Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Era Two - Galactic Conquest Breakdown  (Read 21036 times)

October 17, 2016, 05:20:02 PMReply #20

Offline Illidan Stormrage

• Admiral
  • Approval: +17/-10
  • Killing a Emperor doesnt end a Empire
    • View Profile
Re: Era Two - Galactic Conquest Breakdown
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2016, 05:20:02 PM »
Why is Zero Command suddenly so popular?  I seem to recall when there were votes it got basically no support.
People just like Zero Command. They aren't the biggest warlord faction though. You have  Prentioch's Dominion, and many others
"The Empire did nothing wrong obviously" :)
"Your Memes will make a fine addition to my collection"
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

October 17, 2016, 05:21:46 PMReply #21

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2016, 05:21:46 PM »
Why is Zero Command suddenly so popular?  I seem to recall when there were votes it got basically no support.

People want what they don't have lol
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

October 17, 2016, 05:38:45 PMReply #22

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2016, 05:38:45 PM »

I was on vacation from the forums during that poll, otherwise I'd have voted for Zero Command over the Authority. Having been reading the later Bantam EU novels recently it appears Harrsk was the larger threat in the years between Shadow Hand and Reunification, as he had gained the support of many of the Imperial holdouts.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

October 17, 2016, 05:48:14 PMReply #23

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2016, 05:48:14 PM »
I was on vacation from the forums during that poll, otherwise I'd have voted for Zero Command over the Authority. Having been reading the later Bantam EU novels recently it appears Harrsk was the larger threat in the years between Shadow Hand and Reunification, as he had gained the support of many of the Imperial holdouts.
ummmmmmm.... Zero Command wasn't on the poll and they aren't in the game and we will only see them represented in Reunification man.
They were a big threat though.
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

October 17, 2016, 06:15:29 PMReply #24

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2016, 06:15:29 PM »
ummmmmmm.... Zero Command wasn't on the poll and they aren't in the game and we will only see them represented in Reunification man.

Yes I know they won't in the game. However, the option was there for whatthe final Warlord faction was going to be depending on which got the most support. Authority won. Search the forum, said topic is there somewhere.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

October 17, 2016, 06:15:54 PMReply #25

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2016, 06:15:54 PM »
The thing we are talking about here was long ago. It was a decision on which faction to be made into the mod. Eriadu Authority or Zero Command, And let's just say, Zero command just ended up with a crushing defeat.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 06:39:52 PM by Corey »
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

October 17, 2016, 06:28:16 PMReply #26

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2016, 06:28:16 PM »
I prefer Harrsk the Hipster (he was Warlording before it was cool) to Delvardus the Tarkin Dynasty Failure. But ah well.
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

October 17, 2016, 06:41:44 PMReply #27

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2016, 06:41:44 PM »
Wasn't a poll, this is the topic you're referring to.

And Thrawn, they will be in the game, and it'll even say "Zero Command" when you kill them, you just can't play as them.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

October 19, 2016, 07:31:07 AMReply #28

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2016, 07:31:07 AM »
Wasn't a poll, this is the topic you're referring to.

And Thrawn, they will be in the game, and it'll even say "Zero Command" when you kill them, you just can't play as them.
Cool Corey
I have a very serious question. Will 2.2 be a zip file for steam users? I suck at installing patches and I Screw up things a lot.
Could you make a fully detail guide to installing patches?

"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

October 19, 2016, 08:47:11 AMReply #29

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2016, 08:47:11 AM »
We'll definitely have a zip, and most likely have both zip and installer. There will be full instructions, but the process will be essentially the exact same as installing 2.1
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

October 19, 2016, 09:12:01 AMReply #30

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2016, 09:12:01 AM »
I prefer Harrsk the Hipster (he was Warlording before it was cool) to Delvardus the Tarkin Dynasty Failure. But ah well.

Wrong, Grand Admiral Zaarin was the ORIGINAL rogue warlord. He did it BEFORE Palpatine died making him the true pioneer.
You've probably never heard of him.(#HipsterZaarin)
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

October 19, 2016, 09:40:11 AMReply #31

Offline Ordo

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2016, 09:40:11 AM »
Wrong, Grand Admiral Zaarin was the ORIGINAL rogue warlord. He did it BEFORE Palpatine died making him the true pioneer.
More Like Zaarin was a #TRAITOR before it was cool.

