the toolbar or select. Using hotkeys won't work either. If I try to give a command it doesn't work. So basically I can't give them any order. Same with plats, hypervelocity gun, and after getting the glitch, any battle after will do the same thing. Ground or space, I can't select my units. This time I was 200 weeks in, and now I'm cranky again. Rip Remnant again.

November 01, 2016, 03:29:14 AMReply #5

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2016, 03:29:14 AM »
That can be fixed. It is a known issue iwith EaW called the selection freeze bug, which essentially occurs after the game stops being able to track created objects (projectiles, units, you name it). All you need to do is open the save file with this utility:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/thrawns-revenge/downloads/unit-selection-freeze-fixer-utility-v2

And click "defreeze."

Unfortunately since it's an issue with the game engine, mods can't do anything to stop the issue from occurring in the first place it, but that defreezer tool can fix it after it happens.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

November 01, 2016, 11:06:26 PMReply #6

Womboning

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2016, 11:06:26 PM »
Thanks fam. Gonna save me a lotta headaches. Keep up the good work :)

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!