Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: EotH surface to space weapon  (Read 2963 times)

October 15, 2016, 06:20:37 PM

Offline charga600

• Recruit
  • Approval: +1/-0
    • View Profile
EotH surface to space weapon
« on: October 15, 2016, 06:20:37 PM »
Hey all,

Been in love with the mod ever after finally installing it in place of the Clone Wars mod. Playing my first GC as the Empire of the Hand and I've gotten to the point where I need to start fortifying some borders while I focus my ships elsewhere. The Brask stations are OK but the Visvia's are amazing. My only issue concern is that I can't find any surface to space weapons to build as the EotH, would I be wrong to guess that they don't actually get one? If not, why not?

October 15, 2016, 06:59:30 PMReply #1

Offline StarBornMichaelh165

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-6
  • Long Live the United Species Republic.
    • View Profile
    • www.YouTube.com
Re: EotH surface to space weapon
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2016, 06:59:30 PM »
It's Becues They never had one. The Empire of the Hand Just has VERY Powerful Space/Battle Stations ok man.
Greetings my people and welcome to the United Species Republic. Come and join the Republic that is not Like any Republic you never know before come join today. Oh and check out my YouTube and my Fan Fiction Profile OK Everyone.
 [img] file:///C:/Users/Michael/Pictures/my%20photos/Conqueror_superlaser.jpg [img]

October 15, 2016, 07:03:50 PMReply #2

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 07:03:50 PM »
95% of the Empire of the Hand content was created by us, Michael, so if we had wanted them to have one, we could have made one (and did for Ascendancy). In ICW, we intended for the Visvia to sort of function in that same space, although we may revisit that decision and add something else.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

October 16, 2016, 08:23:35 AMReply #3

Offline charga600

• Recruit
  • Approval: +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2016, 08:23:35 AM »
OK, thanks for the quick response. I don't know what the specific stats/ranges are, but if you do decide to revisit the Visvia's, could you give their triple mega masers additional range? Main reason I ask is that for some bizarre reason the AI for the Imperial Remnant is deciding to build stacks and stacks of fighters and sending them into battle with lone ships and troop transports which they, rightly, keep at the back and because all might light ships and fighters die so quickly to their mass of fighters I can't kill that single ship and end the battle; sadly when you have a fleet of 300 which is comprised of 90% fighters it can actually be effective.

December 20, 2016, 12:46:02 PMReply #4

Offline jaxter

• Stormtrooper
  • Approval: +0/-0
  • Praetors OP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2016, 12:46:02 PM »
Having read through this I must ask a question here, If you intended for the Visva platform to work as the Hand's space artillery, then why not give it a function similar to what the Consortium has in base EAW:FOC? And at the very least PLEASE give it more range, It isnt able to do anything in most of my fights because my ships spawn too far ahead of the platform.

December 20, 2016, 01:28:44 PMReply #5

Offline GreyStar

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +11/-4
  • The Rival Defender
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2016, 01:28:44 PM »
To be fair Jax if it had more range, at least on the maser cannons, you wouldn't need an ability like the Zann's space artillery. Because quite simply the cannons themselves would fufill the same purpose, crippling or outright destroying a ship in a mere attack.

December 20, 2016, 02:24:58 PMReply #6

Offline jaxter

• Stormtrooper
  • Approval: +0/-0
  • Praetors OP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2016, 02:24:58 PM »
Yea, I wouldn't expect both of those, but at least getting one of them would make it a viable defencive tool

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!