October 19, 2016, 10:54:01 AMReply #32

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2016, 10:54:01 AM »

Well I suppose you could classify him as one. He did try to establish his own Empire so I can buy that.
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

October 19, 2016, 04:19:44 PMReply #33

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2016, 04:19:44 PM »
Well I suppose you could classify him as one. He did try to establish his own Empire so I can buy that.
Didn't he fight Thrawn in the unknown Regions?
That could be a cool Gc
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

October 25, 2016, 07:31:35 AMReply #34

Offline JMDurron

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2016, 07:31:35 AM »
With Steele already in as a hero, clearly there's already been an inclusion of the TIE Fighter story arc into the mod's universe.  Possibly some kind of a "Thrawn's career" GC, where you progress Thrawn through ranks/eras and get upgraded ships for him as you go, a la Ackbar and Solo?  After Zaarin's defeat, I suppose he could move into building up the Empire of the Hand, but I could see potential issues with mixing/matching different Legends sources depending on whether the TIE Fighter "we await word from Endor" ending and Thrawn not returning until 5 years later would create a conflict or not. 

October 26, 2016, 12:13:49 AMReply #35

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2016, 12:13:49 AM »
and you are right in the later parts. it is confusing
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 12:17:24 AM by kucsidave »
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

October 26, 2016, 12:31:45 AMReply #36

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2016, 12:31:45 AM »
With Steele already in as a hero, clearly there's already been an inclusion of the TIE Fighter story arc into the mod's universe.  Possibly some kind of a "Thrawn's career" GC, where you progress Thrawn through ranks/eras and get upgraded ships for him as you go, a la Ackbar and Solo?  After Zaarin's defeat, I suppose he could move into building up the Empire of the Hand, but I could see potential issues with mixing/matching different Legends sources depending on whether the TIE Fighter "we await word from Endor" ending and Thrawn not returning until 5 years later would create a conflict or not.

All of the TIE Fighter stuff is pre-Endor, so we don't touch that at all. We would like to have GCs that focus more on the unknown regions and the buildup of the EotH, but that alone will be a ton of work, even without extending the timeline backwards and making an era to cover the Galactic Civil War as well.

October 26, 2016, 07:25:53 AMReply #37

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2016, 07:25:53 AM »
All of the TIE Fighter stuff is pre-Endor, so we don't touch that at all. We would like to have GCs that focus more on the unknown regions and the buildup of the EotH, but that alone will be a ton of work, even without extending the timeline backwards and making an era to cover the Galactic Civil War as well.
no offense, but I think it is fine to have a pre endor gc. The EOTH are very cool and we could have many threats.
Examples:  Zaarin aliens, and Warlord esva
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

October 27, 2016, 12:40:45 AMReply #38

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2016, 12:40:45 AM »
I'm not saying the problem with it is that it is pre-Endor because that's arbitrarily off-limits, i'm saying what that involves is very different from what exists in the mod, and very little of it could intersect with what's already in the mod. A GC based around the formation and growth of the Empire of the Hand would be able to stretch a little bit back before Endor to cover some Nuso Esva stuff (since Endor wasn't quite the same watershed for the Unknown regions as elsewhere), but for the most part it would all still extend into the mod's current timeframe, and none of the earlier stuff would have any implications for the rest of the galaxy in the mod.

Zaarin, for example, was nothing to do with EotH; he was someone Thrawn fought in his capacity as an Imperial, it was an Empire-Rebel-Zaarin conflict, and part of the Galactic Civil War. Doing the Galactic Civil War requires a fair number of different units, heroes, and planets not already in the mod, and which can't really carry over to the other parts of the mod. The initial plans for 2.2 were to do that, however we ultimately decided we're far better going for more depth in what we cover and improving upon that/those assets instead of trying to spread it out even further and ultimately ending up with a lower level of quality.

October 27, 2016, 02:47:05 PMReply #39

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2016, 02:47:05 PM »
Zaarin, for example, was nothing to do with EotH; he was someone Thrawn fought in his capacity as an Imperial, it was an Empire-Rebel-Zaarin conflict, and part of the Galactic Civil War. Doing the Galactic Civil War requires a fair number of different units, heroes, and planets not already in the mod, and which can't really carry over to the other parts of the mod. The initial plans for 2.2 were to do that, however we ultimately decided we're far better going for more depth in what we cover and improving upon that/those assets instead of trying to spread it out even further and ultimately ending up with a lower level of quality.
Imagine the Imperials pre Endor
we'd just have ssds everywhere
but we could just do 1 with Thrawn leading a Imperial taskforce in through the unknown regions with delak kerenal and other imperial heroes involved there
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!