Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Multiplayer  (Read 4879 times)

October 13, 2016, 01:14:06 PM

Offline Caesars_Legion

• Tester
  • Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +3/-0
  • The Legion shall never stop it's march
    • View Profile
Multiplayer
« on: October 13, 2016, 01:14:06 PM »
Hi guys, in regards to playing Multiplayer Mods (ICW, RaW, SGTPG, etc etc) how you would guys recommend getting it to work?

I've attempted to use tunngle with little success and I was curious if you guys have anything that could help.

Thanks.
"You are, all of you, vermin. Cowering in the dirt, thinking... what, I wonder? That you might escape the coming fire? No. Your world will burn until its surface is but glass! And not even your Demon will live to creep, blackened, from its hole to mar the reflection of our passage; the culmination of our Journey. For your destruction is the will of the gods! And I...I am their instrument!"

The message just repeats. Regret. Regret. Regret.
Catchy, any idea what it means?
Dear Humanity, we regret being Alien bastards, we regret coming to Earth, and we most definitely regret that the corps just blew up our raggedy ass fleet!

October 13, 2016, 02:11:59 PMReply #1

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Re: Multiplayer
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 02:11:59 PM »
The easiest way to get mods to work in multiplayer is to take the data stuff out of the mod's data folder (ie Imperial_Civil_War/Data), and drop it directly into the Data folder for the base game (Corruption/Data). Then you can set it up in a VLAN client as a regular EaW game (no fucking with launch options to make mods work) and it'll work, since the mod has taken the place of the base game. Just remember to make a backup.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

October 13, 2016, 05:20:28 PMReply #2

Offline Caesars_Legion

• Tester
  • Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +3/-0
  • The Legion shall never stop it's march
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 05:20:28 PM »
Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks Corey.
"You are, all of you, vermin. Cowering in the dirt, thinking... what, I wonder? That you might escape the coming fire? No. Your world will burn until its surface is but glass! And not even your Demon will live to creep, blackened, from its hole to mar the reflection of our passage; the culmination of our Journey. For your destruction is the will of the gods! And I...I am their instrument!"

The message just repeats. Regret. Regret. Regret.
Catchy, any idea what it means?
Dear Humanity, we regret being Alien bastards, we regret coming to Earth, and we most definitely regret that the corps just blew up our raggedy ass fleet!

October 13, 2016, 06:14:45 PMReply #3

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 06:14:45 PM »
No problem.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

November 17, 2016, 05:17:34 PMReply #4

Offline Kn0rssman

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2016, 05:17:34 PM »
here is the setup my brother and i used

steam copies of star wars EaW gold pack

thrawns revenge 2.1 http://www.moddb.com/mods/thrawns-revenge/downloads/imperial-civil-war-21-zip1

thrawns revenge 2.1 stability patch http://www.moddb.com/mods/thrawns-revenge/downloads/21-stability-patch-gc-fixes

we copied the contents of the thrawns revenge data folder into the forces of corruption data folder replacing already existing files

then we used gameranger forces of corruption lobby to setup the connection for the LAN lobby

the only issue we had after that was sync errors during 2v2 space battles against 2 AIs, our GC match went through with 0 issues
my setup for multiplayer

steam copy of star wars EaW gold pack

thrawns revenge 2.1

thrawns revenge 2.1 stability patch

copied the contents of the thrawns revenge data folder into the forces of corruption data folder

gameranger forces of corruption lobby to setup the connection for the LAN lobby

January 03, 2017, 04:57:04 PMReply #5

Offline MegatronG1

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 04:57:04 PM »
Has anyone gotten multiplayer mods to work for people that play between the Steam Version and the CD Retail version?
We were able to get the games to play the vanilla game by using the MP lobby fix but we couldn't seem to get it to work for any mods that we attempted to play by coping the files for the mod into the data folder.

January 04, 2017, 03:38:19 PMReply #6

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2017, 03:38:19 PM »
Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks Corey.

He is quite helpful
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

March 03, 2017, 07:52:48 PMReply #7

Offline hesterj

• Stormtrooper Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2017, 07:52:48 PM »
Has anyone gotten multiplayer mods to work for people that play between the Steam Version and the CD Retail version?
We were able to get the games to play the vanilla game by using the MP lobby fix but we couldn't seem to get it to work for any mods that we attempted to play by coping the files for the mod into the data folder.

yes I have played ICW 2.1 on game ranger with friends, it works as long as you don't have more than 2 AI for some reason.  Any more than that and it lags.

On that note, anyone want to play on gameranger?  Post on this thread and we can set up a time to do it.  A skirmish tomorrow night (3/4) at midnight GMT would be fun.

To get it to work I just followed the instructions provided by Corey in this thread and it was great

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!